It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1420 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48
 Post subject: Re: Better Call Saul
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:29 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
shakes wrote:
ok, finally finished this off last night. Can someone explain to me why Saul blew up his 7 year plea deal to willingly take a 85 year stretch?

And anyone saying this show was even close to BB is just a tasteless moron with a severe case of recency bias and AIDS.

Because they wanted to write a happy-ish ending for Kim and threw away 15 years of character development in one scene.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:33 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Because they wanted to write a happy-ish ending for Kim and threw away 15 years of character development in one scene.
It does seem like the show disappeared out of memory almost instantly. It's like everyone at once said "That was fine" and then moved on.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:49 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
I hope everyone who liked the show watched. I hope everyone who didn't like it stopped watching and did other things with there free time.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:53 am 

SpiralStairs wrote:
I hope everyone who liked the show watched. I hope everyone who didn't like it stopped watching and did other things with there free time.

I liked it. Just like Anchorman 2, I was happy to get more content from the world built by the original.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:30 am 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
You guys talking about Better Call Saul?

The show would have been better with less Jimmy and less Kim. Both of them changed, but I don't think the show earned either transformation.

Actually, the show needed more Kim, since she went from super-steady to self-destructive (and later, self-punishing) on the drop of a hat. Could have been a really interesting character. As far as Jimmy goes, I was done with him after about three seasons. He was just a little weasel. And that ending was really . . . stupid.

Haven't read through this thread, so I am sure someone else said this, but I enjoyed everyone except Jimmy and Kim. Mike, Lalo, and Ignacio were the best characters on the show. Would have liked all of those roles reserved for my Latino brothers, but nosotros fared well enough.

(Nice racist site, JORR. Nosotros is marked as being misspelled. You just lost a poster.)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:30 pm 

W_Z wrote:
just about every modern show today is written in a "neverending story" style. it's made up as it goes along. even shows that uses source material will go their own ways, and sometimes it can be creatively beneficial.

but even really good writers like vince gilligan have fallen into the trap of banality, repetitiveness, and padding. this show is a great example of that. this could've been an extremely clever, tight 3-4 season show, that revolved around a guy who starts as a petty thief and ends as one (which is ultimately what this show is concluding with)...building a story around that. but adding in all the cartel stuff just to drop it, and backloading the story with the gene post script is why the pace seems exasperating.

it does have individual scenes/episodes that are among the best in TV. but as a whole, the show has a lot of weaknesses that could've been fixed with tighter writing.

^

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:06 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Series was way too slow and nothing really happened from year 1-3. I know they wanted to do it like BB but they characters weren't as strong as BB was. First 3 seasons could have been 1 season to setup the next 4 which should have featured more Saul Goodman than Jimmy weakass McGill.

I wanted full out Saul Goodman this series. They did not deliver. Kim sucked as a character too. Always a frown on her face.

Lalo, Mike, Gus, and Ignacio's storylines were good though.

Series Review : 3/5 stars

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:00 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Thomas-Sox-WorldSeries wrote:
W_Z wrote:
just about every modern show today is written in a "neverending story" style. it's made up as it goes along. even shows that uses source material will go their own ways, and sometimes it can be creatively beneficial.

but even really good writers like vince gilligan have fallen into the trap of banality, repetitiveness, and padding. this show is a great example of that. this could've been an extremely clever, tight 3-4 season show, that revolved around a guy who starts as a petty thief and ends as one (which is ultimately what this show is concluding with)...building a story around that. but adding in all the cartel stuff just to drop it, and backloading the story with the gene post script is why the pace seems exasperating.

it does have individual scenes/episodes that are among the best in TV. but as a whole, the show has a lot of weaknesses that could've been fixed with tighter writing.

^

Whaddya want??? Egg in your beer?

Just guessing, but I bet The Virginian had some bad moments.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:22 am 

Nardi wrote:
Thomas-Sox-WorldSeries wrote:
W_Z wrote:

^

Whaddya want??? Egg in your beer?

Just guessing, but I bet The Virginian had some bad moments.

I don't wanna talk about that.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:57 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Finally finished it....haters gonna hate. I liked it.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1420 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48