It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1062 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 36  Next
 Post subject: Re: SNL
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:56 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I love Bill Hader. That was a great episode. Even Update was hilarious.

He's awesome. Should be menioned more with the all-time greats. There's not a character he can't do.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:22 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
leashyourkids wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I love Bill Hader. That was a great episode. Even Update was hilarious.

He's awesome. Should be menioned more with the all-time greats. There's not a character he can't do.

He's got a new show starting on HBO next weekend.

The Stefon bit always cracks me up. Pete Davidson talking about Kevin Love was hilarious also.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:37 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous, Lord Stanley's, DeKalb Rock City
If you're on the left and want good political humor, you should really listen to Cum Town and Chapo if you don't already. A five minute tangent on either of those is funnier than the sum of the funniest parts of an entire season of SNL.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
How much of the start of the second Arcade Fire song did they miss by coming back too late?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
I knew they would do Stefon, but I was very happy to get the Alan Alda impression in there which is one of my all time favorite impressions by anyone. He's got it dialed in and the mannerisms and everything. The show was great. The wheelchair sex bit was probably funnier than it deserved to be, but they don't do that crazy over the top stuff anymore and he can pull it off and make it land. I was glad Armisen came back for The Californians (even though that isn't my favorite) but it is good to see there's a friendship there that seems to be genuine. Goodman was great as he always is (is there anyone greater? I don't remember him ever missing to deliver except Blues Brothers 2000 -- and I may just be remembering that as worse than it was.)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:08 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
McCareins_Fan wrote:
If you're on the left and want good political humor, you should really listen to Cum Town and Chapo if you don't already. A five minute tangent on either of those is funnier than the sum of the funniest parts of an entire season of SNL.

If you're on the left you should kill yourself

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:23 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Hockey Gay wrote:
McCareins_Fan wrote:

If you're on the left you should kill yourself

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:19 am 

pizza_Place: John's
The Jurassic Park casting from the 90s.holy shit I.. almost pissed myself that was great. Hader's Pacino impersonation was brilliant.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:09 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Watched the Hader episode with my wife last night and it was pretty solid all around. We thought the wheelchair bit was very good
and Weekend Update was solid. The Jurassic casting call was probably the best.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:59 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
The opening was pretty good.

Nice casting on Mueller and Cohen.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:23 am 

Mulvaney's monologue was funny and I thought the funniest part of the show was Keenan's LaVar Ball impression during Weekend Update.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:05 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Tad Queasy wrote:
Mulvaney's monologue was funny and I thought the funniest part of the show was Keenan's LaVar Ball impression during Weekend Update.

didnt see it, but every keenan impression is the same... so when the real life person being immatated is essentially a keenan thompson impression, i can see how you'd be impressed

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:54 am 

billypootons wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

didnt see it, but every keenan impression is the same... so when the real life person being immatated is essentially a keenan thompson impression, i can see how you'd be impressed

I think he's been one of the most consistently funny castmembers for several years now.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:05 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Tad Queasy wrote:
billypootons wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

I think he's been one of the most consistently funny castmembers for several years now.

Agree, but it's a really low bar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:35 am 

Tad Queasy wrote:

Ignatius guy. We are all funny and not in a funny way.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:06 am 

http://www.vulture.com/2018/04/alec-bal ... eider.html

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:45 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live ... ist/n10465

rob schneiders greatest sketch

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:47 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
http://www.vulture.com/2018/04/alec-baldwins-donald-trump-is-ruining-snl-says-schneider.html

We only watched the Hader episode because of all the Trump stuff. The non political skits are worse because of it and Weekend Update is terrible too.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:48 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
http://www.vulture.com/2018/04/alec-baldwins-donald-trump-is-ruining-snl-says-schneider.html

We only watched the Hader episode because of all the Trump stuff. The non political skits are worse because of it and Weekend Update is terrible too.

I think their bias on things is tiresome, but I also don't get the Alec Baldwin as Trump thing. Compared to some of the really good impersonaters, he is terrible. You could just Youtube a Trump impersonator and get a better one than Baldwin.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:51 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

I think their bias on things is tiresome, but I also don't get the Alec Baldwin as Trump thing. Compared to some of the really good impersonaters, he is terrible. You could just Youtube a Trump impersonator and get a better one than Baldwin.

I'm a big fan of him but the critiques are all accurate. The best impressions are at least partially about laughing with the target. That's why we get excited when the target comes out and confronts them on there.

Last edited by Brick on Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:52 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

I'm a big fan of him but the critiques are all accurate. The best impressions are at least partially about laughing eith the target. That's why we get excited when the target comes out and confronts them on there.

Yup. When it's 100% hatred, it doesn't come off as funny. Even when Tina Fey did Palin, there was some likeability to the character. And Palin joined SNL for an episode, and it was funny.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 10:56 pm 

They had to get Kyle Mooney's mom on the show to find someone less funny than he is.

Amy Schumer's stand up open was very bland and unoriginal. She's like the female Connor McKnight.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 10:33 am 

The episode with Donald Glover was pretty good. I didn't know he was Childish Gambino. I guess it's similar to the Garth Brooks/Chris Gaines thing.

This past weekend's episode was Tina Fey was not so good. I FF through the opening skits these days as I have no need to see Alec Baldwin and Kate McKinnon do the same unfunny things each time. Fey's monolgue was odd. It was overstuffed with questions from the audience in the form of celebrity cameos which I thought they only did for people they don't think can pull off a monologue by themselves.

Are they trying to make people forget that Robert DeNiro was once considered a great actor? That seems to be the purpose of his appearances. He's not good at that sort of thing.

At this point, why don't they just have Leslie Jones hold her cue cards? That would be only slightly less silly than watching her lean in the direction of the person holding them and watching her eyes move back and forth as she reads her lines.

That was a nice heapin' helping of cultural appropriation by Nicki Minaj.

Keenan's principal buying time during delays in a school talent show by oversharing about having sex with a student's mom was probably the best part of the show.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 10:34 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Tad Queasy wrote:
The episode with Donald Glover was pretty good. I didn't know he was Childish Gambino. I guess it's similar to the Garth Brooks/Chris Gaines thing.

In that you'd have to be living under a rock in both cases?

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:01 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:

This past weekend's episode was Tina Fey was not so good. I FF through the opening skits these days as I have no need to see Alec Baldwin and Kate McKinnon do the same unfunny things each time. Fey's monolgue was odd. It was overstuffed with questions from the audience in the form of celebrity cameos which I thought they only did for people they don't think can pull off a monologue by themselves.

Are they trying to make people forget that Robert DeNiro was once considered a great actor? That seems to be the purpose of his appearances. He's not good at that sort of thing.

At this point, why don't they just have Leslie Jones hold her cue cards? That would be only slightly less silly than watching her lean in the direction of the person holding them and watching her eyes move back and forth as she reads her lines.

That was a nice heapin' helping of cultural appropriation by Nicki Minaj.

Keenan's principal buying time during delays in a school talent show by oversharing about having sex with a student's mom was probably the best part of the show.

Talking about overstuffed, Fey was showing so much cleavage that her bra was hanging out.

Nicki Manaj embarrassed herself with her lipsynching and lack of enthusiasm in her choreography. I know some people are deluded to it but she is fat and completely unaware of the fact.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:30 am 

Interesting take by Norm Macdonald:

https://youtu.be/ZdW0NZl0Ozg

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 12:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
leashyourkids wrote:

What a crazy person.....

:D

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 3:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
leashyourkids wrote:

That's two former SNL cast members saying that Baldwin's Trump isn't actually funny, because Baldwin's hatred for Trump just oozes out of every facet of the performance.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 7:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
I started a long ass post a couple hours ago about the state of SNL and when I hit submit, I was no longer signed in, so fuck it, maybe later.
But I didn't want to not mention this:
The girl sitting next to Seinfeld in the monologue had me feeling things...
Watch it and tell me I'm wrong. :lol:
http://www.indiewire.com/2018/05/tina-f ... 201966637/

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
People Magazine wrote:
Whirlwind romance!

Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson are engaged after several weeks of dating, PEOPLE confirms.

“It’s a recent engagement. They’re just two people who found love quickly and make each other happy all the time. They both started talking about it this past weekend. It’s nothing they’ve been hiding,” says a source close to the couple.

Reps for the stars, both 24, did not immediately respond to PEOPLE’s requests for comment.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1062 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 36  Next