It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 24
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:11 pm 

I never once watched this show when it was a running series on FOX. I'm one of those guys who, for the most part, likes to watch tv shows after they have been canceled, without commercials and having to wait for the following week to see a new show. Now that I am on my vacation, I've been checking out what Netflix has available and started watching "24." Made it through the first season in a week. It's entertaining from a ridiculous action movie standpoint. Lots of cheesy dialogue and bad acting (mostly from Jack's wife and Palmer's son). Dennis Hopper's accent was cringe-worthy. It's not ground-breaking television but it's sort of addicting.

Post subject: Re: 24
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:15 pm 

Stick with it, the next couple of seasons are much better.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:26 pm 

I do, except I think season 2 was pretty good.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:33 pm 

I've seen 2 episodes in season 2. My guess is the subplot with Kim and the crazy dad.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:41 pm 

Yep, that would be the one (and I'm sure that's what andy is referring to). And there is one particular part of that storyline near the middle of the season that became infamous for being laughably bad.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:14 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Hello kitteh...

24 was awesome...would love to be watching those for the first time again.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:43 pm 

I like how Mason has very casually accepted his own death. He keeps cracking the self-deprecating jokes and is still intimated by Jack threatening to call his boss and get him removed from the job. Why the fuck would he care since he is a dead man? :lol: Every episode tends to have a character shout something like "There's no time!" or "We're running out of time!" Most of the story is so preposterous but yet I keep watching! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:12 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Zizou wrote:
I like how Mason has very casually accepted his own death. He keeps cracking the self-deprecating jokes and is still intimated by Jack threatening to call his boss and get him removed from the job. Why the fuck would he care since he is a dead man? :lol: Every episode tends to have a character shout something like "There's no time!" or "We're running out of time!" Most of the story is so preposterous but yet I keep watching! :lol:

that's because it's pretty damn fun to run around yelling "WE'RE RUNNING OUT OF TIME!" it reminds me of this great picture i saw on the facebook regurgitation circuit:

but hey, getting paid millions of dollars to run around shouting "DAMMIT WE'RE RUNNING OUT OF TIME" is definitely a pretty slick way to go about living =D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:08 am 

andyROONEY wrote:
The odd seasons are better than the even seasons. I think 24 guy would agree with me on this actually.

I think I liked the even seasons better. Seasons 2 & 4 were probably my favorites, but yes the Mountain Lion or Cougar thing in Season 2 was stunningly bad.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
There's been talk about a feature film based on the action series, but I'm not sure if it'll come to fruition with the folks at 20th Century FOX, which produced & distributed the series. I'm also not sure if the series will air again in syndicated reruns. I think high production costs was a big reason why FOX pulled the plug a couple years ago.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:51 am 

Question for some of you long time fans of the show. I read a bit about season 1 and how the whole 24 episodes were not greenlit until midway through the first season. Is that why the Nina story is so inconsistent? She is very helpful to Jack and his family initially. You have that scene with her helping Jack's wife and daughter get out of the hospital when she spots the fake FBI agent. Then she becomes the second mole right at the end of the season out of the blue.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:15 pm 

Yes you've got it right. The Nina twist was a twist for the sake of a twist. Future seasons are much better mapped-out, although of course some storylines will still be more implausible than others.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:31 pm 

Zizou wrote:
Question for some of you long time fans of the show. I read a bit about season 1 and how the whole 24 episodes were not greenlit until midway through the first season. Is that why the Nina story is so inconsistent? She is very helpful to Jack and his family initially. You have that scene with her helping Jack's wife and daughter get out of the hospital when she spots the fake FBI agent. Then she becomes the second mole right at the end of the season out of the blue.

There's a mole every season that is usually helping Jack in the beginning but always changes their ways about 3/4 of the way through the season.