Have You Given Up On This Show?
Yes. It was just unbearable. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No. I'm still with it. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0
 Post subject: I've given up. Have You?
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:51 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Well, that's it. I can't take it anymore. I will not listen to this show any longer unless Mulligan and Hanley are worse (don't see that happening). Sean is horrible. I really wanted him to do well actually. As we all know he yells, uses no specific examples to back up his points (just generalities of the game), and doesn't listen to anyone. This is the most annoying part of the show. Sean talks for 80% of the show and never listens to what someone says and then accuses other of not listening to him. I hate when Rosenbloom will make a point with an example and then Sean will tell him he said something else and uses the same old reasons. Sean, did you not just listen to your partner talk? How about Sean wakes the hell up and be a better communicator by listening to others. I've had it. I dislike people like that and have dropped this show alltogether from my listening habits. I know you all know that I'm a die-hard S&C guy, but you also know through this board that I gave this show numerous chances only to have it fail everytime I listened. Good-bye Sean, and Rosey I feel bad you have to do this everyday. It must suck to talk for a living and due to your partner never be able to engage in an actually conversation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:59 am 
1000 CLUB

I just submitted something to this effect right before seeing this. Hopefully, someone at WMVP actually checks that Comments section and listens to what I had to say. It's hard to even have constructive criticism of this show, because so much of it is just basic broadcast journalism, I would think.

WR, you are exactly right. This show has just became too painful to listen to, and I won't do it. I listen to sports talk because FM only plays 12 different songs, and I like the fact that it generally gets me to think. The only thinking I do during this show is the different ways I might be able to harm myself. If there is a god in heaven, the people on State St actually pay attention to this board.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:11 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
at the remote Friday, Adam Delevitt asked me what I thought about the show. I told him that I had listened for the first time the day before, but that I thought Sean yelled too much. He said to give it some time...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:24 am 
1000 CLUB

doug - evergreen park wrote:
at the remote Friday, Adam Delevitt asked me what I thought about the show. I told him that I had listened for the first time the day before, but that I thought Sean yelled too much. He said to give it some time...

Well, I think Adam has always done good work form the shows he's been on, but I can also tell him I've given it a month and it actually gotten worse. I gave it time. I'm done

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:27 am 
1000 CLUB

Ryan, you and I are definitely on the same page here. I was thinking about putting up a thread for me to vent on about this show, and you did it. You had the same response to Adam as I would have.

Also like you, I'm a big fan of S&C. However, this doesn't have anything to do with them; it has to do with the headache I have every morning that coincides with Salisbury and Rosenbloom's yelling. I'm done, so the Score better be decent between 9a-12p.

PS I actually got a very prompt response to my comment, I'm really impressed. Hopefully it gets taken into account.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:36 am 
1000 CLUB

PLEASE tell me that someone else heard Sean just say "proves you don't have to be a yeller and a screamer to get the job to done."!!!!!! Anyone? Bueller? This was HILARIOUS-I spit out my coffee on my desk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:49 am 
1000 CLUB

MUScholar21 wrote:
PLEASE tell me that someone else heard Sean just say "proves you don't have to be a yeller and a screamer to get the job to done."!!!!!! Anyone? Bueller? This was HILARIOUS-I spit out my coffee on my desk

HAHAHA, I wish I had heard it. I left the show though. Listening to M&H. Not bad at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:54 am 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
Ryan, you and I are definitely on the same page here. I was thinking about putting up a thread for me to vent on about this show, and you did it. You had the same response to Adam as I would have.

Also like you, I'm a big fan of S&C. However, this doesn't have anything to do with them; it has to do with the headache I have every morning that coincides with Salisbury and Rosenbloom's yelling. I'm done, so the Score better be decent between 9a-12p.

PS I actually got a very prompt response to my comment, I'm really impressed. Hopefully it gets taken into account.

Adam is a hat now, not a helmet anymore. Expecting anything other than the company line from him would be having unreasonable expectations.

MUS, don't subject yourself to 75 minutes of North. Punch the button @ 10:15, by that time the North abortion is over and it's all M&H.

Not to be nosy, but what kind of response did you get to your ESPN letter and whom did you get it from? It sucks that the landscape has changed for the worse, let's hope the book reflects this and ESPN has to make a change....or even better make a change BACK to the way it was.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

Not nosy at all. The email came back less than 15 minutes later from Keith Sgariglia, who if I recall from on-air discussions is the station's webmaster. Here was his response:

Thanks for the e-mail Paul. I'm sorry you don't like the new show, but
we definitely appreciate you taking the time to send us your thoughts.

I'm not exactly thrilled with the response, but at least it was prompt and someone (probably some temp or something) saw it. It's better than clicking submit and knowing it went into the Great Beyond.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Pete's
i love it how when we send emails to wmvp management it actually goes to the webmaster!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:11 pm 

First posting here.

I'll qualify from the start that I was a Silvy and Carmen fan and was very dissapointed when I learned of their descent to radio hell. With that said I honestly approached the start of S&R with an open mind.

The first day of the show I did something I had not done in years... I changed the radio to something besides WMVP during that time slot. I work in an office. Sometimes I am actively listening while at work, other times the radio is just background noise. With the constant bickering and yelling it became way too much of a distraction. Old habits had me continuing to give them a shot after Mike and Mike, unfortunately with similar results as that first day.

Now my radio habits have changed enough that about the only time I listen to WMVP is on my commute with Mike and Mike and in the afternoons I flip the radio back for MJH.

The S&R show simply isn't entertaining, it's annoying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

CivilOne wrote:
Sometimes I am actively listening while at work, other times the radio is just background noise. With the constant bickering and yelling it became way too much of a distraction.

Welcome to the boards. I'm right there with you about the distraction this show causes. S&C were perfect for me as a midday show, a very easy listen. The new show just grates on me and gets me frustrated. Almost as much as when I listen to Murph and that's saying a lot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

hawkeye wrote:
CivilOne wrote:
Sometimes I am actively listening while at work, other times the radio is just background noise. With the constant bickering and yelling it became way too much of a distraction.

Welcome to the boards. I'm right there with you about the distraction this show causes. S&C were perfect for me as a midday show, a very easy listen. The new show just grates on me and gets me frustrated. Almost as much as when I listen to Murph and that's saying a lot.

Wow, well said Hawkeye. And welcome to the board CivilOne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

CivilOne wrote:
Sometimes I am actively listening while at work, other times the radio is just background noise. With the constant bickering and yelling it became way too much of a distraction. Old habits had me continuing to give them a shot after Mike and Mike, unfortunately with similar results as that first day.

This is like homering in your first at-bat; nice post Civil and welcome. I completely agree-although there were always things that Silvy and Carmen had me listening for, and I always made sure to have my radio on by 9a, but with Rosebloom and Salisbury I went from listening to background noise to persona non grata on my radio. I'm done-I just need to change my habits to make sure I log onto the Score first thing in the morning instead of ESPN.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Deep dish - Giordano's
Regular - Nancys
I've given up on S&R - Tried the national ESPN stream for a while but had to dump that also. So my mornings have become a lot more productive.

I've punched on the radio after 7 on a quiet sports night just to hear S&C!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

It would be cool if they had some sort of TIVO-Radio. I could record the previous night's S&C and play it during S&R the next morning. I could even forward through the commercials. Someone get on this...cooler?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

hawkeye wrote:
It would be cool if they had some sort of TIVO-Radio. I could record the previous night's S&C and play it during S&R the next morning. I could even forward through the commercials. Someone get on this...cooler?

That would be cool though one of S&C's staff said they would be podcasting the show soon so thats pretty much what you are looking for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

Woodridge Ryan wrote:
That would be cool though one of S&C's staff said they would be podcasting the show soon so thats pretty much what you are looking for.

staff members....is what I meant to say. Producer I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

Yagr, any chance we can get you to change your avator? Not only is it grotesque to look at, but it makes it difficult to look at posts at work and you usually have good stuff to say. Just a thought

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
isn't that a tool poster?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Deep dish - Giordano's
Regular - Nancys
The avatar is a red bull ball hitch, I thought it meshed in nicely with my nick. I was working on Jaromir and a can of red bull but my photoshop skills suck.

As to Doug's comment

"Isn't that a tool poster" - If he means the hitch he's right

if he meant

"Isn't that a tool posting" - he's probably correct also

PS - I've been linking here via a previous bookmark and was getting nothing since the hack. So glad I googled the site and got back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:19 pm 
1000 CLUB

I don't think that's what Ryan thought it was.

Let's do it for Johnny!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

Dallas Winston wrote:
I don't think that's what Ryan thought it was.

Wasn't necessarily me. Some chick that sits near me saw this and was all up in arms about it. I just said it was a pop up, hahaha. Dumbass

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

It is rather phallic looking. Kinda like the alien in Predator watching a Peter North video.

Let's do it for Johnny!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

Coach Crapowski wrote:
Quote:
I just said it was a pop up

The popping of the alleged anatomy object in the avatar should be an unhumanly painful experience.

In men with normal anatomy the thing that pops up is located above what is allegedly depicted on the avatar.

Ahh, you caught the pun!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

As a guy who has listened to many train wrecks over the years (I.E.The BEAR and the BULL, Telender, Murph and Fred, Shaer and Memelo) I can tell you that Rosy and Shawn are as bad , if not worse than the above mentioned shows..

Shawn compares every topic with his NFL day's and talks way to much and Rosy has way to much saliva in his mouth take make any point worth listening to. You have 2 west coast guys chatting about Chicago sports and it aint working for me..

I was just getting to like the Silvvy and Carmen show and Spaceballs changed it for this..

Take $10,000 out of petty cash and buy a clue there Space..

Football season won't save this line-up my friend .. T-minus 3 months and counting ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

The day that I avoid this show's thread (cause I hate the show so much), is the day the best thread develops. I agree with MUScholar21 and Woodridge 100%. Of course, I too am a big fan of Silvy and Carmen. I heard the last 10 minutes of their hour "special" last night, and thought to myself "how in the hell is Rosey and Sallisbury suppose to be better than this?"

The show just isn't good. How many times do they have to talk about Dusty? Sean says Dusty is a good coach, and it's not his fault... but then says if the players don't respect him, then he should be fired? After Sean rants for five minutes on something, then Rosey will say they are going to a break, I think "oh damn, I forgot Rosey was there." He comes across as a weak "driver" for the show.

Last week, it was listen to them until 10:15, then switch to 670. Today, I had WLS on at 9a, and went to The Score at 10:15.