It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1420 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 48  Next
 Post subject: Re: Better Call Saul
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:15 pm 

getting chuck to admit there was a copy was clever by kim.

it's really sad seeing how great she is. i have a feeling she leaves the region in the end...leaving the mcgills far behind.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
W_Z wrote:

it's really sad seeing how great she is. i have a feeling she leaves the region in the end...leaving the mcgills far behind.

It is pretty devastating that we know something bad is gonna happen between them. There's nothing in BB that explicitly states they aren't still together in that timeframe but it's pretty obvious. I can't imagine Gilligan changing that. I just hope she lives to the end of the series.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:19 pm 

i get the feeling chuck dies, kim is betrayed one last time, and/or gets a major offer or opportunity in california somewhere.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:24 pm 

W_Z wrote:
i get the feeling chuck dies, kim is betrayed one last time, and/or gets a major offer or opportunity in california somewhere.

I hope he dies. I think King Joffrey is the last tv character I've wanted to see die in a miserable way. Fuck Chuck.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:41 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
FavreFan wrote:
W_Z wrote:

I hope he dies. I think King Joffrey is the last tv character I've wanted to see die in a miserable way. Fuck Chuck.

I don't want him to die. I want him to suffer. Think of how dumb it is. He's a respected lawyer but people accommodate him by putting away their phones and turning off the lights. He's in a fucking tinfoil suit. When does someone in power, like a judge or even Howard, just say this goof is crazy?

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:43 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
W_Z wrote:

I don't want him to die. I want him to suffer. Think of how dumb it is. He's a respected lawyer but people accommodate him by putting away their phones and turning off the lights. He's in a fucking tinfoil suit. When does someone in power, like a judge or even Howard, just say this goof is crazy?

I think we're gonna get to that point. He mentioned to the prosecutor that he could testify in court with "reasonable accommodations" or something like that. I think that's when shit might hit the fan for old Chuck.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:22 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
W_Z wrote:

Cinnabon Jimmy has a Royals lunch box.

He works in Omaha.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:07 am 

pizza_Place: It's gone
just saw it. why bingo?

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 5:36 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
HawaiiYou wrote:
just saw it. why bingo?

Thought the same. Why knowing there is an original is important?

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:36 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Jimmy had the chance to have Chuck declared mentally incapable and have him institutionalized in season one.
He wouldn't do it out of respect and love for his brother.
Now, with a propane lantern on a pile of Wall Street Journals and a house covered in tin foil, I think he may have a case for Chuck being a danger to himself.
I can see Jimmy putting Chuck away. Nothing would hurt Chuck more than that.

Former host of The Outdoors Experience on WIND and The Great Outdoors on CLTV
http://www.wefishasa.com

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:15 am 

Show is getting better and better.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:24 am 

SteveSarley wrote:
Jimmy had the chance to have Chuck declared mentally incapable and have him institutionalized in season one.
He wouldn't do it out of respect and love for his brother.
Now, with a propane lantern on a pile of Wall Street Journals and a house covered in tin foil, I think he may have a case for Chuck being a danger to himself.
I can see Jimmy putting Chuck away. Nothing would hurt Chuck more than that.

I can see the show happening like that, and I guess that shows that. But a couple things:

1. Him making a copy of the tape shows he is capable of making coherent decisions.
2. Yes paper under a lantern is some what hazardous and the tin foil sort of shows craziness.

They kind of go against each other. But I think it will play out with him being declared mentally impaired.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:29 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
The backup tape could also possibly indicate that this was some kind of plan that Chuck had.

Although that seems kind of weak. Hope they don't go that route with it unless there is more to it.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:31 am 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
The backup tape could also possibly indicate that this was some kind of plan that Chuck had.

Although that seems kind of weak. Hope they don't go that route with it unless there is more to it.

Entrapment? Maybe

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:10 am 

Maybe she recorded him admitting the backup tape?

I'd like to know when he changes from Jimmy McGill to Saul Goodman. Maybe they reach a settlement that Chuck will let everything go as long as Jimmy forgoes the family name?

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:14 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Jimmy has always been Saul Goodman in his heart and soul.

Former host of The Outdoors Experience on WIND and The Great Outdoors on CLTV
http://www.wefishasa.com

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:16 am 

HawaiiYou wrote:

I'd like to know when he changes from Jimmy McGill to Saul Goodman. Maybe they reach a settlement that Chuck will let everything go as long as Jimmy forgoes the family name?

But for what reason?

I would too, I would assume closer to the end of this series, but maybe he has a couple seasons as him as Saul Goodman. Because at the end of the day....Saul Goodman!

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:39 am 

HawaiiYou wrote:

That seems to be the popular prediction.

But, I predict that they go the other way and Jimmy screws Chuck over so badly that Chuck sullies the McGill name completely and Jimmy just moves on as Saul Goodman.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:15 pm 

This show has been fire. The scenes with Mike and Gus are great. Gus is one of my favorite tv characters of all time. I'm ready for Chuck to go, complete asswipe and crazy fuck.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:06 pm 

pizza_Place: J.B. Alberto's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
W_Z wrote:

Cinnabon Jimmy has a Royals lunch box.

He works in Omaha.

Nice catch, the show does show Jimmy living alone but maybe he is trying to reconnect...

The door (the one Mike fixed) is the key to understanding the episode though. Jimmy destroyed the door in the process of destroying the tape, but the verbal and written statements that he made to the investigator don't mention a tape. He could be referencing the destruction of the door. Jimmy could re-frame the reason for his intrusion as concern for his brother's well being and his "destruction of property" as being unrelated to any tape. Its already known that Chuck has a "condition" and when Jimmy is looking over Mike's photos, he indicated the danger of leaving a lantern sitting on a newspaper.

Further, it was already stated that simply playing the tape (the duplicate that Jimmy didn't destroy) was problematic in assessing Jimmy's guilt. Also, the 'witnesses' in Chuck's house didn't actually see Jimmy destroy anything.

In short: Chuck is trying to prove that Jimmy destroyed the tape, but Jimmy only admitted to destroying Chuck's door, which is a dubious justification for disbarment.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
if kim were to be killed, i dont think Saul of BB would have been the same type of character. he'd be guilt ridden and barely able to function. hes crazy for kim.

granted, i understand at the time there was no thought of doing a BCS...but id be shocked if Vince G. didnt take that into consideration while framing the future

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 5:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
W_Z wrote:

There's a good story reason why they accommodate him. He's a partner so they have to buy him out if he leaves so they need to act as if he's going to return even though they know he won't.

It's the exact same reason in Mad Men that they couldn't fire Don in season 7, even when they wanted to.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 4:05 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
MajorKong wrote:
The door (the one Mike fixed) is the key to understanding the episode though. Jimmy destroyed the door in the process of destroying the tape, but the verbal and written statements that he made to the investigator don't mention a tape. He could be referencing the destruction of the door. Jimmy could re-frame the reason for his intrusion as concern for his brother's well being and his "destruction of property" as being unrelated to any tape. Its already known that Chuck has a "condition" and when Jimmy is looking over Mike's photos, he indicated the danger of leaving a lantern sitting on a newspaper.

Further, it was already stated that simply playing the tape (the duplicate that Jimmy didn't destroy) was problematic in assessing Jimmy's guilt. Also, the 'witnesses' in Chuck's house didn't actually see Jimmy destroy anything.

In short: Chuck is trying to prove that Jimmy destroyed the tape, but Jimmy only admitted to destroying Chuck's door, which is a dubious justification for disbarment.

I like that angle, but I wonder if the fact that Jimmy added the actual cost of the cassette to the check will hurt him. I'm not sure how the photos Mike took will come into play.

As for Hector, I am undecided if Mike will put him in the wheelchair, or Gus.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:24 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Why is Mike mad at Hector? I have no recollection of where that came from.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:46 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
shakes wrote:
Why is Mike mad at Hector? I have no recollection of where that came from.

Hector threatened Mike and his family when Mike had the run-in with Tuco. Mike also didn't like that Hector had the good samaritan (who came upon the truck driver Mike had bound) killed. And now we're at the point where Mike may be going to work for Gus, and Gus REALLY doesn't like Hector.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:39 am 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Another good episode... I liked the defense strategy regarding the content of the tape. Then the parlor trick to indicate that things might be as physical as they seem. The backstory with the ex-wife was interesting as well. Also the way they are turning this into a negative for the clients of Hamlin, Hamlin, & McGill is well done.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 1:07 am 

good episode tonight. finally this season the show is kicking butt.

best thing about tonight, TURN IS BACK! Final season. Was a great season last year. Can't wait. There a thread on here about that show?

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 5:49 am 
Site Admin

newper wrote:
Another good episode... I liked the defense strategy regarding the content of the tape. Then the parlor trick to indicate that things might be as physical as they seem. The backstory with the ex-wife was interesting as well. Also the way they are turning this into a negative for the clients of Hamlin, Hamlin, & McGill is well done.

You really have to suspend disbelief. I mean, Chuck has already been committed to Jimmy's guardianship. There is no diagnosis that he is anything other than crazy, but the Bar Association and the courts of New Mexico are accommodating this loon by collecting phones and turning off lights? It's too stupid.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 6:11 am 
Site Admin

Also, I'm sure at some point we're going to see a flashback that shows that Jimmy wasn't "robbing his parents blind." The old man was probably taking the money from the till and sending it out to Sportsman's and Hawthorne.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:00 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Also, I'm sure at some point we're going to see a flashback that shows that Jimmy wasn't "robbing his parents blind." The old man was probably taking the money from the till and sending it out to Sportsman's and Hawthorne.

There already was such a flashback.
Jimmy is young and working in dad's store.
A man comes in with a story and asks for money.
Dad gives him money and goes to search for spark plugs.
The man spends the money on smokes instead 9f whatever he claimed he needed the money for.
Man says something to Jimmy to the effect of there's sheep and wolves.
Jimmy then steals from the till.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1420 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 48  Next