It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:57 am 

pizza_Place: No Place
Not a fan of Big Red, generally speaking.

Regardless, Theo can’t be happy that an “ambassador” is saying things about Yu Darvish like:

- “I don’t expect anything from Yu the rest of the year”

- “I’ve talked to some of his teammates and they question his willingness to get back on the field”

- “I haven’t been a fan of Darvish since spring training when he wouldn’t give an autograph to two kids
In wheelchairs because he had to throw two innings”

Maybe he was liquored up but I don’t think so

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:01 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Darvish is a bitch, I agree with Rick..I'd send this puss to Arizona and he can hang out with minor leaguers until he mans up n starts pitching.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:22 am 

312player wrote:
Darvish is a bitch, I agree with Rick..I'd send this puss to Arizona and he can hang out with minor leaguers until he mans up n starts pitching.

I don’t disagree necessarily. My point is, do you think Theo and Jed had this in mind for someone in an ambassador role? I mean, telling a story about how Yu turned down two disabled kids for an autograph is not the kind of pub he needs right now

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:46 am 

So Kap just said that he knows for a fact that the Cubs “front office went back and listened to” this Sutcliffe interview and It’s Kaps understanding that they have no issue with Sutcliffe’s comments.

This situation is getting worse by the week. Crazy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:48 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
There was noise about his injuries before the signing. So why did this signing have to take place when it did and why so eager in the first place?

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:03 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Remember Murph just said a week again that he knows for a fact only 3 ppl in the cubs org were for signing Yu , one being an executive.

Once he was signed the majority who did not want him here did not talk for months to the ppl who signed off on the deal.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:19 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:
Remember Murph just said a week again that he knows for a fact only 3 ppl in the cubs org were for signing Yu , one being an executive.

Once he was signed the majority who did not want him here did not talk for months to the ppl who signed off on the deal.

I feel like Hoyer has been less out in front this season compared to others. Just a feeling. And Theo clearly wanted Yu otherwise he wouldn’t be here, especially considering Theos statement that he wanted to add more “stuff guys” to the rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
pittmike wrote:
There was noise about his injuries before the signing. So why did this signing have to take place when it did and why so eager in the first place?

The injuries are one thing , it’s the fact that he’s mentally weak is what bothers me and the fact that Theo and Jed have had to know that as well and STILL signed him is brutal . How do you look at him and say “ Yeah , I want this guy taking the mound for me in playoff / World Series games , I’m confident he’ll be great when we need it most ?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:35 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
pittmike wrote:

The injuries are one thing , it’s the fact that he’s mentally weak is what bothers me and the fact that Theo and Jed have had to know that as well and STILL signed him is brutal . How do you look at him and say “ Yeah , I want this guy taking the mound for me in playoff / World Series games , I’m confident he’ll be great when we need it most ?

Im guessing being a slave to numbers they figure it's a small sample that will even out and they probably thought they'd get him for a bargain after the world series performance.

None of that excuses it though, looks to be an all time bad signing.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:36 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Didn’t he do well last playoffs other than game 7?

I remember he pitched against us well.