It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 8/1: Waddle Solo
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Silvy is on vacation and Waddle is doing the show solo today. I don't recall him flying solo before.

Transition is not good. Carrmen, Waddle, and random Jewish producer are talking about prostate exams and Waddle isn't sure if it's called a PSI or something else. The three of them mutter and stumble as they try and figure out the name of the test. Someone finally figures out it's called a PSA.

If Waddle doesn't have a partner I don't know who is going to fill in the gaps when he can't find the right name, word, or whatever he needs to finish his thought. That happens fairly often. I assume that responsibility will fall to random Jewish producer.

Post subject: Re: 8/1: Waddle Solo
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:05 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Great Show.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:09 pm 

Trey Wingo on with Waddle.

AM1000 continues to crush The 670 Score with the quality of their guests.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:11 am 

pizza_Place: Barraco's
Many view Waddle as the "ex-player jock who doesn't know anything and whose brain is jell-o" guy on the radio. But when you actually listen to him, he has the best takes of anybody on the Chicago sports radio scene. He's far more intelligent than people (including himself, but that's shtick) give him credit for. I like Waddle and Silvy at times, because well, the alternative is Goff. But Silvy is a total spaz and doesn't know anything outside of the Bulls or Cubs. Even his Bears thoughts aren't terribly great. That said, they know how to run a professional show on 1000, which is something 670 can't seem to accomplish.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:19 am 

Waddle was quite good yesterday interviewing Jed Hoyer.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:35 am 

They should reunite Kap and Waddle, because they're by far the best (only?) two options who can provide coherent, rational thoughts in a professional manner. Put Jesse on with Silvy and they can just get it over with.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:06 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
pittmike wrote:

im surprised cbs radio's massive overpay for cubs radio rights didnt include some type of provision that only allowed cubs management to speak with cbs radio affiliates

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:04 pm 

billypootons wrote:
pittmike wrote:

im surprised cbs radio's massive overpay for cubs radio rights didnt include some type of provision that only allowed cubs management to speak with cbs radio affiliates

They always do both and they also have Rizzo as their weekly guest.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:33 pm 

ChiefWampum wrote:
Many view Waddle as the "ex-player jock who doesn't know anything and whose brain is jell-o" guy on the radio. But when you actually listen to him, he has the best takes of anybody on the Chicago sports radio scene. He's far more intelligent than people (including himself, but that's shtick) give him credit for. I like Waddle and Silvy at times, because well, the alternative is Goff. But Silvy is a total spaz and doesn't know anything outside of the Bulls or Cubs. Even his Bears thoughts aren't terribly great. That said, they know how to run a professional show on 1000, which is something 670 can't seem to accomplish.

I agree. Waddle is very level-headed.

ChiefWampum wrote:
They should reunite Kap and Waddle, because they're by far the best (only?) two options who can provide coherent, rational thoughts in a professional manner. Put Jesse on with Silvy and they can just get it over with.

I don't know if I'd call Kap rational, but reuniting he and Waddle would probably make for a good show. A Jesse and Silvy show would not be good. Although Jesse is practically working the equivalent of a full time show since he's seemingly on every 20 minutes during the course of the day.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Tad Queasy wrote:
ChiefWampum wrote:

ChiefWampum wrote:

I don't know if I'd call Kap rational, but reuniting he and Waddle would probably make for a good show. A Jesse and Silvy show would not be good. Although Jesse is practically working the equivalent of a full time show since he's seemingly on every 20 minutes during the course of the day.

My biggest problem with Waddle is that he doesn't seem to watch the games. I view him as a lazy host.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
denisdman wrote:
My biggest problem with Waddle is that he doesn't seem to watch the games. I view him as a lazy host.

Terry Boers wrote:
That's what my guys says too

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:02 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
ChiefWampum wrote:

ChiefWampum wrote:

I never really noticed that about him. I'll have to pay closer attention.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:28 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
ChiefWampum wrote:

ChiefWampum wrote:

Kap isn't always rational, but I appreciate him knowing how to run a show. And I'm a die hard Sox fan.

Jesse and Silvy was just my taking a shot at creating an all Cubs happy show. I'd never even consider putting it on, because of how awful that would be. And seriously, why do they need to bring Jesse in to update people on things every 20 minutes. It's insanity.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:34 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I hate waddle, always yelling, screaming or annoying the fuck out of the listener, as annoying as Rozner is with McGowan... Waddle is equally bad with his "I'm a few credits shy of... "

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Big Cat hopping on

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:43 pm 

I think they let their producers (Meller, Merkin, whoever) chime in too much.