It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:15 am 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Now the original Ghostbusters sucked, and the reboot is better. http://time.com/4404569/ghostbusters-nostalgia/
If it wasn't good why did they do a remake?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:21 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
The SJW Army is really staking a lot on this movie.

Pathetic.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:31 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
She's more of a Ghostbusters II person? Nobody is a Ghostbusters II person.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:32 am 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Just like The Godfather, there is no reason to pick sides between the two movies.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:15 am 

Now the original Ghostbusters sucked, and the reboot is better. http://time.com/4404569/ghostbusters-nostalgia/

i'm sure you can go dig up her "Ghostbusters" review from 1984--or probably not.

film criticism is dead anyway. it's all revisionist history from whatever narrow perspective the "critic" wants to take to promote their dogma. just reading the first paragraph of that tells you that she's not really trying to give her thoughts on "ghostbusters" as much as she is trying to sell you the reboot, simply because it's an all female cast.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:20 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
W_Z wrote:

i'm sure you can go dig up her "Ghostbusters" review from 1984--or probably not.

film criticism is dead anyway. it's all revisionist history from whatever narrow perspective the "critic" wants to take to promote their dogma. just reading the first paragraph of that tells you that she's not really trying to give her thoughts on "ghostbusters" as much as she is trying to sell you the reboot, simply because it's an all female cast.

"New Ghostbusters cast is out to prove internet haters wrong."

That's title of an article in USA Today.

This movie will be getting better reviews than it probably simply because of the female cast and all that crap.

Fucking lame.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:31 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
SomeGuy wrote:
W_Z wrote:

"New Ghostbusters cast is out to prove internet haters wrong."

That's title of an article in USA Today.

This movie will be getting better reviews than it probably simply because of the female cast and all that crap.

Fucking lame.

http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/ghostbusters-2016

...I suppose it was inevitable that in the age of YouTube the filmmakers would seize the opportunity to have a commenter mock an online video of a ghost capture with the observation, “Ain’t no bitches gonna hunt no ghosts” while the women react with appropriate scorn. But I would have preferred that they simply had shut their naysayers down by producing a better movie.

One of the good ones.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:15 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
here's a link to an article @ polygon (video game internet/magazine) where they say they can't say anything negative about the new ghostbusters movie lest they wanna end up being called gamergate (women-haters and etc)

yeah, i guess you're going to have a tricky time saying that even a shitty movie is shit because of the omnipresent "misogyny" / "social referendum" marketing campaign that sony (brilliantly?) took on for this (likely) turd.

hell in the early rounds of pitching and whatnot when paul feig got his hands on the franchise he was telling amy pascal + friends (in e-mails that came out during the sony hack) that the idea of "alien ghosts" is "potentially a multi-billion dollar idea" --- we're dealing with some brilliant minds here.

edit: paul feig is also reportedly VERY PISSED OFF that his big grand vision of a giant dance # where ghosts possess all of the police/military (and therefore only the ghostbusters can stop the bad guy) = marginalized in the final cut. so yeah, again, we're dealing with some brilliant minds here.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:38 pm 

pizza_Place: ------

You know Caddyshack sucked. But Caddyshack II? Transcendent comedy. Give me a freshly embalmed Jackie Mason over Rodney Dangerfield any day of the week.

Holy hell so I just fact checked my post and Jackie Mason is still alive 85 years young

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:49 pm 

pizza_Place: J.B. Alberto's
Phil McCracken wrote:

You know Caddyshack sucked. But Caddyshack II? Transcendent comedy. Give me a freshly embalmed Jackie Mason over Rodney Dangerfield any day of the week.

Holy hell so I just fact checked my post and Jackie Mason is still alive 85 years young

The only way they could improve Caddyshack II is if they remade it with transsexuals.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Think I might have the last headline beat:

Queer Women Of The Internet Are Fangirling Hard Over ‘Ghostbusters’

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/que ... 3?section=

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:49 pm 

so now it's ok to use the word "queer" again? bringing that back, and colored people...are mexicans going to start referring to themselves as "those of hydrated backs"?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:30 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
"Queer" as an umbrella term for "not cis/straight" has been in play for years. No qualms with queer, it's better than the alphabet soup we've been using. "People of color" gets a chuckle out of me, though; there's gotta be a better way there.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:42 pm 

i wasn't aware it was in play like that.

this movie has another $100 million to make back its budget. and "Star Trek Beyond" is released this weekend. the SJW's will spin its failure by claiming it made money worldwide and it was actually a blockbuster (which is always the case with underperforming films) but the fact is...it didn't win. if they wanted to make a real statement about the film, go see it. instead of petulant tweeting.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:46 pm 

W_Z wrote:
the SJW's will spin its failure by claiming it made money worldwide and it was actually a blockbuster (which is always the case with underperforming films) but the fact is...it didn't win. if they wanted to make a real statement about the film, go see it. instead of petulant tweeting.

They were busy binge-watching Game of Thrones. Did you hear that Hillary is just like a dragon or some shit?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
In grade school a bunch of us got in trouble for playing a football game called smear the queer. Clearly, we were more forward thinking than the school's faculty.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:56 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
W_Z wrote:
the SJW's will spin its failure by claiming it made money worldwide and it was actually a blockbuster (which is always the case with underperforming films) but the fact is...it didn't win. if they wanted to make a real statement about the film, go see it. instead of petulant tweeting.

They were busy binge-watching Game of Thrones. Did you hear that Hillary is just like a dragon or some shit?

i love how last season, the narrative was GoT was a misogynist boobfest that was in love with murdering and raping girls. this season it's a feminist champion of television with sharp and bold women.

fucking idiots.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:23 pm 

W_Z wrote:
i wasn't aware it was in play like that.

this movie has another $100 million to make back its budget. and "Star Trek Beyond" is released this weekend. the SJW's will spin its failure by claiming it made money worldwide and it was actually a blockbuster (which is always the case with underperforming films) but the fact is...it didn't win. if they wanted to make a real statement about the film, go see it. instead of petulant tweeting.

Leslie Jones apparently got into with Milo on the twitters and ends up looking really bad.
http://www.breitbart.com/milo/2016/07/18/ghostbuster-leslie-jones-reports-milo/

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:42 pm 

Ms DiCaro is of course defending this piece of shit.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
badrogue17 wrote:
Ms DiCaro is of course defending this piece of shit.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

How does she keep her job after saying that?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:33 pm 

Apparently she didn't say it, it's a photoshop, but she did retweet someone else's tweet that called Milo the Uncle Tom of gays (which he is). "Show me exactly where I said that," indeed.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:51 pm 

This is the stupidest shit. These are adults who need to be put in time out.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:23 am 

You have to understand that SNL people have never been funny comedians. They are comedic actors with more stress on the actor than the comedic. If someone isn't feeding them funny lines and situations they are self consumed, self loathing bores.

Leslie Jones is almost 50 years old. This isn't some stupid kid lashing out after getting her feelings hurt.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:34 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Leslie Jones is almost 50 years old. This isn't some stupid kid lashing out after getting her feelings hurt.

I didn't believe you, but you're right. This is ridiculous. You have to ignore these alt-right idiots. You acknowledge them and it's all over.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:34 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
The GF took the kids to the matinee yesterday. She said it was actually quite a bit better than expected and kids(4,7) loved it.

Just sayin'

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:37 am 

good dolphin wrote:
You have to understand that SNL people have never been funny comedians. They are comedic actors with more stress on the actor than the comedic. If someone isn't feeding them funny lines and situations they are self consumed, self loathing bores.

Leslie Jones was one of the main writers before she even got on the air though.

I don't really understand what the issue is here. She is getting a ton of racism sent directly at her and she got tired of it and she retweeted some of it. Then people photoshopped her tweets to make it seem like she was bad.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:25 am 

GoldenJet wrote:
The GF took the kids to the matinee yesterday. She said it was actually quite a bit better than expected and kids(4,7) loved it.

Just sayin'

Yeah, the consensus after all this sound and fury appears to be "wasn't bad, pretty good, not great." Of course. How foolish this all was.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:29 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Feel bad for her. She's not the funniest, but no one deserves to have anything like what happened last night happen to them.... This fucking Milo guy and his sycophants gotta go.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:37 am 

good dolphin wrote:

Wrong

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:38 am 

How do you look at this guy and say "yes, I'll engage him"? What fuckin' 2005 mallpunk band did he wander off from?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next