My Bottle of Dom is in the mail Rosey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 11:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

What about the poker season?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 11:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

Psst... you spelled sarcasm wrong in your heading. I noticed, and I'm drunk! Grammer dick out.

Let's do it for Johnny!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:03 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Dallas Winston wrote:
Psst... you spelled sarcasm wrong in your heading. I noticed, and I'm drunk! Grammer dick out.

Grammar...but still very impressed for you being drunk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:23 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
I just want to be the first to report that I am already sick of this show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:31 am 
1000 CLUB

Welcome and please don't suck. Remember, your argument doesn't become more correct the louder you scream it. And, you are broadcasting in Chicago Sean so every sports discussion doesn't need to include the Yankees, Barry Bonds, and the Red Sox (See The Herd and anything else on ESPN National).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:38 am 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
Welcome and please don't suck. Remember, your argument doesn't become more correct the louder you scream it. And, you are broadcasting in Chicago Sean so every sports discussion doesn't need to include the Yankees, Barry Bonds, and the Red Sox (See The Herd and anything else on ESPN National).

Sound advice.

Someone should also tell Rosie to clear the excess saliva from his mouth and throat before going on the air. Most of the time he sounds like he's spitting at his audience. Then again, this is probably the impression he wishes to convey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:09 am 
1000 CLUB

As the chairman of the Welcoming Committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel and hearty handshake to our new morning show. Fellas, I’m not going to tell you how to run your show, but if you want to know what we don’t want to hear, please tune in to the Mike North Trainwreck Show on WSCR for a few minutes. That should give you a good indication of what is undeniably terrible.

Two quick thoughts. Rosey, we don’t give a damn about poker, save it for your column. Sean, please stop yelling. An increase in volume does not make your argument stronger (see Mike North Trainwreck Show and/or Hawkeye's post above).

That is all for now. Good luck, gentleman.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:52 am 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
As the chairman of the Welcoming Committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel and hearty handshake to our new morning show.

As the chairman of the Spaceball Is Stuffing a Turd Down My Throat Committee, it is my duty to round up a posse of angry, torch-bearing villagers to drive these clowns out of town....

...I don't want to hear about Rosie's love for the Stones. Is this 1968?

...I don't care how hard the commute is from Northbrook to downtown. I've got Monica DeSantis for that, thanks.

...I have no interest in hearing the football thoughts of a guy who thinks Kyle Orton is better than Rex Grossman. Mike North has already cornered the market on dumb arguments.

...I have no patience for a guy who can make himself seem relevant only by sitting next to Dave Baum.

...Nor do I have a pressing need to be bludgeoned with screaming testimonials about how great EVERYONE in Bristol is.

....Nor, for that matter, do I ever need to be screamed at....Especially when it's only national media talking head cliches that are being screamed.

Still, I will listen, because the Mike North Mourning Show is just that bad. But I'm getting my torch ready....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:54 am 
1000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Quote:
As the chairman of the Welcoming Committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel and hearty handshake to our new morning show.

As the chairman of the Spaceball Is Stuffing a Turd Down My Throat Committee, it is my duty to round up a posse of angry, torch-bearing villagers to drive these clowns out of town....

...I don't want to hear about Rosie's love for the Stones. Is this 1968?

...I don't care how hard the commute is from Northbrook to downtown. I've got Monica DeSantis for that, thanks.

...I have no interest in hearing the football thoughts of a guy who thinks Kyle Orton is better than Rex Grossman. Mike North has already cornered the market on dumb arguments.

...I have no patience for a guy who can make himself seem relevant only by sitting next to Dave Baum.

...Nor do I have a pressing need to be bludgeoned with screaming testimonials about how great EVERYONE in Bristol is.

....Nor, for that matter, do I ever need to be screamed at....Especially when it's only national media talking head cliches that are being screamed.

Still, I will listen from 9-10, because the Mike North Mourning Show is just that bad. But I'm getting my torch ready....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 1:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

It's been 2 days without Carm and Silvy and after listening to how GOD AWFUL "The Herd" is, I welcome you with open arms. The Herd is so bad I'm actually listening to Murph right now and not hating life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 1:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

hawkeye wrote:
It's been 2 days without Carm and Silvy and after listening to how GOD AWFUL "The Herd" is, I welcome you with open arms. The Herd is so bad I'm actually listening to Murph right now and not hating life.

I'm with ya man. He spent 12 minutes on professional wrestling today. Like I said before, I'm pissed S&C got ousted, but I am more than willing to give this show a chance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:25 pm 

Quote:
Two quick thoughts. Rosey, we don’t give a damn about poker, save it for your column.

Don't speak for all of us there Pres... I'm a huge fan of Texas Hold'em and I might just be dropping dime on the "World Series of Poker Main event " coming up in a few months.

If guy's can talk Nascar , Fantasy sports and Wrestling , what's a few minutes of Poker talk... It's the hottest thing going on right now and the T.V. numbers on ESPN were out drawing there baseball and NBA numbers.

I don't think Rosy will be putting on 3 hour segments of how to beat Phil Helmuth and Doyle Brunson (pro poker players) but you would have to agree it has to better than the BOOKIE PRIEST ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

Ed, do you really want poker talk at 10 in the morning? I don't mind playing some hold 'em every now and then either, but it's typically midnight and I have several beers in me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
Ed, do you really want poker talk at 10 in the morning? I don't mind playing some hold 'em every now and then either, but it's typically midnight and I have several beers in me.

But the bigger problem is that the poker talk will emanate from the saliva-spewing maws of Steve Rosenbloom and Sean Salisbury. These guys are two of the biggest crap artists in broadcasting.

Don't you guys remember how terrible they were when they auditioned??

Help!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:19 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Marinos-EGV
Tall Midget wrote:
Quote:

But the bigger problem is that the poker talk will emanate from the saliva-spewing maws of Steve Rosenbloom and Sean Salisbury. These guys are two of the biggest crap artists in broadcasting.

Help!!

You hired them :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Quote:

Help!!

Feels weird defending a show I haven't heard and the show that is replacing my favorite, but here goes...

I agree their audition show SUCKED. I mean Rosey was totally unprepared and sounded like he wanted nothing to do with MVP or S&C's listeners. With that said, I think this show can be decent. I actually think Salisbury has some good thoughts on the NFL. I think Rosey can be funny. Sean is actually a huge baseball fan...so much so I think he has even said opening day is better than anything NFL. My point is that now this 9 - noon slot is THEIR show. Rosey will be prepared. Sean wants to succeed. I think the valid criticisms come in when you start saying you don't want to hear Rosey talk poker. Its going to happen when the World Series starts up and I'll tell you right now, I like poker probably as much as Pres. Its fun, but I don't need it discussed for even as little as five minutes during my day on sports talk. I'll automatically switch. Second, if Sean does feel yelling is his ONLY way to prove a point this show will indeed get old quick.

Again with that said some things to look forward to with this show...

1. Guests. Whether you guys love or hate Sean, he has a hell of a lot of friends and contacts around the NFL and it'll be cool to potentially here a Tom Brady or Brett Favre on the show when they may be an opponent of the Bears on that week.

2. I think Sean will surprise a lot of you with his baseball knowledge. Again, he is an avid baseball fan so he'll have no trouble talking baseball

3. More banter between these hosts. I'm one who doesn't need the hosts arguing all the time, but I see that is a common complaint of Silvy and Carmen's show by many posters. This should make it easier for you guys to listen to MVP from nine to noon....hopefully yelling will not be frequent thing.

OK, thats actually all I got and I could be wrong on both points, but feel we at least have to be fair and give this show a chance. Tomorrow will be interesting. I'm also looking forward to Silvy and Carmen's show and what changes, if any, that there will be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

Woodridge Ryan wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Quote:

Help!!

Feels weird defending a show I haven't heard and the show that is replacing my favorite, but here goes...

I agree their audition show SUCKED. I mean Rosey was totally unprepared and sounded like he wanted nothing to do with MVP or S&C's listeners. With that said, I think this show can be decent. I actually think Salisbury has some good thoughts on the NFL. I think Rosey can be funny. Sean is actually a huge baseball fan...so much so I think he has even said opening day is better than anything NFL. My point is that now this 9 - noon slot is THEIR show. Rosey will be prepared. Sean wants to succeed. I think the valid criticisms come in when you start saying you don't want to hear Rosey talk poker. Its going to happen when the World Series starts up and I'll tell you right now, I like poker probably as much as Pres. Its fun, but I don't need it discussed for even as little as five minutes during my day on sports talk. I'll automatically switch. Second, if Sean does feel yelling is his ONLY way to prove a point this show will indeed get old quick.

Oops, I'm supposed to be defending. Again with that said some things to look forward to with this show...

1. Guests. Whether you guys love or hate Sean, he has a hell of a lot of friends and contacts around the NFL and it'll be cool to potentially here a Tom Brady or Brett Favre on the show when they may be an opponent of the Bears on that week.

2. I think Sean will surprise a lot of you with his baseball knowledge. Again, he is an avid baseball fan so he'll have no trouble talking baseball

3. More banter between these hosts. I'm one who doesn't need the hosts arguing all the time, but I see that is a common complaint of Silvy and Carmen's show by many posters. This should make it easier for you guys to listen to MVP from nine to noon....hopefully yelling will not be frequent thing.

OK, thats actually all I got and I could be wrong on both points, but feel we at least have to be fair and give this show a chance. Tomorrow will be interesting. I'm also looking forward to Silvy and Carmen's show and what changes, if any, that there will be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
President Haywood wrote:

If ya caught my act a few years ago I had a bottle of Gray Goose gone by 9:00am and poker would of been started by 10:00am but I dygress..

To answer your questions Pres..No ..Like I said I don't expect Rosy to be talking "TURNS, FLOPS AND RIVERS" AT 9:00am but if it's a slow day in Chicago , sure talk a little poker..

There the frist show locally on 1000 , so I'm sure coming out of the box will be Bears , Bulls , Sox, and Cubs.. The Hawks can go F u c k themselves untill Dollar Bill is Dirt surfing.

I just leaned that the NHL will be making visors for helmets mandatory next year , so fighting will be no more .. New NHL..KEEP IT ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

I have no clue what happened...sorry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

WTF, how many Slap Shot Eds are there?

New NHL also means new jersey styles starting next year. Supposedly each team will start with 2, no more alternate jersey bullshit (for the time being), thank god.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

[
Quote:
quote="Lebron James's Hummer"]WTF, how many Slap Shot Eds are there?

Thank GOD only 1! Fopaw on my part.

What's the deal with the new Jersey? No third jersey? I loved the 3rd jerseys..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
Again with that said some things to look forward to with this show...

To borrow a phrase from Carmen: ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?!?

1)99.9% of all athlete interviews suck--jocks are notoriously vacuous and even the more interesting ones seldom have interesting thoughts to share over the radio. Beyond that, though, why the f-u-c-k do I want to hear an interview with Tom Brady or Brett Favre, especially on a "local" show? Dan Patrick is still doing his show, no? And Sportscenter is still being televised, correct?

2)Maybe Salisbury is, as you assert, a big baseball fan. But will this interest translate into acute analysis? Given that he was able to speak about the Bears only in the most vague, cliche-ridden terms during his audition, I don't share your optimism about Salisbury's chances for expressing his baseball acumen.

3)Well, even you seem confused by your attempt to find a bright side here. Free debate is obviously a good thing--many posters have noted their boredom with the singlemindedness of the B&B show. Arguments become a problem, though, when those making them rely on empty rhetoric--as in Rosie's know-it-all cynicism--or sheer volume--as in Salisbury's constant yelling--to make their points. Both hosts attempt to conceal their lack of substantive knowledge with stylistic flourishes that will not fool listeners, though they will quickly alienate them.

Like you, though, I will be listening tomorrow morning at 9AM, if only because the North suckfest doesn't leave me with another alternative. I anticipate I'll be tuning in to Democracy Now!, though, at about 9:10.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
To borrow a phrase from Carmen: ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?!?

Probably, I'm really trying to be optimistic out of this. Nine to noon was the best part of the work day as far as radio goes. I was pissed plenty over the weekend. What can ya do, you know?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

Woodridge Ryan wrote:
Nine to noon was the best part of the work day as far as radio goes. I was pissed plenty over the weekend. What can ya do, you know?

Perspective, please. It's just radio. The sun's gonna come up tomorrow AM no matter where C&S are.

Granted our presence on this board shows how passionate we all are, but I'm afraid if Space's kid had a bunny, you'd boil a pot of water.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

Lebron James's Hummer wrote:
Woodridge Ryan wrote:
Nine to noon was the best part of the work day as far as radio goes. I was pissed plenty over the weekend. What can ya do, you know?

Perspective, please. It's just radio. The sun's gonna come up tomorrow AM no matter where C&S are.

Granted our presence on this board shows how passionate we all are, but I'm afraid if Space's kid had a bunny, you'd boil a pot of water.

Who says I haven't already done this...like I said I was pissed. ha