It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:35 pm
Posts: 12942
Location: On my way to the gym
pizza_Place: Kaisers
Anyone going to check this out? I remember this happening back in 1997 and the manhunt that ensued. I really enjoyed the hell out of the
O.J. Simpson series, this one I'm not so sure about. Nine episodes is a pretty big time commitment, just interested if anyone else was going
to take the plunge. Starts tomorrow night on FX.

_________________
Flew too close to the sun on wings of pastrami


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:29 pm
Posts: 21387
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Lee Miglin died a pretty horrible death from that asshole .

_________________
long time guy wrote:


A lot of you guys really just state shit without really knowing what the hell you are talking about.



OnePost wrote:
If you want to continue to post your misinformed bullshit, don't be upset when it gets shoved up your ass.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:15 am
Posts: 15442
pizza_Place: nick n vito's
badrogue17 wrote:
Lee Miglin died a pretty horrible death from that asshole .



I've argued about this before, Imo..Miglin was gay had at least one encounter with AC before his murder..what say u?

Several people say Miglin wasn't gay and AC happened to pick his Goldcoast pad to burglarize.

_________________
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Laurence Holmes is a fucking weirdo, a nerd in denial, and a wannabe. Not a very good radio host either.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:56 pm
Posts: 30922
Location: ...
it's kind of funny to me that Darren Criss is playing Cunanan.

I've got to get back to Hogwarts! So i can be on 'American Crime Story'. I've got to get back to Hogwarts. So i can kill Versace.

_________________
http://www.thereviewbin.com
gregorslist.org


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:13 am
Posts: 2712
pizza_Place: Quonset
Zero interest

_________________
SpiralStairs wrote:
I can only drink so much trucker cum...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 4:29 pm
Posts: 22008
Location: pittsburgh
pizza_Place: giordanos
GoldenJet wrote:
Zero interest


Yeah. Hard to believe that long ago. Also hard to believe someone felt it needed to be mane.

_________________
OMG, she thought Monday Night Raw was on when it was Tuesday!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:54 am
Posts: 15455
pizza_Place: A few...
pittmike wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:
Zero interest


Yeah. Hard to believe that long ago. Also hard to believe someone felt it needed to be mane.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:29 pm
Posts: 21387
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Peoria Matt wrote:
pittmike wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:
Zero interest


Yeah. Hard to believe that long ago. Also hard to believe someone felt it needed to be mane.


Image

Things definitely got hairy for Cunnane.

_________________
long time guy wrote:


A lot of you guys really just state shit without really knowing what the hell you are talking about.



OnePost wrote:
If you want to continue to post your misinformed bullshit, don't be upset when it gets shoved up your ass.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:54 am
Posts: 15455
pizza_Place: A few...
badrogue17 wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
pittmike wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:
Zero interest


Yeah. Hard to believe that long ago. Also hard to believe someone felt it needed to be mane.


Image

Things definitely got hairy for Cunnane.


Very nice.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:35 pm
Posts: 12942
Location: On my way to the gym
pizza_Place: Kaisers
I set this up to record and will probably give it a few episodes. Getting decent reviews but by the sounds of it, things don't
really heat up with the AC storyline until the last 3 episodes. I am not going to invest 5-6 hours to get to the meat of the
story. If I don't like it early on the plug will be pulled.

_________________
Flew too close to the sun on wings of pastrami


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:05 am
Posts: 517
Location: DuPage
pizza_Place: Rosati's
should've been JonBenet Ramsey case and have all the fingers point directly at her brother. little shit.

_________________
"Don't use 'trannies' here. It derails your argument."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:56 pm
Posts: 30922
Location: ...
i'm not quite sure what the point of the show is yet, but it's hard to know much about cunanan. he was a pathological liar and that showed pretty early. yet, i don't think he really knew versace before killing him. there was never a clear motive, though it looks like the show may play up the rumor that cunanan was HIV positive and that's why he went on the rampage and killed himself. that was never confirmed, and even refuted by evidence that his autopsy revealed...that he wasn't HIV positive.

it was very well shot, and the acting was good. cruz sounds like she's got something stuck in her mouth, but i wonder if that's how his sister sounds in real life.

it's very flashy and expensive. i just don't get what the purpose of the story is yet.

_________________
http://www.thereviewbin.com
gregorslist.org


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:36 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:00 am
Posts: 42794
Location: Chicago Heights
pizza_Place: Aurelio's
GoldenJet wrote:
Zero interest



Me either. And it's strange because I generally love true crime and this one has a Chicago connection. I guess I know the story pretty well and I'm not really interested in any of the characters.

_________________
We acknowledge that we are on the traditional territory of bigfan, slumlord, and denisdman.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:40 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:00 am
Posts: 42794
Location: Chicago Heights
pizza_Place: Aurelio's
SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
should've been JonBenet Ramsey case and have all the fingers point directly at her brother. little shit.



Definitely more interesting as far as I'm concerned. Do you think the brother killed her and the parents covered? It seems to me that the parents know much more than they've ever said.

How about the new Scott Peterson? There seems to be some compelling stuff that suggests maybe he didn't really do it. But you never really know how the creator of these shows is trying to spin it. The thing about Peterson is, he's a guy who seems guilty. Like even if he didn't kill his wife you wouldn't care if he was in jail because he comes off like an asshole.

_________________
We acknowledge that we are on the traditional territory of bigfan, slumlord, and denisdman.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:56 pm
Posts: 30922
Location: ...
hey, Lifetime already covered JonBenet. if you don't like it, tough!

as for Peterson, i've watched all the new stuff on it and it is a very strange coincidence that the death of his wife mirrored the death of another pregnant woman who was used as a "sacrifice". it could be reasoned that the police investigation targeted peterson because it's always easy to go after the husband/boyfriend in a case like this. my biggest question mark on him is, why did he run, and why did he change his appearance? if he had nothing to hide, then he shouldn't have been afraid. even if he was trying to duck out of the limelight because of all the sensation on the case, what they found in his car sealed the deal when they caught him.

part of me thinks he's just a piece of shit, but not a killer. but then a part of me thinks some of this stuff is coming out because some people want to be relevant in a story that's over a decade old.

_________________
http://www.thereviewbin.com
gregorslist.org


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:05 am
Posts: 517
Location: DuPage
pizza_Place: Rosati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
should've been JonBenet Ramsey case and have all the fingers point directly at her brother. little shit.



Definitely more interesting as far as I'm concerned. Do you think the brother killed her and the parents covered? It seems to me that the parents know much more than they've ever said.

How about the new Scott Peterson? There seems to be some compelling stuff that suggests maybe he didn't really do it. But you never really know how the creator of these shows is trying to spin it. The thing about Peterson is, he's a guy who seems guilty. Like even if he didn't kill his wife you wouldn't care if he was in jail because he comes off like an asshole.


I do think the brother was involved. most likely an accidental kill. the pineapple in her stomach leads me to the suggested theory that the kids woke up in the early am, had a snack of pineapple and maybe being too loud or pissed him off trying to snag some fruit, he hits her in the head with the mag-lite. parents freak. "we're rich, it was kidnappers" is conceived. would explain how they were acting strange during the morning investigation. they knew what had happened, but had to wait for the time to be right to spring it on themselves.

of everything, its the most logical.

_________________
"Don't use 'trannies' here. It derails your argument."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group