It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: The Mike Ditka Show
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Jbi11s wrote:
Dilfer is meh.

Well, they don't really ask Dilfer to do too much... he's more in a commentator management type of role -- not to go out and make flashy predictions or outlandish remarks, just controlled, smooth commentary and let other stars of the team shine.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
I heard some of the show yesterday on the way home. I think Ditka was drunk.

They were interviewing Schwarber, and as Silvy was fumbling all over himself trying to ask a question Ditka yelled "Kyle!" and said something like "What position did you play in football? I'll bet it was ass kicker."

Then when the interview was just about over he yelled again to get Schwarber's attention and said something like "If you played you'd be the same as Butkus!"

I might have gotten the dialogue wrong, but that was the jist of it.

It was weird.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:28 am 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Da Coach will now be on WGN Radio Monday mornings with Steve Cochran and also Friday afternoons with Roe Conn.

Will be interesting to see/hear what he is hawking during the guest spots.

His first appearance was last Friday with Roe Conn & Anna Davlantes.

Didn't hear it but I bet he was cranky and had a red face.

From Feder...

WGN AM 720 last month fell short in recapturing the Chicago Bears broadcast rights, but the Tribune Broadcasting news/talk station may have won the next best thing: Mike Ditka. Via agent Steve Mandell, the former Bears coach just signed as an exclusive contributor to WGN through the Super Bowl. (Ditka’s previous radio deal was with ESPN Radio WMVP AM 1000.) Starting today, he’ll appear Fridays on Roe Conn’s afternoon show and Mondays on Steve Cochran’s morning show. “We take great pride in having the best Bears conversations on the radio and Coach Ditka will underscore that,” said Todd Manley, vice president of content and programming at WGN. “With Payton, Hampton, OB, and Koz already on our team, this is a dream come true."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:37 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Godfella wrote:
Da Coach will now be on WGN Radio Monday mornings with Steve Cochran and also Friday afternoons with Roe Conn.

Will be interesting to see/hear what he is hawking during the guest spots.

His first appearance was last Friday with Roe Conn & Anna Davlantes.

Didn't hear it but I bet he was cranky and had a red face.

From Feder...

WGN AM 720 last month fell short in recapturing the Chicago Bears broadcast rights, but the Tribune Broadcasting news/talk station may have won the next best thing: Mike Ditka. Via agent Steve Mandell, the former Bears coach just signed as an exclusive contributor to WGN through the Super Bowl. (Ditka’s previous radio deal was with ESPN Radio WMVP AM 1000.) Starting today, he’ll appear Fridays on Roe Conn’s afternoon show and Mondays on Steve Cochran’s morning show. “We take great pride in having the best Bears conversations on the radio and Coach Ditka will underscore that,” said Todd Manley, vice president of content and programming at WGN. “With Payton, Hampton, OB, and Koz already on our team, this is a dream come true."

It's a dream come true for their competitors.