It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1061 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 36  Next
 Post subject: Re: SNL
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:34 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Does U2 get three songs as they have in the past instead of the usual two that other bands get?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:39 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
The only thing worse than the content of the show is U2.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:57 pm 

Kenan did pretty well for himself in the wife department:

Aidy Bryant's fiance looks like I'd expect him to look:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Talk about slamming the ham

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:25 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Tad Queasy wrote:
Kenan did pretty well for himself in the wife department:

I looked her up once and rumor is she is a former call girl.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:53 pm 

Franky T wrote:
I looked her up once and rumor is she is a former call girl.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:15 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Which Knowles sister is this? Holy fuckballs is this just awful. There is literally the worst "song" I have ever heard.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:19 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
It wasn't particularly funny, but during Weekend Update they showed a pre-recorded bit with Michael Che going undercover as a liberal white woman. That’s the first sign I’ve seen that the general population is catching on to their hypocrisy and BS. Given the nearly 600 pages of the JDC thread, this board was on the cutting edge of call them out.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:52 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I thought it was a pretty good episode. I liked the office harassment bit but I read an article about how it was too-"women misunderstand casual compliments" and minimized their harassment claims. Basically, too pro-men.

I thought it was a great sketch.

The Spelling Bee was good to but they've done stuff exactly like that in the past. Still pretty funny.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:34 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
You know, the "be attractive, don't be unattractive" guide to sexual harassment was Saturday Night Live. How far we've come.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:23 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
Which Knowles sister is this? Holy fuckballs is this just awful. There is literally the worst "song" I have ever heard.

She is on a track with Maroon 5. From what I gather on youtube, she isn't great live. I didn't find her songs entertaining in the least.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:27 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I thought it was a pretty good episode. I liked the office harassment bit but I read an article about how it was too-"women misunderstand casual compliments" and minimized their harassment claims. Basically, too pro-men.

The Spelling Bee was good to but they've done stuff exactly like that in the past. Still pretty funny.

The spelling bee was the only thing that made me laugh.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:30 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
sjboyd0137 wrote:

You didn't like Keenan talking about opening all the windows and giving him 28 minutes? I thought that was pretty funny in its specificity.

I think Keenan is currently my favorite cast member with Kate McKinnon. If one of them is in a sketch I'm probably going to laugh at something they do even if the rest of the sketch is shit.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:43 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:

You didn't like Keenan talking about opening all the windows and giving him 28 minutes? I thought that was pretty funny in its specificity.

I think Keenan is currently my favorite cast member with Kate McKinnon. If one of them is in a sketch I'm probably going to laugh at something they do even if the rest of the sketch is shit.

That wasn't bad, but, eh...

I can't stand Kate McKinnon. I don't know what it is, but there is just something about her that bugs the shit out of me.

I slept through the musical guest. My wife woke me up to watch Update...because I usually like it...I wish she had let me sleep.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:45 am 

I think I actually enjoyed the replay of a Jack Black episode from 2005 at 9 more than the new episode.

At least that one had Appalachain Emergency Room.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:10 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
I can't stand Kate McKinnon. I don't know what it is, but there is just something about her that bugs the shit out of me.

1. She has crazy eyes.

2. She seems to have an air of self-satisfaction that irritates me.

3. Like Kristen Wiig before her, many of her characters are starting to seem similar. Similar voice, similar expressions, similar mannerisms, and she's in too many skits.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:18 am 

Tad Queasy wrote:
3. Like Kristen Wiig before her, many of her characters are starting to seem similar. Similar voice, similar expressions, similar mannerisms, and she's in too many skits.

This about sums it up for me.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:20 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
the bleeding gift wrapper sketch was pretty funny.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:23 am 

doug - evergreen park wrote:

The best part of that was Leslie Jones ( :shock: ). I think she legitimately wanted to puke...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:04 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:

The best part of that was Leslie Jones ( :shock: ). I think she legitimately wanted to puke...

She was

http://www.avclub.com/leslie-jones-was- ... 1467808594

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:08 am 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
Cashman wrote:
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:

She is on a track with Maroon 5. From what I gather on youtube, she isn't great live. I didn't find her songs entertaining in the least.

You guys are insane.
I thought both her (SZA) songs were great, and she was on Fallon last night but I think she played one of the same songs that she did on SNL. She's hot as hell, and she's definitely got a fantastic voice. I don't give a shit about Beyonce, and I don't know if I've ever heard any actual music by Solange, so I guess, IMO, she'd be "Most Talented" Knowles.
I liked the Scrudge short, as I generally like everything Mooney and Bennett do.
I thought the Za vs. Suh sketch was pretty amusing, although I wished it would've just been 4 minutes of making Pete Davidson repeat the word 'Za in different contexts instead of Franco yelling the whole time.
And put me on the list of "Less Kate McKinnon, please".

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:36 pm 

pizza_Place: My own
These Trumpets openings stopped being funny a year ago. Baldwin’s Trump isn’t even good.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:45 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
sjboyd0137 wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:

She was

http://www.avclub.com/leslie-jones-was- ... 1467808594

That was her best acting ever.... Now we know why

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:00 am 
1000 CLUB

storkinastorm wrote:
These Trumpets openings stopped being funny a year ago. Baldwin’s Trump isn’t even good.

I agree. The actual Trump moments are more funny then the SNL sketches.

I thought they were gonna dump Baldwin this year and get one of their guys to do it. But they didn't. Now they have to rely on his schedule to do Trump stuff. Which is mostly just the opening. It limits them.

So if Trump is in office for 4 years, they're gonna have Baldwin do it all of that time? A non cast member doing it for 5 years?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:40 pm 

Did anyone catch last weeks episode with Sam Rockwell? He said "fucking" in one skit.

Overall it was moderately chuckle-worthy episode. Aidy Bryant made a silly speech on weekend update about Mark Walhberg. I guess not only should he have been a "decent person" in the first place and not accepted the payment his agent negotiated for him in exchange for reshooting scenes from the movie, it also shouldn't have taken a week's worth of public shaming for him to donate that money.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Tad Queasy wrote:
Did anyone catch last weeks episode with Sam Rockwell? He said "fucking" in one skit.

Overall it was moderately chuckle-worthy episode. Aidy Bryant made a silly speech on weekend update about Mark Walhberg. I guess not only should he have been a "decent person" in the first place and not accepted the payment his agent negotiated for him in exchange for reshooting scenes from the movie, it also shouldn't have taken a week's worth of public shaming for him to donate that money.

Yes, I watched it and it was one of those moments where he instantly realized he shouldn't have said it, but the whole sketch was set for his character to be pissed off, so I don't blame him. Overall, the episode was a middle of the road one for me.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:07 pm 

newper wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

Yes, I watched it and it was one of those moments where he instantly realized he shouldn't have said it, but the whole sketch was set for his character to be pissed off, so I don't blame him. Overall, the episode was a middle of the road one for me.

Yeah, pretty average episode.

I think there is potential for tonight's episode, though. Lots to poke at.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:03 am 

Oof, that "What Does it Even Matter Anymore?" skit was brutal.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:25 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Tad Queasy wrote:

Brutal is the most positive word one could assign to it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:19 am 

Don Tiny wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

Brutal is the most positive word one could assign to it.

There was barely even an attempt at comedy in the opening monologue, it was just "Yay for the women's march!"

Since Kate McKinnon and Cecily Strong were involved in the monologue and the "What Does it Even Matter Anymore" skit I assume they are heavily involved in the direction of the show. I've watched the show since the late 70s/early80s and during that time it has certainly gone through rough patches where the majority of the show wasn't funny. However, since the show is supposed to be satire as opposed to a vehicle for beating people over the head with cast members' personal political views week in and week out, I am closer than I have ever been to tuning out altogether.

The show has become the H.S. theatre kids skit where the parents in the audience resent the fact that the kids on stage think they're teaching them something.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1061 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 36  Next