It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 2:56 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
75% of the show is subtitled. That's way too much work for something I only want to background watch.

I still watched the whole thing. I don't know why. It sucks.

This exactly.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 3:03 pm 

Strand and Daniel are the only two good characters on this show, and maybe sometimes Madison. Everyone else could have literally died in that compound fire and I wouldn't have cared whatsoever.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
This started back up again. I started watching it on my lunch break and will probably finish the first episode back before deciding whether I want to invest
any more time in it. I am leaning heavily on pulling the plug and moving on. They are really going to have to have some compelling story lines developing
after they go their separate ways to keep me invested.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:42 am 

Well I watched the return episode and it continues to be a maddening experience. They happened to focus on the most interesting character the entire
episode which made it more watchable than usual but yet still nothing happened worth mentioning. There were a few back flashes which help the
audience understand the Nick character when he was in rehab and using drugs but it isn't really anything that we see and say, " oh wow, now I am
really invested in this guy". I am finding most of the other characters and their acting cringe-worthy. Not sure why I continue to hate-watch this
series. I need to give it up

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:15 pm 

Sue Ellen Mischke is a Caller Bob.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:40 am 

Douchebag wrote:
Sue Ellen Mischke is a Caller Bob.

I laughed when I saw she was on the show. Didn't look too bad for an older lady though! ha ha

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:27 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I've only seen 2 episodes, way too many subtitles..either speak English or put it on telemundo. I can't wait for this dumb blonde bitch to die, so fucking annoying.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:37 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
312player wrote:
I can't wait for this dumb blonde bitch to die, so fucking annoying.

I think you meant to post this in the Hillary's Health thread.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:54 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:37 am 

I stuck out the back half of season 2 and it was alright I guess. I was fine with the main character that was killed off going away.
The last scene was a little surprising. I am guessing the group that came out of nowhere was an offshoot of the people that
spend their free time patrolling the Mexico border looking for people crossing. Definitely didn't seem much like actual military.
I didn't really like the dad character much at all but once he lost his shit and retaliated on those guys I found him much more
likable.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:05 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
T-Bone wrote:
I stuck out the back half of season 2 and it was alright I guess. I was fine with the main character that was killed off going away.
The last scene was a little surprising. I am guessing the group that came out of nowhere was an offshoot of the people that
spend their free time patrolling the Mexico border looking for people crossing. Definitely didn't seem much like actual military.
I didn't really like the dad character much at all but once he lost his shit and retaliated on those guys I found him much more
likable.

It was ok. I didn't see the main group leaving the hotel, but maybe it is good they do, since the seasons of TWD at the farm and prison got a little iffy.

I just wish I knew of a way to let Kim Dickens know that I really, really love her. God, is she hot.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:19 am 

formerlyknownas wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
likable.

It was ok. I didn't see the main group leaving the hotel, but maybe it is good they do, since the seasons of TWD at the farm and prison got a little iffy.

I just wish I knew of a way to let Kim Dickens know that I really, really love her. God, is she hot.

I believe you would like her in Treme ( HBO Series ). I can't remember if we get to see her naked in that but I believe we do. All the HBO nudity blends together after a while.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:10 am 

Anyone still watching this? I have no idea why I am subjecting myself to it but I started watching the series after the break again.
Dumb storylines and not very good acting. Honestly don't know why I am bothering with this one.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:14 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Anyone still watching this? I have no idea why I am subjecting myself to it but I started watching the series after the break again.
Dumb storylines and not very good acting. Honestly don't know why I am bothering with this one.

I watched the first half of this season and I thought they made a vast improvement in the characters/storyline. I nearly threw in the towel on this show after 2 very sub par seasons, but this new season might keep me around.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:30 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
T-Bone wrote:

I watched all of season 1 recently and it was very hard to continue. Literally every single character was awful. I can't see myself continuing. I can't believe they fucked up the prequel(which theoretically could easily be more entertaining and interesting) that bad.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:41 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
I'm probably the biggest Walking Dead apologist here and even I can't explain why I'm still watching this shitshow. The 2 hour premiere Sunday was easily the worst 2 hour show I've ever seen. The characters and plot both suck. And there are pretty much no zombies.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:07 am 

This was back last night and I guess the producers listened to everyone cause they made some major changes. As we all know Morgan is in the cast now, but I always thought that the season would take place in between Morgan leaving his goat cheese ninja buddy and finding Rick and Co at Alexandria, but that's not the case. Season takes place immediately after ALL OUT WAR concludes as Morgan is alone at the garbage dump when the show starts. He gets annoyed with everyone visiting him so he leaves and heads towards Texas.

So this show has a 2 year (600 day) time jump since last season ended on day 68 of the outbreak and All Out War ends on something like day 650 or something in that area. The whole show focuses on Morgan and another couple new interesting characters including the actor who is always a bad guy in every show he does, but now appears to be a good guy....forgot his name, good actor.

I won't spoil the rest of the episode, but I found it to be a nice relief compared to last season's shit show.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:30 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Haven't watched anything since season 1 but jumped back in last night.

So the 2 shows are in the same timeline now.

Garret Dillahunt is always a solid character guy and I liked his character last night. Not so sure about the daughter from Taken as a roving journalist with a SWAT van and automatic firing machine guns but what the hell.

I did think for a minute Morgan was going to get a helicopter ride to get to wherever the people are on this show but it wasn't to be.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:04 am 

I thought it was ok overall. I was going to give up on FTWD after the first season but kind of glad I stuck with it. Maybe the new cast will be
good and I also see that Jenna Elfman will be introduced eventually. For whatever reason I have always found her pretty attractive, although
I am pretty sure she will be looking pretty dirty and grimy in this show.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:23 am 

Wow, major death last night, they are not fucking around. Totally took me by surprise, but then I saw on Talking Dead that this person asked to be written off the show.

Not sure where the show goes without this character. It's basically a totally different show now. Not complaining, so far it's been very interesting.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:26 am 

shakes wrote:
Wow, major death last night, they are not fucking around. Totally took me by surprise, but then I saw on Talking Dead that this person asked to be written off the show.

Not sure where the show goes without this character. It's basically a totally different show now. Not complaining, so far it's been very interesting.

I'm digging the new cast additions and the direction the show is heading. Hopefully they don't fuck this thing up.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:33 am 

Douchebag wrote:
shakes wrote:

I'm digging the new cast additions and the direction the show is heading. Hopefully they don't fuck this thing up.

yea it's been really interesting so far. I know it's been good because the last two weeks I've looked forward to and watched first this show as opposed to Westworld which is something I never would've believed would've ever happened if you asked me before the season started.

I wonder how long we'll see flashbacks to before things went down with the Vultures before the show sticks to one timeline? Will that go on all season or wrap up soon? Very interested to see how that all goes down cause so far the Vultures seem pretty harmless, but after watching the rage in the one character's eyes when he went after the one Vulture leads me to believe it's some fucked up shit.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:56 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Douchebag wrote:
shakes wrote:

Wait--so it's worth watching? I was planning on not bothering....perhaps I will watch now. Kim Dickens is just so hot.

Needs more Strand.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:38 am 

tommy wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
shakes wrote:

Wait--so it's worth watching? I was planning on not bothering....perhaps I will watch now. Kim Dickens is just so hot.

Needs more Strand.

I actually enjoyed last season, but I'm probably in the minority on that thought. The first 2 seasons were just bad though. They completely dropped the ball on writing a storyline on the fall of civilization during the outbreak, which could have been sustained with an arc lasting multiple seasons IMO. They wasted a shitload of time down in Mexico too.

Strand is great and has been the only decent character through the show's entire run. I could listen to that guy read the phone book.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:12 am 

Douchebag wrote:
tommy wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
shakes wrote:

Needs more Strand.

I actually enjoyed last season, but I'm probably in the minority on that thought. The first 2 seasons were just bad though. They completely dropped the ball on writing a storyline on the fall of civilization during the outbreak, which could have been sustained with an arc lasting multiple seasons IMO. They wasted a shitload of time down in Mexico too.

Strand is great and has been the only decent character through the show's entire run. I could listen to that guy read the phone book.

Based on the awful first season I think they should've just gone all in and made the entire show a comedy where they focus on how long they can keep Alicia in the dark about the zombie outbreak.

You are right though, not focusing on the initial days of the zombie outbreak and the downfall of society was by far the greatest crime ever committed by this show. When they announced this show, I thought that was the whole point...since we didn't get that in TWD with Rick waking up weeks after the outbreak and fall.

And Mexico was a shit show.

But, I will give them credit for seemingly recognizing that and hitting the re-set button this year. Basically like a do over.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 6:26 am 

It has been pretty good. Wonder why that character was asking off the show. Overall I am fine with them leaving because I didn't
think they could act their way out of a wet paper bag anyway.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 8:35 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
pretty brutal how they just blew the one main character away after the car accident.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 8:36 am 

If they kill off the main characters from the first season I may be willing to watch this again.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 8:56 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
seems only the better of them are still around

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 8:57 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Douchebag wrote:
shakes wrote:

Scott Gimple is being given control of it so it's bound to get fucked up.