It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Land of the Dead
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:14 am 

It's not new by any means, but I just recently (finally) saw this little flick and really enjoyed it, especially Leguizamo's character. Was much more fleshed out because of his acting ability than the script probably allowed. All in all, a much better addition to the "Dead" series than "Day", but not quite as poignant as "Dawn", and certainly not as great as "Night". I enjoyed it though, and really liked the idea of Fiddler's Green, and having the zombies basically as the "poor" class.

Wasn't a fan of the CGI though...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:55 pm 

Mac Murphy wrote:
I lost interest after Day of the Dead, but Dawn of the Dead is one of my favorite horror flicks. Is the new version any good?

I hated the remake of "Dawn". It absolutely drained every ounce of meaning from the original, and made no new statements about itself as a zombie movie or a social commentary (though I'm not saying it needed to). It wasn't fun for me. I was disappointed too because I like James Gunn who wrote the script (former Troma alum and the guy who made the charming "Slither"). Maybe his script got hacked to death, I don't know--but the remake used the idea that "28 Days Later" did, making the zombies these rampaging *fast* zombies...I guess the motto would be..."these ain't your father's zombies!". But I liked my father's zombies. So I hated the movie--though it had a few nice scenes of gore.