It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:00 am 

Started off very strong. I would have been happy if they started off the entire series like that.

There was nothing wrong with the episode. It drew me in and lead me to want to watch last week. I guess it is just always going to pale in comparison. I'm not drawn to any of the characters but the boat captain. Balding Depp wannabe was better.

I'm looking forward to the pirate battle.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:01 am 

Watched 15 mins and turned it off.

Ill probably watch it eventually but nothing great.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:11 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Remember how everyone hated the son last last season?

This year's most hated will be the daughter.

The show is just a literal watered down version of The Walking Dead.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:19 am 

The writing was better but still weak. The group seemed awfully comfy much too quickly after such a traumatic experience. The daughter was already spending full days on social media

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:59 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
This show straight-up suuuuuucccckkkks.

And yet, I still watched it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
not great, but not bad either.

Seems a little quick that they would already be dealing with human predators just a couple weeks into the ZA.

Also seemed out of character that the mom would want to help the people on the boat whereas the dad was opposed to it. Last season that would've been reversed.

Looking forward to seeing where this goes and how the characters develop.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:58 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Season 2 of The Walking Dead had the farm. Season 2 of Fear has a fucking boat. Someone get Negan a jet ski and have him Lucille the lot of these boring fucks. Except Kim Dickens, she can stay.

Also how did no one notice a shipwreck literally feet away from where they anchored?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
I don't care all that much about the characters yet. And like Stairs said...how didn't anyone notice that wreck?

Also, Rick>Travis as leader of the group. Although I sort of wonder if the dude with the boat will become the leader after all is said and done.

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I thought it was boring but I'll stick with it for a while. I don't care about any of these characters yet.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:34 am 

When the action sequences aren't all that interesting, you cannot really afford to have a "Herschel's Farm" resting episode.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:24 am 

I've enjoyed it so far and I think things will really pick up next week when they merge this show with the Walking Dead on a Plane short.

My only trepidation is how are they going to tell the story of the plane crash. If they do it right I would expect at least a 15-20 minute detour from the main story so the plane crash story can be told. From the previews its looks like the Asian lady and the teenager kid are in a life boat and he looks all bloody. A later scene shows everyone on a beach with the plane wreckage and the Asian lady fighting zombies alongside some of our main characters from the boat. No sign of the teenage kid in that later scene so I'm guessing he dies from his plane crash injuries at some point prior to that.

BTW, good to see a guest appearance from an actor from "Rectify", the teen aged son who taught Chris how to kill zombies through the fence.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:00 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
I didn't hate it. It wasn't very good but an improvement.

The show would probably be better if it followed the crazy survivalist family. Well, maybe not now.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:49 am 

I liked the episode. The survivalists were interesting. Since 4-5 of the main cast is uninteresting they are going to be heavily reliant on the guest stars.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:40 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Since 4-5 of the main cast is uninteresting they are going to be heavily reliant on the guest stars.

That's the truth of it.

Is there anybody on the cast that is even remotely interesting? I'd say no. The black guy who may or may not own the ship is pretty good.

I don't think I've ever watched 8 episodes of a show and still couldn't tell you the name of a single character before. The hot MILF is Madison but I only know that because I've watched her in other stuff and half-assed paid attention to her here. And, even now, I'm not 100% that I'm right on her name.

I really feel like I'm brainwashed or something trying to understand why I watch this show.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
This show straight-up suuuuuucccckkkks.

And yet, I still watched it.

It's because of Kim Dickens. She's jiggly-hot. I really love her.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 9:50 am 

Favorite episode of the season. Love the backstory stuff. I don't care for the boat storyline. They need to get back on land in Mexico. What a stupid waste of time all that airplane storyline was. Strand cuts the line and they go away after all that? I guess with only 3 episodes left there has to be urgency to get this to the next stage. It will survive because it's Walking Dead and before this episode I hoped it would die. Interested to see how the next few weeks go. I could easily turn my back on it but just as easily be drawn in with a few more good ones.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 9:55 am 

If this show didn't get to leech off of the popularity of The Walking Dead it would already have been cancelled.

I hope this is the last season of it and they try again with something better that doesn't come off like they are just filming the storylines that they determined weren't good enough for the normal show.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 9:57 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
If this show didn't get to leech off of the popularity of The Walking Dead it would already have been cancelled.

I hope this is the last season of it and they try again with something better that doesn't come off like they are just filming the storylines that they determined weren't good enough for the normal show.

I agree with this. Make it better or kill it off. They need to get off the boat.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 10:33 am 

Liked the episode, but very disappointed to hear there are only 3 episodes left. I thought this was going to be a full season? Its only 7 episodes long. First season was only 6 episodes. They either need to go all in with this show and do a full season or cut bait (pun!).

Also, I have issues with the show in that it seems like not enough time has passed in the ZA for people to be as cut throat as they are. Didn't the whole thing start within a couple weeks ago? The boat invaders seemed way too far gone this early in the ZA. Alicia even talked to them about how many times they have already done this to a boat so its not like they just started with the Abigail.

As for the plane storyline, I wouldn't give up on the Asian yet. She'll be back. I would think so would Tobias as well, but with a 7 episode season what's the point? Probably be season 8 before Tobias pops up again.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 11:27 am 

ok so apparently its a 15 episode season and there will be a mid season break. Poor choice of words by AMC last night, should've mentioned the mid season finale as opposed to saying there are only 3 episodes left in the season.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 11:34 am 

Only 1.75 seasons to make Nick semi likeable and interesting.

Was Strand playing gay or was he gay before he met the guy?

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:38 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

Nick is definitely the most interesting since he got ballsy with the zombies. Never would have guessed it after season one that he'd be an interesting character.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 2:25 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

I'm thinking he is gay. He doesn't seem to have any positive relationships with women at all. Plus, he's an outsider...he's different.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 2:28 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Nick is definitely the most interesting since he got ballsy with the zombies. Never would have guessed it after season one that he'd be an interesting character.

Yeah, he's interesting. He was before, but only in comparison to every dull, disaffected, and eye-rolling Millennial on the show. After the last few episodes, he seems to have found a society in which his skills are considered useful and rewarding. (Now if I can just find such a place.)

Of course, I'm waiting for him to hop on the horse again.

Finally, can this show please move on from the "let's play dress-up" motif?

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 1:28 pm 

I don't understand why I keep watching this show. There are other, better, shows that I've fallen way behind on.

This was the first episode that I've found somewhat compelling. I just still don't like anybody and that other brother kid looks enough like Nick that I thought Nick was still on the boat in some scenes and I couldn't figure out what the hell was going on.

They need to get off that boat. It's like a superhighway out there with all the people they run into. Now we know where everybody in Atlanta went, they're floating around the Pacific Ocean.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 8:32 am 

Probably the best episode of the year. Of course, it is about as unoriginal of a situation as one could conjure but we all like The Walking Dead so it is ok.

I could see the writer's pitching this

producer: didn't we already do this with Herschel's barn several years ago

writer's: yes but this time it is in Mexico!

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 10:55 am 

I'm so confused about how I feel about this show. I don't know if I like it or hate it. Don't know if it's good or it sucks. Can't tell if my bias towards loving TWD and zombie fiction has clouded my judgement.

I am starting to realize just how challenging it must be to write this show. So many possible plot lines that have already been explored in TWD. Must be tough to come up with something original and interesting. Seems weak that they get to Mexico and the only thing there is the Mexican version of Herschel's farm complete with a cellar full of zombies.

I also feel like the writers know where they want these characters to end up emotionally and they are rushing to get there instead of slowly building the characters.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 7:55 am 

I'm not sure any of these people actually deserve to live, besides Daniel and Strand.

I'm happy to end the season once again hating Nick. All of the "teenager" characters need to die

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 11:18 am 

I'm still watching, but I'm starting to realize that this show is pretty bad. Don't understand several characters' motivations. Don't like the way zombies have already been put on the back burner in favor of human vs human conflict.

Don't like the location. Where are these people going to go? They're in a foreign country and most of them don't speak the language.

The so-called villain lady was annoying.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 1:10 pm 

75% of the show is subtitled. That's way too much work for something I only want to background watch.

I still watched the whole thing. I don't know why. It sucks.