All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Have You Given Up On This Show?
Yes. It was just unbearable. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No. I'm still with it. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:21 am 

Greetings...long time, first time

Count me as another S&C fan who is fuming over the arrival of Dickweed and Rosenbloom. Wednesday's show reached a new low...if Sean says "just shut up a minute" one more time....

The show is horrible...Slap Shot gave it 3 months and I gotta agree. Either Rosenbloom is gonna bail or Salisbury will tire of pretending he lives "there," um, in Chicago. I don't think Schwartz will have the balls to pull the plug.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:14 am 

I gave them a chance, I even liked Salisbury before this abortion. But wow, I just can't take it anymore. I'd rather drive in silence than have to hear these two idiots bark at each other back and forth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:33 am 
1000 CLUB

On The Eisenhower wrote:
I don't think Schwartz will have the balls to pull the plug.

Yeah, that leads me to my next question. How does Spacefall like this show now? Is he the only one listening in his office thinking "yeah! this show's gonna be grreeeattttt (Tony the Tiger)!!" Or does he already know that the show is fucked and that S+C middays wasn't that bad...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:24 am 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
I'm lovin' that no one has voted on the poll.

I think Shitsbury will have at least one chair thrown at him when they do their LIVE from training camp down yonder in Bourbonnais.

Can't wait for the Bears callers to light his ass up when 2nd guessing Lovie Staff and his Smith.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:31 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
donspiracy wrote:
I'm lovin' that no one has voted on the poll.

Something is wrong with the poll

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:01 am 

Yeah I've had no luck with the poll as well.

I think I may have to give up my Man Card. Cathy and Judy just came on the radio and I'm seriously considering not changing it. Considering North on one side and S&R on the other, I think I'm making the best choice. Any other good options out there? ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:17 am 
1000 CLUB

Contempt wrote:
On The Eisenhower wrote:
I don't think Schwartz will have the balls to pull the plug.

Yeah, that leads me to my next question. How does Spacefall like this show now? Is he the only one listening in his office thinking "yeah! this show's gonna be grreeeattttt (Tony the Tiger)!!" Or does he already know that the show is fucked and that S+C middays wasn't that bad...

The exact reason I'd love to get Spaceball on in the next chat. I'd love to grill him on what he thinks about this show now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:23 am 
1000 CLUB

I actually just tuned in to their first segment just now and think someone must have had a sit down with them. They seemed noticeably quieter and could tell that Sean was itching to get arguing and yelling but holding back. Rosey was pretty calm as well but I'm not sure if that was on purpose or natural since he's given up on trying to have a quality show with good sports discussion.

To start the show, Rosey was bringing up a talking point on all star voting and how it's all yankees/red sox so far. He asked which Sox position players should be out there and as he's trying to finish his thought, Sean keeps jumping in saying "Lets Go Position By Position then". He said this like 4 times and Rosey just seemed dumbfounded. Sean acts like he has some serious ADD-jumps in before others can complete a sentence and gets very loud and angry very quickly. Get him som Ritalin, and Rosey some Prozac. Maybe the show will improve.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:19 am 
1000 CLUB

I've got to say, this has been one of the better days I've had since these two stole the mid-morning show. I think its because I'm not listening to them. Instead, I've got on that tool Colin Cowherd; I'm not a fan of the show, but it is MUCH better than Sean threatening to jump out of my speakers, and I don't have my headache that I usually get from S&R.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:06 am 

In all fairness you should give them until at least the middle of football season before making any judgements. Let them at least work in their area of expertise before giving up on the show.

I can say that knowing I cannot listen to mid day shows because of work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:16 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
In all fairness you should give them until at least the middle of football season before making any judgements. Let them at least work in their area of expertise before giving up on the show.

I can say that knowing I cannot listen to mid day shows because of work.

So we can look forward to Sean making constant Tom Brady references that are irrelevant to the conversation while ignoring the White Sox playoff run? Sweet, I'm there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:26 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
agreed....i listen to more silvy and carmen now that they are in the evenings, b/c of work and phone calls, etc...
i expect the show to be better during football season.....i guess, i'll wait until then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:36 am 
1000 CLUB

There is no way in hell that I'm suffering through the next 6 months of them just to wait to get to what may or may not be their strong suit. And the conversation doesn't matter, but how it has been conducted thus far. Screaming and yelling, talking over each other, circuitous arguments do not make for good sports radio.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
i didn't say i was going to listen.....i'll just wait.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

I had Mike, Annie and Fred on my dial today after 9a. :oops:

Now that should tell you something about the nine to noon show on 'MVP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:36 am 

With all due respect, why wait 'til football season? Sean's already made a billion Denny Green references and "when I played the game..." proclamations. Yeesh.

I just cannot see this show becoming any better. Rosenbloom has been thrown under the bus by his supposed partner at least once during each of the shows I've endured.

Even if Silvy & Carmen are handed their walking papers later this summer, they've gotta be laughing about how horrible this "better" show is.

Schadenfreude in full effect.