It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 12:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Brave (Pixar)
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:23 pm 

I saw a trailer for this when I saw "The Avengers". This looks pretty intriguing. Looks like a more grown-up fairy tale Disney-esque film about a girl who wants to be a warrior. Like Arya.

I'm usually not into seeing stuff like this in the theatre because of all the noisy kids; but I may make an exception with this one, if I can afford the time.

Post subject: Re: Brave (Pixar)
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucano's
W_Z wrote:
I saw a trailer for this when I saw "The Avengers". This looks pretty intriguing. Looks like a more grown-up fairy tale Disney-esque film about a girl who wants to be a warrior. Like Arya.

I'm usually not into seeing stuff like this in the theatre because of all the noisy kids; but I may make an exception with this one, if I can afford the time.

This is also rated PG. I heard it is because the main character is a girl, so Pixar supposedly upped the cartoonish violence to attract boys. I thought that was interesting.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Il-Forno in Deerfield
This is interesting for my family because we were thinking that the first movie we were going to take my daughter to at a movie theater was going to be this summer's pixar film. On the one hand, it is about a kick ass girl (I approve) on the other hand, I don't know if it would be too harsh/scary for her. We are going to see what the reviews say, what I do know is that she already sees "the red head princess" all over the place.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Ed_from_Lisle wrote:
W_Z wrote:

This is also rated PG. I heard it is because the main character is a girl, so Pixar supposedly upped the cartoonish violence to attract boys. I thought that was interesting.

Not just to attract boys but the G rating is seen in Hollywood as the kiss of death.
For example, THe Sandlot is rated PG because of three words. They have no use in the movie except to get the PG rating.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucano's
chaspoppcap wrote:
Ed_from_Lisle wrote:
W_Z wrote:

Not just to attract boys but the G rating is seen in Hollywood as the kiss of death.
For example, THe Sandlot is rated PG because of three words. They have no use in the movie except to get the PG rating.

Yeah but this is the first PG Pixar flick. (I think)

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:46 pm 

"the incredibles" was pg.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Lipid's already seen this 3x.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
I personally wasn't inspired by the trailer but Pixar's track record is damn near untouchable, so it'll probably be good.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 12:34 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
My God,you should all turn in your man cards if you ever had one. Let me "macho" this thread up:

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:26 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Dewskie wrote:
I personally wasn't inspired by the trailer but Pixar's track record is damn near untouchable, so it'll probably be good.

want a good trailer? try abraham lincoln: vampire hunter

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:38 am 

sinicalypse wrote:
Dewskie wrote:

want a good trailer? try abraham lincoln: vampire hunter

I don't watch anything involving vampires. No creature of halloween lore has been reduced and humiliated more.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:48 am 

OMFG DUDE.... DEWSKIE.... there's this fine chick from twilight who, get this, is a PSYCHIC VAMPIRE. have you heard of the PSYCHIC VAMPIRE phenomenon? it's REAL and SERIOUS enough that hannity covered it once.... i cant find that eact video, but i think it might have been this one repackaged cuz i bet this piece was passed around the fox father stretchy ballsack >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knKCKvJ-icE

anyways ashley greene omfg she is an angel. she might not possess the capability for rational thought, but that's a great thing cuz that means she can be the handbag i was always too manly to have.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:49 am 

the look on that dog's face = PRICELESS btw it's looking at the photog like "haven't you watched lassie? PLEASE HELP ME!"

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:55 am 

oh and also.... #comeonson on twitter..... vampires sometimes get the respect and dignity they deserve

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:31 am 

jimmypasta wrote:
My God,you should all turn in your man cards if you ever had one. Let me "macho" this thread up:

i'm hoping the second one doesn't suffer from awkward drooling rourke, awkward "am i being funny?" jet li, awkward schwarzenegger, and awkward "are we really just doing an elaborate rambo movie?" miscellaneous things.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:40 am 

W_Z wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

i'm hoping the second one doesn't suffer from awkward drooling rourke, awkward "am i being funny?" jet li, awkward schwarzenegger, and awkward "are we really just doing an elaborate rambo movie?" miscellaneous things.

It's going to be meh. Chuck Norris would only be in it if they made the movie PG-13, so any of the previous death/gore is going to be almost completely removed. I think it'll be corny as hell and feature some "fuck yeah!" moments, but there won't be that "HOLY SHIT" factor that made me enjoy some of the first one.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:48 am 

i dug up the thread.

http://www.score670.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=49211

i like it less than i did when i first saw it, although i'd like to point out that the smiley emoticons i gave it are equivalent to **1/2.

i didn't dislike it that much but it definitely was not as fun as it should've been.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:55 am 

Maybe I'm old school, but I prefer my murdering to be done by males.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:14 pm 

First, the short. "La Luna" is very very cute, and extremely colorful. I think little kids will be astonished by it, especially if they see it in 3D.

Now...for the film. "Brave" is a strange title to me because it's not like it's about some coward who suddenly finds strength to be brave. It's really more a coming of age movie revolving around a girl and her mother who form a bond in a rather unique way.

The music is wonderful if you like celtic folk music, which I do. The 3D is decent but really, this movie just looks fantastic as usual for Pixar.

It's not "Toy Story" but it's very well done. I was moved by the ending. It may be a little too "girlie" for the average male (especially those who are too insecure to show their softer side) but it's definitely worth seeing.

I don't know how well this movie will do, though. Pixar's demographic is always kids, but this is almost more appropriate for 13-15 year olds. It's a "young adult" movie.

:D :D :D out of :D :D :D :D

Here's one to look for this fall, though, that looks absolutely kick ass: "Wreck it, Ralph".

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
W_Z wrote:
First, the short. "La Luna" is very very cute, and extremely colorful. I think little kids will be astonished by it, especially if they see it in 3D.

Now...for the film. "Brave" is a strange title to me because it's not like it's about some coward who suddenly finds strength to be brave. It's really more a coming of age movie revolving around a girl and her mother who form a bond in a rather unique way.

The music is wonderful if you like celtic folk music, which I do. The 3D is decent but really, this movie just looks fantastic as usual for Pixar.

It's not "Toy Story" but it's very well done. I was moved by the ending. It may be a little too "girlie" for the average male (especially those who are too insecure to show their softer side) but it's definitely worth seeing.

I don't know how well this movie will do, though. Pixar's demographic is always kids, but this is almost more appropriate for 13-15 year olds. It's a "young adult" movie.

:D :D :D out of :D :D :D :D

Here's one to look for this fall, though, that looks absolutely kick ass: "Wreck it, Ralph".

This means it will be HUGE w/ middle aged gays and lonely housewives.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
W_Z wrote:

I'm gonna wreck it!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Not brave enough to kill vampires....Abe wins.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:53 am 

second generation attention seeker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
This is Pixar's 13th straight movie that opened #1 at the box office.