It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:39 am 

IMU if he dyed his hair white.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:40 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Curious Hair wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:
The GF took the kids to the matinee yesterday. She said it was actually quite a bit better than expected and kids(4,7) loved it.

Just sayin'

Yeah, the consensus after all this sound and fury appears to be "wasn't bad, pretty good, not great." Of course. How foolish this all was.

It's a piece of shit movie, it bombed. It deserved to.

Killed the franchise.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:44 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Saw it last night and it was okay. The reasons it didn't compare with the original had everything to do with production. The original was a beautifully shot move with intricate sets and great practical effects. It also was a "New York" movie. This one didn't use the city 1/2 as well, and that was a pretty big failing.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:49 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
IMU if he dyed his hair white.

This feels accurate beyond the surface level.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:43 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Curious Hair wrote:

He looks like Heat Miser's obnoxious nephew with a dye job.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:01 am 

He looks like the lead singer in I-55 of Broken Dreams, St. Louis's leading Green Day cover band.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:22 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Tad Queasy wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

He looks like Heat Miser's obnoxious nephew with a dye job.

Twitter suspended his account after the Leslie Jones incident. #freeMilo is trending right now. Fuck this guy.

EDIT: Permanently suspends.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:34 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/gh ... li=BBnbfcL

'Ghostbusters' Heading for $70M-Plus Loss, Sequel Unlikely

Immediately upon the opening of Ghostbusters in mid-July, top Sony executives boldly declared a sequel to PaulFeig's all-female reboot of Ivan Reitman's 1984 classic was a given. "While nothing has been officially announced yet, there's no doubt in my mind it will happen," said RoryBruer, president of worldwide distribution at Sony.

That was the studio's last public mention of a sequel. As of Aug. 7, Ghostbusters had earned just under $180 million at the global box office, including $117 million domestic. The film still hasn't opened in a few markets, including France, Japan and Mexico, but box-office experts say it will have trouble getting to $225 million despite a hefty net production budget of $144 million plus a big marketing spend. The studio has said break-even would be $300 million.

Sony hardly is alone in suffering from audience rejection of sequels this summer. But film chief TomRothman and his team, along with partner Village Roadshow, had high hopes for launching a live-action Ghostbusters "universe." Now they are preparing for steep losses (think $70 million-plus) and an uncertain future for the franchise.

Sony won't comment on whether it has banished a sequel to the netherworld, but perhaps tellingly, a rep says the studio actively is pursuing an animated Ghostbusters feature that could hit theaters in 2019 and an animated TV series, Ghostbusters: Ecto Force, which is eyeing an early 2018 bow. Both are being guided by Reitman, who firmly is back in charge of the Ghostbusters empire via Ghost Corps., a subsidiary with a mandate to expand the brand across platforms. (It was former Sony film chief AmyPascalwho first embraced Feig's vision for the live-action reboot, not Reitman or Rothman.) "We're very proud of the bold movie Paul Feig made, which critics and audiences loved," a studio rep tells THR. "It has enlivened a 30-year-old brand and put it into the modern zeitgeist. As a result, we have many ideas in the works to further exploit the Ghostbusters universe."

Feig hasn't said whether he'll return. Stars MelissaMcCarthy, KristenWiig, LeslieJones and KateMcKinnon are said to be signed for two potential sequels, and initially they said they were game.

But now?

"Ghostbusters is on ice until further notice," says box-office analyst Jeff Bock. "I just can't fathom the creative talents behind it - Feig, McCarthy, Wiig, etc. - slogging out another one when the reception to the first one was so mediocre."

Sony disputes the amount of the potential loss, insisting that revenue streams from merchandising and such attractions as a new Ghostbusters exhibit at Madame Tussauds and a theme park ride in Dubai will help defray any deficit. The studio also notes that the number of people renting the 1984 film has soared over the summer.

"This loss calculation is way off," says the Sony rep. "With multiple revenue streams, including consumer products, gaming, location-based entertainment, continued international rollout, and huge third-party promotional partnerships that mitigated costs, the bottom line, even before co-financing, is not remotely close to that number."

I'm sure this is simply all due to PATRIARCHY! and MISOGYNY!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:00 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I guess that SJW push didn't work.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:08 am 

seriously, every "feminist" who was pushing for this movie and didn't go see it should consider *themselves* misogynists.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:21 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Curious Hair wrote:
This is the stupidest shit. These are adults who need to be put in time out.

The internet doesn't make people stupid. It just makes their stupidity much more accessible.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:25 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Tad Queasy wrote:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/ghostbusters-heading-for-dollar70m-plus-loss-sequel-unlikely/ar-BBvsQ7h?li=BBnbfcL

'Ghostbusters' Heading for $70M-Plus Loss, Sequel Unlikely

Immediately upon the opening of Ghostbusters in mid-July, top Sony executives boldly declared a sequel to PaulFeig's all-female reboot of Ivan Reitman's 1984 classic was a given. "While nothing has been officially announced yet, there's no doubt in my mind it will happen," said RoryBruer, president of worldwide distribution at Sony.

That was the studio's last public mention of a sequel. As of Aug. 7, Ghostbusters had earned just under $180 million at the global box office, including $117 million domestic. The film still hasn't opened in a few markets, including France, Japan and Mexico, but box-office experts say it will have trouble getting to $225 million despite a hefty net production budget of $144 million plus a big marketing spend. The studio has said break-even would be $300 million.

Sony hardly is alone in suffering from audience rejection of sequels this summer. But film chief TomRothman and his team, along with partner Village Roadshow, had high hopes for launching a live-action Ghostbusters "universe." Now they are preparing for steep losses (think $70 million-plus) and an uncertain future for the franchise.

Sony won't comment on whether it has banished a sequel to the netherworld, but perhaps tellingly, a rep says the studio actively is pursuing an animated Ghostbusters feature that could hit theaters in 2019 and an animated TV series, Ghostbusters: Ecto Force, which is eyeing an early 2018 bow. Both are being guided by Reitman, who firmly is back in charge of the Ghostbusters empire via Ghost Corps., a subsidiary with a mandate to expand the brand across platforms. (It was former Sony film chief AmyPascalwho first embraced Feig's vision for the live-action reboot, not Reitman or Rothman.) "We're very proud of the bold movie Paul Feig made, which critics and audiences loved," a studio rep tells THR. "It has enlivened a 30-year-old brand and put it into the modern zeitgeist. As a result, we have many ideas in the works to further exploit the Ghostbusters universe."

Feig hasn't said whether he'll return. Stars MelissaMcCarthy, KristenWiig, LeslieJones and KateMcKinnon are said to be signed for two potential sequels, and initially they said they were game.

But now?

"Ghostbusters is on ice until further notice," says box-office analyst Jeff Bock. "I just can't fathom the creative talents behind it - Feig, McCarthy, Wiig, etc. - slogging out another one when the reception to the first one was so mediocre."

Sony disputes the amount of the potential loss, insisting that revenue streams from merchandising and such attractions as a new Ghostbusters exhibit at Madame Tussauds and a theme park ride in Dubai will help defray any deficit. The studio also notes that the number of people renting the 1984 film has soared over the summer.

"This loss calculation is way off," says the Sony rep. "With multiple revenue streams, including consumer products, gaming, location-based entertainment, continued international rollout, and huge third-party promotional partnerships that mitigated costs, the bottom line, even before co-financing, is not remotely close to that number."

I'm sure this is simply all due to PATRIARCHY! and MISOGYNY!

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id ... rs2016.htm

According to boxofficemojo, Ghostbusters had a production budget of $144 million. As of August 8th, the movie had grossed $180 million worldwide.

My lack of interest has nothing to do with a female cast. It has to do with the lack of Bill Murray. That, and most remakes are terrible.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:29 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
It's a shitty movie that BOMBED.

good.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Mccarthy is not Murray. I thought the plot was somewhat similar but it lacked authenticity. The things that made Ghostbusters memorable and endearing just weren't there. Both my kids said the liked the first one better. More shots of Chris Helmsworth shirtless would not have hurt.

Or it's all Andy Garcia's fault.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:04 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Spaulding wrote:
I thought the plot was somewhat similar but it lacked authenticity.

:lol: Gozer the Gozerian wasn't authentic this time out?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:26 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Yes, but that's not quite what i meant. :wink: The humor was too contrived, not fuuny, or something.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:43 am 

Good job men. We win this one.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:31 pm 

I never thought Kristen Wiig was funny. I remember reading some profile of her somewhere that was about how you'd never expect it from a comedian, but she was really popular in high school and everyone liked her. "No, I did expect that," I thought to myself, "because she's not fucking funny."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
I thought the plot was somewhat similar but it lacked authenticity.

:lol: Gozer the Gozerian wasn't authentic this time out?

Ok Jorr, you got me. I laughed out loud on that one for a long time.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Vigo the Carpathian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Harry S. Plinkett (the character created by Mike Stoklasa of Red Letter Media) now has a review of this film.

These are the same guys who did the legendary 70 minute Episode I review.

It's pretty damn funny. (more so than the actual movie)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHUV8QLpEAc&t=50s

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:27 am 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Red Letter Media is great at doing actual critiques of cinema and not nitpicking vapid content like "Everything Wrong With". I am glad this movie got the Plinkett treatment.

Fuck Paul Feig

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:03 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Red Letter Media is great at doing actual critiques of cinema and not nitpicking vapid content like "Everything Wrong With". I am glad this movie got the Plinkett treatment.

Fuck Paul Feig

They are great at mixing criticism with humor.

As great as Half in the Bag is, their Best of the Worst may be some of the funniest content on Youtube, especially when they are all taking shots at Rich Evans.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:23 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
Watch Party! Tonight on FX!

That didn't take long to get to cable TV.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:34 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
TurdFerguson wrote:

It has been running on Starz all week.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:44 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
Cashman wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:

It has been running on Starz all week.

Sure my affluent friend "Cash"man. But for those of us on basic cable, it may be our first chance to watch!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:17 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Good job men. We win this one.

fuck yea.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:50 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Harry S. Plinkett (the character created by Mike Stoklasa of Red Letter Media) now has a review of this film.

Mike Stoklasa? Isn't that the guy Kenny Williams traded for David Wells?!

ImageImage

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
So I just finished this...

It’s not bad, but it’s not good either.

Kate McKinnon stands out more than anyone.

As she does in most of the movies she’s been in.

The callback cameos were kind of strange, and I really wish they would have just went with a female sequel for continuity’s sake.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:53 pm 

pizza_Place: The Hut
Jbi11s wrote:
So I just finished this...

It’s not bad, but it’s not good either.

Kate McKinnon stands out more than anyone.

As she does in most of the movies she’s been in.

The callback cameos were kind of strange, and I really wish they would have just went with a female sequel for continuity’s sake.

I think she is horrible.

She has a cadre of followers who sing her praises like she is supposed to be on the same plane as Belushi (no fucking way), but I have never found any of her wide-eyed over-acting the least bit humorous.

McCarthy was funny before she kept doing the same act over and over.

Election 2020-The Largest Fraud in the History of Mankind.

*If you believe that Biden won, you also believe that Epstein killed himself*

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next