It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2/20: Waddle Turns 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
They're making quite a to-do about Waddle's 50th birthday. During the day I heard a few clips of some of his goofs ("hot dog smothered in underwear") and earlier in the show they played voicemails from his four daughters wishing him a happy birthday, telling him how much they love him, etc. I haven't heard the whole show but it has sort of a "This Is Your Life, Tom Waddle." feel to it.

The "hot dog smothered in underwear" clip still kinda cracks me up when I hear it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Four voicemails from his daughters. Guessing that's a record for calls to his show in one day.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Waddle is spending a lot of time at the mothership. I won't be surprised if he gets moved to a role over there by the end of the year.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:22 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Probably a vanilla birthday cake.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
What do you think the odds are of Silvy making the half-court shot... moving back 5 feet makes it quite a bit more difficult.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Someone should ask him how he feels about turning 50. Probably won't commit to answer though.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Peoria Matt wrote:
Probably a vanilla birthday cake.

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
I definitely got the impression he was not about all the hubbub about his 50th, but the guys wanted to do something special for him. From the sounds of it, everyone at the station was at the Waddle place for the Super Bowl party (70 guests?), and I have heard other instances of his generosity with the guys. This would be their best effort to pay him back, and they certainly hit the high points of his life. I hope he is kidding with the many jokes about "back nine of life", etc, but with the history of concussions he has and the recent issues of fellow players of his era, well, none of us are promised tomorrow.

I wonder about these two and their shot at the national show. I have only heard the rumors about Greenie leaving on here, and Golic is a few years older even. I know Silvy says they sucked it hard in their first chance to do the national show, I don't remember hearing it. I imagine there is a chance for Golic Jr. to move up, Silvy is the more obvious choice as driver of the show, but Waddle seems to have the bigger exposure there.

I know some of the other guys here don't like S&W, but I relate to them better than the afternoon assclowns down the dial.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

K Effective wrote:
I definitely got the impression he was not about all the hubbub about his 50th, but the guys wanted to do something special for him. From the sounds of it, everyone at the station was at the Waddle place for the Super Bowl party (70 guests?), and I have heard other instances of his generosity with the guys. This would be their best effort to pay him back, and they certainly hit the high points of his life. I hope he is kidding with the many jokes about "back nine of life", etc, but with the history of concussions he has and the recent issues of fellow players of his era, well, none of us are promised tomorrow.

I wonder about these two and their shot at the national show. I have only heard the rumors about Greenie leaving on here, and Golic is a few years older even. I know Silvy says they sucked it hard in their first chance to do the national show, I don't remember hearing it. I imagine there is a chance for Golic Jr. to move up, Silvy is the more obvious choice as driver of the show, but Waddle seems to have the bigger exposure there.

I know some of the other guys here don't like S&W, but I relate to them better than the afternoon assclowns down the dial.

Well, even if you don't have concussions, 50 is the "back nine of life". Few make it to 100.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
newper wrote:
What do you think the odds are of Silvy making the half-court shot... moving back 5 feet makes it quite a bit more difficult.

I think he hits it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:49 pm 

IMU wrote:
newper wrote:

I think he hits it.

He said he hit 5 of 30 in practice based on a high school arena size. High school is 42 feet from endline to center, and the basket is 4 feet closer for a total of 38 feet. NBA is 47 feet, so you are adding 13% length. Assuming his accuracy drops accordingly, he would be hitting 14.5% of the shots... if that were the case, you'd be looking at 79.1% chance of him making at least one shot out of the 10... however, I think you have to account for practice being a little bit easier than when the stress is on... Say he was only a 10% shooter, then it drops to 65.1% chance of making at least one. At 6.7% accuracy, you hit a 50.01% chance of success. Seems relatively do-able.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
I think he is in trouble if he doesn't make it in first 5. I imagine the tension might get to him. What is the loss if he doesn't make one?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:10 pm 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
I think he is in trouble if he doesn't make it in first 5. I imagine the tension might get to him. What is the loss if he doesn't make one?

Waddle gives him $1k if he makes at least one, if not, hair shaved off head.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Are they talking buzzed or a bic and shaving cream? I lost a bet about shaving my head years ago, decided I liked the look but I had to go eat dinner with my girlfriend's dad (Future father in law) and I walk into the room and he just looks and shakes his head and says "Lost a bet eh?"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:24 pm 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Are they talking buzzed or a bic and shaving cream? I lost a bet about shaving my head years ago, decided I liked the look but I had to go eat dinner with my girlfriend's dad (Future father in law) and I walk into the room and he just looks and shakes his head and says "Lost a bet eh?"

Sounds like totally bald. Silvy said he stopped shaving the beard area just in case, because he thinks bald guys look better with some scruff (I think I probably agree with that in general.)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

I miss his clip about asking someone (Joe Montana I think) about avocados, I havent heard them play that anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:09 pm 

Silvy made it from half court.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
IMU wrote:
Silvy made it from half court.

Puts his money where his mouth is unlike that beta-cuck low T pile of shit BernStine.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
I was tempted to drive the 10 minutes to Oakbrook to watch, but meh.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Silvy really needs to drop the "Would you risk attempting ______ (half-court shot, 40-yd. FG, etc.) if you get $20 million if you make it or go to prison for two years if you miss it."

I don't think he realizes he would get absolutely brutalized in prison.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:04 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
Silvy really needs to drop the "Would you risk attempting ______ (half-court shot, 40-yd. FG, etc.) if you get $20 million if you make it or go to prison for two years if you miss it."

I don't think he realizes he would get absolutely brutalized in prison.

Well so far he would be 1/1 and $20M richer so...