It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:30 am 

This is unbearable. I miss Silvy and Carmen.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:36 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Kevbo wrote:
This is unbearable. I miss Silvy and Carmen.

Well you all know I do. What's worse is that I was on Hanley and Mully originally and well....they were talking about Barbaros....Tough, tough morning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:43 am 

I expect Rosenbloom to follow it up with hockey talk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:49 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
I expect Rosenbloom to follow it up with hockey talk.

OK, I know we don't mention our calls or e-mails, but I can't help myself to say Sean is yelling at me right now and I can't stop laughing. He totally ran circles around the points of my email again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:16 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Quote:
OK, I know we don't mention our calls or e-mails, but I can't help myself to say Sean is yelling at me right now and I can't stop laughing. He totally ran circles around the points of my email again.

I think you need a cliche dictionary--because you're misusing the phrase "...ran circles around..."

I guess this proves that you really do belong in sports radio, though. You could be Jesse's co-host: He could butcher cliches while you misinterpret them! :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

...Just funnin' with ya, Ryan....Good emails.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Quote:

I think you need a cliche dictionary--because you're misusing the phrase "...ran circles around..."

I guess this proves that you really do belong in sports radio, though. You could be Jesse's co-host: He could butcher cliches while you misinterpret them! :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

Ha, yea that was very Jesse-esque. Part of my problem is I type these posts while I'm at work and don't completely pay attention to what I'm typing. Hmm, anyone know Jesse's phone number? Ha :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:33 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Woodridge Ryan wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Quote:

Ha, yea that was very Jesse-esque. Part of my problem is I type these posts while I'm at work and don't completely pay attention to what I'm typing. Hmm, anyone know Jesse's phone number? Ha :lol:

I just got off the phone with him. He asked that you not try and contact him. Silvy and Carmen could get jealous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

Seacrest wrote:
I just got off the phone with him. He asked that you not try and contact him. Silvy and Carmen could get jealous.

ZING! :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:45 pm 
Site Admin

Woodridge Ryan wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

ZING! :cry:

Being very sensitive and all, You must get a lot of women.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

Alright, let's not turn this into a Beef Rockmore thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
:lol:

so is proper grammer to just say "I ran circles" and you have to infer that it was obviously "around" something.
because if you just say I ran circles, it doesn't necessarily mean it was around a particular object. you could just be running circles....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:56 pm 
Site Admin

doug - evergreen park wrote:

so is proper grammer to just say "I ran circles" and you have to infer that it was obviously "around" something.
because if you just say I ran circles, it doesn't necessarily mean it was around a particular object. you could just be running circles....

All I know is I got dizzy reading your post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 1:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, there is a bit of redundancy there because circularity does imply going "around". But "around" is also necessary because, to make the cliche meaningful, the sentence needs a direct object so you can specify what is being circled. :lol: :lol: :shock:

Anyway, I was just razzing Ryan because he accused Salisbury of "running circles around" his email. That phrasing implies Salisbury was defeating Ryan in some kind of email or communications competition. I think Ryan just meant to say that Salisbury was "talking in circles"--that is, speaking nonsensically--in trying to rebut Ryan's points.

Cliche police out. :lol:

By the way, I'm feeling very emoticonny today!8) :) :shock: :x :cry: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 1:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Anyway, I was just razzing Ryan because he accused Salisbury of "running circles around" his email. That phrasing implies Salisbury was defeating Ryan in some kind of email or communications competition. I think Ryan just meant to say that Salisbury was "talking in circles"--that is, speaking nonsensically--in trying to rebut Ryan's points.

Cliche police out. :lol:

By the way, I'm feeling very emoticonny today!8) :) :shock: :x :cry: :wink:

TM, I think you should be in charge of proofreading my "during work" posts. The last thing I'd ever want to imply was Salisbury making sense. :wink:

In all seriousness, I wasn't even trying to prove Sean wrong on anything other than him to stick to one point and not be on everyone's side. Plus, its just funny as hell when he starts yelling at random callers and e-mailers. I'm actually a fan of his when it comes to the NFL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 1:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

What bothers me is that he has NEVER in his life made a point clearly. He stammers and sputters through his sentences, and if you take a half a second to think "What the hell did he just say," you'd realize he made nothing that so much as hints at a rational thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: Dan's Pizza, Downers Grove
Funny. Sean yelled at me Tuesday, too. Told me to "open my ears" then proceeded to explain how Dusty Baker isn't to blame for the poor play by the Cubs.

Ok Sean, your efforts to sound like you know anything about Chicago sports is losing steam. Stop yelling at the listener, or we all will be changing the station, and I can't handle the hot dog vendor before 10:15am.

doug

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 12:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
still proud to say i still haven't listened to a minute of this apparent aggravation...except for the lameass promo commercials...

however, i do listen to huddle on the weekends....since well, sean knows what he's talking, er yelling, about and clayton is just solid as concrete....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 12:16 pm 
1000 CLUB

still proud to say i still haven't listened to a minute of this apparent aggravation...except for the lameass promo commercials...

however, i do listen to huddle on the weekends....since well, sean knows what he's talking, er yelling, about and clayton is just solid as concrete....

Agreed, thats a good show.