It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:51 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
doug - evergreen park wrote:
i heard what Mac said too, John.

And hear we go again. Its 9:40 and Seam starts calling callers names again. Also telling Cardinal Tony he is an uneducated sports fan because he has a differing opinion than himself. And then twists what Tony says to make him sound like an idiot when he never said the things Sean said he did. This is the type of shit he needs to stop doing. Good God, is it 10:30 yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:53 am 
1000 CLUB

and there it is....
Cardinal Tony calls him out...and Sean was not wrong.

Doug, this is usually what happens for two thirds of the show. At least Rosenbloom respects others opinions and hell, Rosey has admitted he was wrong about some things on this show already.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:02 am 
1000 CLUB

yeah, i actually got to hear that! He totally told Cardinal Tony that he was an "idiot" albeit in a nice way *check that Bernstein*, and Mr. Steak was NOT wrong at all...then he alludes to a football situation to back up his BASEBALL argument?! *If it's free it's me, gimme THREE*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:08 am 
1000 CLUB

I didn't know Ben Wallace was a HUGE OFFENSIVE FORCE that Sean just said he was. Have I not been paying close enough attention to the NBA? Isn't he a HUGE DEFENSIVE force full of blocks and rebounds to go with 10-12 points?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:47 am 
1000 CLUB

Well, doesn't look like Sean will address us, but I guess its Tony Cardinals day to get yelled at. Twice in the same show! Haha. We got to get Tony on these boards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 2:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

I don't listen to the show regularly, but I saw Sean on Chicago Tribune Live and it wasn't bad. The thing that annoys me is how many little things he gets wrong, like wrong stadium names or saying that in 03 the Cubs got as far as the ALDS and all that

Oh and I hate Rosenbloom (not a personal thing, just don't like listening to him). Besides his voice, the way he acts, and turning every conversation into how he's a pimp or is looking for women, has he ever even talked to one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 2:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

can't edit my post, but wanted to add, hated this move when announced, and can't see how anyone can view this as better than Silvy and Carmen, especially when they were getting better.

Sounds like all Spaceball was the name drop of the big guy from Bristol, and helping to try and get big guests so Sean can say how nice their wives are

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 2:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

Woodridge Ryan wrote:
I didn't know Ben Wallace was a HUGE OFFENSIVE FORCE that Sean just said he was. Have I not been paying close enough attention to the NBA? Isn't he a HUGE DEFENSIVE force full of blocks and rebounds to go with 10-12 points?

Big Ben is averaging about 4 points in the playoffs, down from his 7 point season average. And please oh please don't ask him to shoot a free throw

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Stinkfinger The Crow wrote:
[quote=]
Also, the new Mission of Burma, The Obliterati, is excellent, as well as Powder Burns by The Twilight Singers.

This man knows. Dulli was in fine form at that Metro show last Friday.

-Hank Kingsley

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 2:32 am 

Listened for the first time today and the show was decent for the most part. Though I find it quite sad that middle aged men on the radio are asking for callers to let them know where to go hang out on a Thursday night to pick up women. Maybe it's just me, but I think that's pathetic. I know I started off postively but now the more I'm thinking of it I have some issues with today's show. Earlier posters mentioned the exchange between Sean and Cardinal Tony, I did hear it and yes Sean was in the wrong for the way he dealt with a differing opinion. Though in fairness Cardinal Tony likes to get on the line and insult hosts, or am I the only one who thinks that? Rosenbloom is ok, but ONLY in small doses. There is a definite smarminess to him, kinda of like a baby Bernstein though nowhere as bad. His cynical attitude is funny at times but gets old very quickly. Salisbury can get better if he tones it down and learns to accept criticism, though I can almost say for certain that at some point, probably football season we're going to get a HUB like moment (Where did you play your ball?) from Salisbury. I think the best option if it was set in stone that Salisbury was coming in would have been to pair him with Silverman. I know there would have been some tension between the two but I feel it would have made for some good radio. I for one believe the Silvy & Carm show picked up drastically when he began driving the show. I know I've ranted long enough to be compared to Leo Tolstoy so I end it with this thougt, the next great sports talk show host should and will be Matt Spiegel, Spaceball get on that and save us all from the midday hell that has become Chicago Sports radio.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 6:46 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
I like rosey, but we might need some help here.

Rosey would have been great with someone NEW...someone with a Personality?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:30 am 

pizza_Place: Pete's
i think silvy and sean would of provided some good fireworks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 4:30 am 
1000 CLUB

Nice to see you having fun with the blokes, Ryan. I gave the show about a week, but my ears just couldn't take all that shouting from Sean and my sensibilities couldn't take all that Rosie hostility so early in the morning. I just can't get used to having a sledgehammer with my coffee at 9 am.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 8:31 am 
1000 CLUB

Coast2Coast wrote:
Nice to see you having fun with the blokes, Ryan. I gave the show about a week, but my ears just couldn't take all that shouting from Sean and my sensibilities couldn't take all that Rosie hostility so early in the morning. I just can't get used to having a sledgehammer with my coffee at 9 am.

Damn it Coast. We've been at two of the same remotes and somehow by the time Mac informs me you're there, you're gone. Damn it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 9:34 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Furious Styles wrote:
Stinkfinger The Crow wrote:
[quote=]
Also, the new Mission of Burma, The Obliterati, is excellent, as well as Powder Burns by The Twilight Singers.

This man knows. Dulli was in fine form at that Metro show last Friday.

i was at the metro last friday, but it was to see Mogwai. I saw the flier for Dulli's new band....I take it they were good, then, eh?

what remote, ryan?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 11:06 am 
1000 CLUB

what remote, ryan?

One at Durty Nellie's and the other was Half Time Sports or whatever its called.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 9:25 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Marinos-EGV
Woodridge Ryan wrote:

what remote, ryan?

One at Durty Nellie's and the other was Half Time Sports or whatever its called.

Real Time Sports

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 10:01 am 
1000 CLUB

EG Greg wrote:
Woodridge Ryan wrote:

what remote, ryan?

Real Time Sports

Thank you. I couldn't remember the damn name and that place was pretty cool. Anyone been to The Foundry?