It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
I watched a few more 9/11 documentaries recently, all of which skillfully attack the federal government's explanation of 9/11.

9/11: Press for Truth is an amazing contribution to the growing body of research on the attacks. The film convincingly raises the question of government complicity--or worse--in 9/11 on two levels. First, it demonstrates the immense resistance the families of the 9/11 victims faced from the Bush administration as they pressed for an independent investigation of the attacks. It is important to note that although the families' efforts led to the initiation of the 9/11 commission, a thorough, independent investigation of the attacks has never been undertaken. The limitations placed on the commission--in terms of investigatory scope and power, funding and time frame--insured from its inception that it would leave many pertinent questions ananswered. The movie also uses assembles many overlooked details from the mainstream media's reporting on 9/11 to establish a timeline that overwhelmingly demonstrates the lies propping up what has become the Bush 9/11 mythology. This is an important film, and it can be viewed by going to http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1016720641536424083.

Another great intervention in the debate surrounding the collapse of the WTC is 9/11 Mysteries--Demolitions. This film systematically argues that the towers disintegrated as a result of a controlled demolition. To do so, it first convincingly refutes the prevailing scientific theories behind the collapse by establishing their logical and empirical flaws. Having opened a space for an alternative hypothesis, the movie then draws from an impressive array of sources to forward its claims about the fundamental role explosives played as the towers came down. Check this one out at http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6708190071483512003&q=911+mysteries

There's a lot of other interesting stuff coming out about 9/11, but these are the two best presentations I've recently encountered. I hope some of you guys will take a look.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:21 am 
1000 CLUB

Glad you liked the demolitions film, Nas. I think it's an amazing analysis. The stuff about the steel posts and 600,000-pound concrete block getting blown so far away from the towers is really eye-opening. I think you will find the other documentary interesting, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

What is nearly as sad is that those families represent only a small portion of the American public, and the 9/11 Commission just one issue. They represent just one group of far too many in this country that has not been told the truth on many issues of concern.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
Yeah I watch it last night and thought it was good. I loved Bush's answer when they asked him why he had to sit down with the commission with Dick Cheney. His attempt to dodge the question was laughable. The families of the victims have every right to be pissed about being given the run around.

You almost have to laugh at that stuff to keep from blowing your top completely.

One thing I found really scary was Seymour Hersh's account of how the Bush administration must have allowed Bin Laden's plane escape from Afghanistan because we had total air control over the region at the time. Seymour Hersh has been a tremendous investigative reporter for a long time, so it's pretty curious that his work on this topic has been almost completely ignored.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
What is nearly as sad is that those families represent only a small portion of the American public, and the 9/11 Commission just one issue. They represent just one group of far too many in this country that has not been told the truth on many issues of concern.

True, but Bush has used 9/11 to rapidly implement a long-range neoconservative strategy to maintain U.S. global domination. Many people believe a necessary part of this strategy is an eventual military confrontation with China. And that would mean global destruction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

Anybody into Michael Ruppert's work?

Very intense and demanding material. Honestly, I wish I had discovered his work when I was still in college and had more intellectual ambition. Working full time, I must confess my on-the-side continued education consists more of passive learning. Watching documentaries instead of reading books. Listening to downloaded lectures as opposed to reading the author's articles, etc.

Nevertheless, if you have the time and are not easily rattled or quick to dismiss lone wolf thinking, he's worth checking out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
Anybody into Michael Ruppert's work?

Yes, I am familiar with his work--and the economic methodology of his mentor, Catherine Ann Fitts--and find it highly compelling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
Anything in particular other than his newsletters?

His book, Crossing the Rubicon, which discusses (among other things) the danger our national economy faces regarding the concept of peak oil (geologists have researched and argued that much of the remaining oil in the world will be difficult to access and expensive to refine and deliver).

He has also given some interesting lectures in the Pacific Northwest. Did not attend but have watched online.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
He has also given some interesting lectures in the Pacific Northwest. Did not attend but have watched online.

He gave this lecture on 9/11 in Portland a few years back. It outlines his economic approach to understanding the "inside" nature of the attacks. While it's a little long-winded and somewhat disorganized, it's still a very interesting production. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 9024486145

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:21 am 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
Go back to sleep citizens! Trust your government.

"Why would you hate America, we haven't done anything to anybody?"
Mr. Bush

That was a pretty sweet memorial that Dubya laid that wreath at Ground Zero. A bleepin' kiddie pool.

I'll spot you two years for the cleanup. Three years and it is still a hole in the ground?

If Bush was half the business man he thinks he is, the Trade Center should be put back together the way it looked before the attacks.

Fancy marble wall memorial in the lobby of each new tower. Gov't blocking private development on the site though. What's up with that?

Stoneroses, please enlighten me on why nothing has been built at the Trade Center site. Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:53 am 

pizza_Place: Jobu
donspiracy wrote:
Stoneroses, please enlighten me on why nothing has been built at the Trade Center site. Thank you.

As soon as my nomination to the "What in the world are we going to build here, and when?" Commission has been confirmed, I will have more information for you gentlemen. Unfortunately, Lincoln Chafee is holding up the vote.

At present, however, I'm just enjoying Loose Change II from the sidelines, whilst I eagerly await the upcoming Major League Baseball Playoffs.

Don, in re N.F.L.:

a) G-Men?
b) J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets?
c) Patriots?
d) None of the above?

1999-2000-2009
----------
XXI - XXV - XLII - XLVI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:03 pm 

1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
D)None of the above

I'm a life long Buffalo Bills fan. My dad's side of the family is from western NY. Momma has the blue blood from Conn.

I've been a Bills fan since the days of Fred Smerlas roaming the D-line.
Jim Kelly was a still a Houston Gambler and Bruce Smith a fat Hokie.

I'm going to the Bears/Bills tilt on Oct. 8th. My favorite moment from this series is when Cornelius Bennett landed on Merrill Hoges' face and ended his career. Good times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:21 am 
1000 CLUB

Here's a link to a videotaped lecture on 9/11 by BYU Professor of Physics, Steven Jones. While much of his lecture contains information covered in documentaries already mentioned, it does present some new analysis. For instance, about 47 minutes into the lecture, Jones illustrates the upward trajectory of the explosive plumes bursting from Building 7. Since a pancake collapse would obviously necessitate a downward trajectory, Jones' analysis effectively demonstrates that Building 7 likely fell due to controlled demolition. Following his analysis of the plume trajectory, he also discusses the strong evidence of thermate--a compound used in military grade explosives--in all three WTC buildings. That's worth watching, too.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=964034652002408586

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
That was a pretty sweet memorial that Dubya laid that wreath at Ground Zero. A bleepin' kiddie pool.

I'll spot you two years for the cleanup. Three years and it is still a hole in the ground?

If Bush was half the business man he thinks he is, the Trade Center should be put back together the way it looked before the attacks.

Fancy marble wall memorial in the lobby of each new tower. Gov't blocking private development on the site though. What's up with that?

Don, not sure if you've seen this, but here is Keith Olbermann's commentary on the fifth anniversary of 9/11, asking the same question - it preceded the President's speech by about a minute and a half, always a nice lead-in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CfvWdiAaRM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

donspiracy wrote:
Go back to sleep citizens! Trust your government.

"Why would you hate America, we haven't done anything to anybody?"
Mr. Bush

There's been nothing but bitching about any of the ideas for the new ideas....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

What other ideas have there been besides that hideously ugly proposal Donald Trump designed and that ridiculous “Freedom Towers” proposal? Are there more? Any web links to stories, images, etc?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nas, you aren't wrong. Its just that they 'decide' on a new proposal every week. That's why I like KO's special commentary from 9/11/06 - it is disgusting that that hole is still in the ground, and completely inexcusable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:10 pm 

To me, the hole in the ground is really not a problem. I understand it is unsightly and an indicator of national inertia. However the best development plan for a sight, especially one of this size, takes serious time to develop. Even small buildings take longer than you would think to develop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:25 pm 

1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
MUScholar, I have seen the KO special comment on the fifth anny of 9/11.

I try and catch his show or the 11 PM replay everyday.

I understand there was a large underground complex with the subway and such. Something has to be built the if not for an economic impact alone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

gd, I don't think this needs to be a hasty development. But the only difference with Ground Zero five years later is that it isn't still smoldering. The chief reason that nothing has gotten done so far is that everyone wants to be able to say it is their idea that was built.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

The delay in redeveloping Ground Zero makes the government look especially bad when contrasted to the rushed manner in which its clean up workers removed and/or destroyed evidence that would have provided the clearest picture possible about what happened at the WTC on 9/11. Steel was cut up and shipped overseas before it could be chemically tested while other debris was also hauled away without being properly examined....