It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 7:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Debut
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:08 am 

pizza_Place: Deep dish - Giordano's
Regular - Nancys
2 minutes in and Sals refers to Maddux as one of OUR better pitchers!!
Classic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:10 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
9:07AM....Salisbury begins yelling. No particular reason to do this, but again this makes him feel he is making his point better. The content I think has been fine so far. I didn't hear the Maddux comment as one of the greatest Cubs pitchers of all time. I thought it was more said as of recently one of their better pitchers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:15 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Not bad so far. I expected much worse. The whole yelling thing doesn't bother me so much, as long as it's in moderation. Salisbury sure seems to love Dusty Baker, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:15 am 
1000 CLUB

Oh God, its too early in the morning for this. Wow. I feel like someone just ran me over with a truck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:17 am 
1000 CLUB

It was awkward when they went to commercial but didn't say they were. The music kind of just took them away.

Other than that, it wasn't great, but maybe they have to grow on me first. We'll see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:20 am 
1000 CLUB

No, it's horrible. STOP YELLING! What is your major malfunction? Why can you not have a conversation, a discussion, an intelligent debate?

Guys, this is the show. 3 hours of yelling, 5 days a week. That's all Salisbury does. Enjoy.

Glad we got rid of Silvy and Carmen for this horseshit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:32 am 
1000 CLUB

I just sent them an email to stop yelling at each other because it makes for bad radio and it's way too early in the morning for it anyways. Doubt they'll read it. Hey, how about talking about Contreras going on the DL on the World Champions? Or the upcoming home ALCS rematch with the Angels? Hope this isn't all Cubs and screaming from 9-12 every day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:35 am 
1000 CLUB

Its been thirty minutes. We've got to give them some time here boys, haha. Wow, you'd think I would be the one being brutal on these guys right away. The only thing I can live without is Sean's yelling this morning. I thought Rosey wasn't really yelling. He might have raised his voice, but theres nothing wrong with that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:35 am 
1000 CLUB

I've grown quite tired of the "Dusty" arguement. He sucks. But this is debated way too much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:37 am 
1000 CLUB

Oh great. First the yelling, now the're gonna give Ditka air time. How typical, we all know Da Coach IS everything Chicago. :roll:

Let's do it for Johnny!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:52 am 
1000 CLUB

Yeah, we have a new section, "Hacked By Racon". Die motherfuckers!

Let's do it for Johnny!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:53 am 
1000 CLUB

Not to say 10 @ 10 is an original idea, but to blatantly steal the name of the segment is a slap in the face. My God....thats just assish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:55 am 
1000 CLUB

Woodridge Ryan wrote:
Not to say 10 @ 10 is an original idea, but to blatantly steal the name of the segment is a slap in the face. My God....thats just assish.

Maybe they will host Run and Shoot at 11:40. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:57 am 
1000 CLUB

Contempt wrote:
Woodridge Ryan wrote:

Maybe they will host Run and Shoot at 11:40. :roll:

Haha...nice. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:00 am 
1000 CLUB

What is that? Some sort of white power group? Gayest thing ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:51 am 

Somebody should inform Sean that there's no such thing as the 21 day disabled list in MLB. This guy is going to provide a LOT of material for Critics @ XL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:55 am 
1000 CLUB

MartyD wrote:
Somebody should inform Sean that there's no such thing as the 21 day disabled list in MLB. This guy is going to provide a LOT of material for Critics @ XL.

He didn't just say that did he? Wow. Critics is definately going to have some great new material. I'm sure they'll limit the bashing though because they want to make the new show look good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:31 am 

hawkeye wrote:
MartyD wrote:

He didn't just say that did he? Wow. Critics is definately going to have some great new material. I'm sure they'll limit the bashing though because they want to make the new show look good.

He said it twice in the 30 minutes I listened to the show. The best they could do with the money saved from the White Sox is this? Mac has to be disappointed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:42 am 
1000 CLUB

Woodridge Ryan wrote:

Yeah, I agree. That's pretty bush league. At least come up with your own damn name.

Let's do it for Johnny!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:52 am 
1000 CLUB

Well I kept an open mind going into today and will try my best the rest of this week. With that said, for those of you that missed it here's what made this show...well, blow.

No Sox Talk. There was not one ten minute segment devoted to the White Sox after the Jose Contreras news. That's ridiculous. How can you not talk about the best baseball team in town. (I'm a Cubs fan)

Food Talk - Rosey was insistent on talking about Chicago Restaurants and where to take Sean for dinner tonight. I honestly think this was an hour of the show. No lie. For those of you that listened, you know what I'm talking about. Horrible.

Dan Patrick was a guest and they massaged his ego. Yea, I know S&C have done it before as well. Never said I liked those interviews in the past. Keep it.

No e-mails read the entire show. Now, I have no problem with this, but I find it very odd this never happened once considering they plugged it quite a few times. They totally blew off their e-mail listeners. How do you not address at least one?

The show was loud annoying background noise.

Overall, I was pretty bored. It didn't help Salisbury didn't know enough about the Cubs to actually support his Baker is a good manager opinion. While I couldn't disagree more with that idea, the fact he had some whack reasons why Baker is good didn't help budge me on bit on the issue. The show was a pretty big disappointment. I thought we'd get more sports.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 12:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

Coach Crapowski wrote:
WTF is up with acting like a tourist? Just pick some place you liked in your pre-Sean life and deal with it. Just stupid.

Exactly, why would I want to hear about all these places that I already know about. It was of no interest at all. Especially an hour of it on and off. Horrible

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:14 pm 

Big surprise that WR didn't like this show

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Dr. John wrote:

Are you saying that you liked the show? What was good about it? Do tell....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

It was not a good show. Felt like a Saturday morning national show that was trying to force in local content. Much improvement needed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

I had some yard work to do this morning... so I stopped after 10-at-10 and picked it up again before the DP interview.

Did they even introduce the web poll question once?

I honestly don't see how Sean is going to be able to do this 5 days a week? Even if its bad radio, it doesn't mean the show won't last long (see Mike North), but I give this show 6 months, and then once football season gets underway, Sean will grow to dread this ESPN 1000 job and call it quits before the holidays.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 2:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
well, after reading your comments i will continue my boycott of this show for the remainder of the week....
however, if the critics fodder stays consistent......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 2:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Listened some today and it was OK. The show needs to have more direction though. It was the first day, so I will give it some time.

One thing I came away with was a name for the show- The Cock and the Jock.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 2:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Dr. John wrote:

Are you saying that you liked the show? What was good about it? Do tell....

Dr. John only makes posts concerning my likes and dislikes. Notice how he just made that comment without disputing anything I had said about the criticims. If he paid attention at all to this board, he'd have known I was defending this show somewhat while a lot of people were ripping it before it started. Damn, Doug in Evergree with the boycott. But of course, Dr. John will just make pointless comments like that with nothing ever backing it up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 2:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quick question. Who's supposed to be driving this show? I'd assume Salisbury but couldn't tell at all today. They were too busy talking over each other like all the political morons on those news channel talk shows. "Can I finish, can I finish?" :roll: