It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:30 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
gotta disagree...just watched it this morning on my dvr and gotta say awful...they should have killed spartacus off not try to pull the switcharoo...and a few of the slaves look different ...they did a great job of making season 2 by going back in time but this new season is going to fail...also they should not have brought back lucy lawless and her giant areolas.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:47 pm 

I didn't even know there was a season 2. I thought they gave up after Sparticus got cancer.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
In the fourth episode this season, New Spartacus will get a prostate exam.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
I liked it. It required a slight adjustment on my part but the acting was alright, the violence and sex was great and the action was solid. The portrayal of Roman excess was awesome and the political intrigue looks to be good as well.

I will continue to watch.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:41 pm 

Nothing to do with Spartacus, but does it really matter that it's a Friday show, or Sunday, etc.? With DVR's we have 8-10 different shows we record and they get watched whenever we find the time. Considering that 7-9 p.m. Is basically homework and get the kids to bed, I'd miss most of the shows I like without DVR.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:21 am 

just watched the latest episode last night..the acting is just bad now..this show was great the first 2 seasons..now with all the casting changes the acting and writing is bad.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:38 pm 

I bailed after a couple episodes this year. It seemed like the entire show was lots of slow-mo "300" type blood held together by bits of sex. Became extremely boring, because even the action scenes were so chopped up by the slow-mo that they sucked.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Yeah I'm able to admit that I love this show. Like if I'm actually still awake at 9pm on Friday night I'll watch it live. Tomorrow should be a great episode with Gannicus returning. Most of the time I catch it the next day but that one tomorrow night I'll probably stay up for.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:15 pm 

pretty much gave up on this show...the previews for magic city look great

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:37 am 

well you can't compare the original with the other franchises that have sprung up..different ovens and maybe different ingredients?.. either way 84th pulaski is the best pizza around and the franchises can't compare to the original... never tried the orland fox pizza.. but i eat once a week at fox/beverly and it is great but no nick n vitos.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:05 pm 

The last episode was great. Spartacus and Gannicus going toe to toe vs one another was awesome. God I love this show.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:12 am 

Q.Bovifs wrote:
Indeed. Just wish Spartz would look like less of a puny wuss, though.

Also, the show is running out of hot women.

YES.

Those GLADIATORS in the first season were built like shit killing bad mother fuckers that were trained to kill other bad mother shut your mouths.

Spartacus now looks like a fucking Abercrombie model....same basic body type but soft as shit. He looks more poltiical class than murdering bad ass. Same with a lot of the others, my eyes may be playing tricks on me but the other warriors even Crixous (or however your spell it) look softer....like they had to become more pussified to make fucking SPARTACUS not look so burrito.

Jesus.....do a fucking cycle...nothing huge. 12 weeks or test, some anavar tabs and a touch of EQ or winstrol would have done the job.

Whatever.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:34 am 

Q.Bovifs wrote:
I think the first Spartacus might have followed that recipe to his peril - seems like he kept getting bigger and more ripped throughout the first season. Maybe the other guys are being a bit more cautious now.

He died of non-Hodgkins lymphona.....that wasn't caused by mild steroid use. Real talk. Actually, the health dangers of therapeutic steroid use is wildly overblown. Hell, even non-therapeutic is overblown to the nith degree.

AAS being classified as a schedule III controlled substance is a fucking joke. Fuck it, add in bud and cocaine on the "WTF" schedule list as well.

Eh.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:41 pm 

Great eppisode from last night(Episode 7). The brunette that lost her brother does something for me and it was cool to see her get naked. Spartacus slicing off that dudes face was :lol: as well. Pretty interesting as Glabber and Spartacus will actually meet up face to face next week.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:19 am 

This was a great season. So many people died its hard to keep track of them. I love how they were cutting in between the fight sceneand the baby being born. They were equally intense scenes that kept me on the edge of my seat. Well done.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:11 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Shocker: Starz Cancels Spartacus, Upcoming Third Season Will Be Last

By Michael Ausiello

In a surprising move, Starz is pulling the plug on Spartacus after the upcoming third season.

The final chapter, to be titled Spartacus: War of the Damned,will air in January 2013.

“Starz always does the unexpected,” Sparty’s creator, Steven S. DeKnight, told IGN. “This show has been challenged, to say the least, in many, many ways. We’ve faced many difficulties and tragedies on the show. My original plan was to attack the show in a five- to seven-season arc. Once we got into it and after Andy [Whitfield]’s passing and looking at the historical story of Spartacus, we came to the decision to basically end on a high note.

“We certainly could have continued for a few more seasons and stretched it out, but we really wanted to end high and not feel like we were treading water –and really just condense the rest of the history into one amazing ten-episode, badass final season,” he continued. “You know, the whole show was a huge risk from the start for Starz, and it was another huge risk when I decided to try to keep the show going after Andy’s passing. Any normal studio would have just cancelled the show at that point and not risk the financial downside of it not working. But Starz, thankfully, really stuck by the show, and they really wanted it to be told all the way to the end. They didn’t want to cheat the viewers and just suddenly pull the plug. So they gave us this opportunity to wrap up the story, and we’re certainly taking that opportunity and running with it. This is by far the biggest season we’ve ever attempted.”

War of the Damned will center on the final battle between Spartacus and Marcus Crassus. “It is very much Crassus along with the aid of Caesar going after Spartacus,” DeKnight previously told TVLine. “The scope of it multiplies many times as Crassus battles Spartacus across the country.”

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:14 am 

:? :roll: :( I thought they were doing well, but apparently now well enough in the ratings.