It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:16 am 

pizza_Place: Pete's
save yourself the torture and turn them off! i listened to them one day and decided mully and hanley are ten times better than these jerk-offs!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

Oh jesus, I thought that's what I heard. But, then, I thought THERE'S NO WAY he said that....and I guess he did.

Welcome to Sean-cago. Home of Kerry Woods, Solider's Field, and Cominskey Park.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

Are we in Illinoise too?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:14 pm 

Yesterday Rosie could not understand the point of a Tribune taco tasting--like best seafood in St. Louis he demurred.

:?:

Has Rosie set foot IN Chicago in the last 10 years? Does he know how many Mexicans live here? That there's quite a few taco stands around. I could not believe a "reporter" could be so ignorant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
VI wrote:
Yesterday Rosie could not understand the point of a Tribune taco tasting--like best seafood in St. Louis he demurred.

Has Rosie set foot IN Chicago in the last 10 years? Does he know how many Mexicans live here? That there's quite a few taco stands around. I could not believe a "reporter" could be so ignorant.

I heard this discussion and couldn't believe it, either. Rosenbloom is supposed to be the "local" anchor of the show, but he sounded like a tourist. For Chicago cuisine, all he could recommend was hot dogs, pizza, and steak. I guess he's not familiar with the famed Polish restaurants and delis of the Milwaukee Ave. corridor; the impressive Indo-Pak offerings of Devon Ave; the solid Middle Eastern joints in Albany Park; the great Thai spots in several areas of the city, but most notably in Lincoln Sq.; the well known Vietnamese spots on Argyle; the awesome, old school Italian food of Taylor St., Harlem Ave., and Oakley; and, oh yeah, that little neighborhood on the South Side called CHINATOWN! And that's just off the top of my head and doesn't begin to consider the upscale or fusion cuisine available in our city. Based on this discussion, I'd say that it's Rosenbloom, not Salisbury, who needs an introduction to Chicago. Stop eating at Northbrook Court all the time, Rosie--maybe you'll actually learn something about the people you scream at for 3 hours everyday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
VI wrote:

I heard this discussion and couldn't believe it, either. Rosenbloom is supposed to be the "local" anchor of the show, but he sounded like a tourist. For Chicago cuisine, all he could recommend was hot dogs, pizza, and steak. I guess he's not familiar with the famed Polish restaurants and delis of the Milwaukee Ave. corridor; the impressive Indo-Pak offerings of Devon Ave; the solid Middle Eastern joints in Albany Park; the great Thai spots in several areas of the city, but most notably in Lincoln Sq.; the well known Vietnamese spots on Argyle; the awesome, old school Italian food of Taylor St., Harlem Ave., and Oakley; and, oh yeah, that little neighborhood on the South Side called CHINATOWN! And that's just off the top of my head and doesn't begin to consider the upscale or fusion cuisine available in our city. Based on this discussion, I'd say that it's Rosenbloom, not Salisbury, who needs an introduction to Chicago. Stop eating at Northbrook Court all the time, Rosie--maybe you'll actually learn something about the people you scream at for 3 hours everyday.

I heard the show briefly yesterday. Didn't they have that chicagoscene.com guy on to talk about hitting the clubs and stuff? So they should know better, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Quote:
I heard the show briefly yesterday. Didn't they have that chicagoscene.com guy on to talk about hitting the clubs and stuff? So they should know better, right?

Yeah, they had some guy talking about "hip" clubs for the over 40 crowd and "cool" bars to go to that keep people out based on the way they look and dress. This "expert" seemed to regard anyone who didn't want to pay 10 bucks for a cocktail as "riff raff". Nice.

The more I listen to this show, the more I think of it as a Chicago sports talk show for people who either have never lived in Chicago (or any other big city) and therefore have a very constricted understanding of urban life.

The insularity of the show is wholly astounding.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:47 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
i'm glad I still haven't listened to one minute of this show....