It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

Just thumbed them for constantly talking over each other. Said it drove him almost insane. Glad to hear it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:19 pm 
1000 CLUB

Yeah, I'm glad to hear an on-air peer say something. Maybe it'll carry some currency with S&R. I doubt it though. :roll:

Let's do it for Johnny!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Marinos-EGV
I think Mac is the only one that would be respected by the two of them. Both think they are more radio/tv savy that Jurko. Its unfortunate because he is completely right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

It's Mac's fault, he came on their first show encouraging them to argue and yell at each other

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
It's Mac's fault, he came on their first show encouraging them to argue and yell at each other

I assume you were being sarcastic, but that leads to another point. Mac can get away with occasional yelling (IMO so can Harry, B&B, and Silvy) because they have an actual thought or point behind what they're saying. It's not the same tired, generalized argument they have used for the last month. Big difference with the other hosts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:55 am 
1000 CLUB

Its not so much those guys can "get away with it," its that they do it rarely. From 9:01 to 11:55, Salisbury is screaming, which forces Rosenbloom to yell over him. It's like a middle school lunchroom.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:19 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I still think if they can tone it down a bit the show can still be good. I find Rosey to be pretty humorous minus the pimp hand which he has stopped doing. I'm in the minority, but I really liked on Sean's In The Huddle show with Clayton and am one of the few that liked him on NFL Live because I think he does know his stuff. Yes he gets wound up and there's nothing wrong with that. It just makes it tough when its for three hours straight and you feel like he isn't listening or giving any validity to his partner. That's really my beef with the show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:25 am 
1000 CLUB

Wow, they just played the clip of Jurko clip of the thumbs down and Sean disagreed because "Mac is the brains of SCRIPTING the show" and that they talk over each other because they have knowledge on the subjects at hand. WYC. Then he made some comment about Jurko needing an alarm clock to wake him up every 45 seconds during the show. Looks like he's not getting more humble afterall. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:05 am 

He defended himself, but I bet he takes the "Thumbs down" to heart. These guys have been trying things out since day 1 and it does seem that the criticisms have been reaching them and they have been responding somewhat. I bet he doesn't cut off Rosie nearly as much for a while and vice versa. Mac did encourage them to yell at each other and fight things out. If that isn't working, Space will get them to tone it down. It may take some time, but I doubt everyone at that station has their heads in the sand and are giving these guys carte blanche to fail. We know they read this board and certainly haven't missed the annihilation in progress. I don't think either one of them want to stand for failure either. As arrogant as you all think Salisbury is, I bet he's learned over the years that you have to listen to your coaches. After the failure with Patrick's show, I doubt he is coming into this all thinking he is god's gift to radio personalities. He sure seems to give those that have been successful in the business their props.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:13 am 
1000 CLUB

Irish Warrior - While your opinion probably isn't going to be popular with the posters, I have to agree with you pretty much 100%. I wrote way back after the first week that I'd be really surprised if Salisbury would be too big headed to not listen and want to succeed. To me, he seems like one of those guys that would hate to fail at anything (insert Sean career jokes here), but seriously he seems like one of those guys who would work his ass of to be the best he can be. I didn't enjoy the first month of the show. I'm not going to go through the growing pains of this show. I'll be back July 1st and hope its better. I think it probably will be. I listened on Monday and came back for Tuesday yesterday just because Rosey was really good on Monday. I will admit I thought the show was somewhat better, but that last hour of the show get really annoying. I don't we'll see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:46 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
i get the impression that steak thinks he's simply god's gift....not to any particular field, just overall..... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:53 am 
1000 CLUB

Sean said the listners need to get thick skin as well and that "I dont care if no one cares what I think". I figured Sean would have calmed down after busting his load while talking to Cuban, Cuban and Sean interupted Rosie each about 3 times. Sean will not take any criticim to heart, he's much to arrogant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:00 am 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
"I dont care if no one cares what I think".

aw...now he's ripping off mike north... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:08 am 
1000 CLUB

You guys are wrong if you think Sean will listen to anyone. He basically is saying so in his replys. He's stubborn and doesn't think he's doing anything wrong. He was asked by MJH why was he let go from the Patrick show. His response was "there was no good reason, I was just too opionionated". The guy has no humility and won't take advise. When this fails he'll just fall back on his TV gig untill Bristol finds him another market to do local radio. He'll hit 20 cities before Bristol gives up on him and realizes he sucks. LOL.

His response to all critics is "You guys don't like me because I have strong opinons". No sean that is not the reason. Listen to your critics and what they say you idiot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:13 am 
1000 CLUB

Beardown wrote:
His response to all critics is "You guys don't like me because I have strong opinons". No sean that is not the reason. Listen to your critics and what they say you idiot.

That comment is absolutely stupid when he says that. Becasue no one in Chicago has strong opinions, hahahha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:27 am 
1000 CLUB

screw you! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:36 am 
1000 CLUB

did sean just say that "basketball is an individual game, played as a team sport, on the basektball court?"

that, my friends, is a great example of sean being on both sides of the fence.....er, court.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:40 am 
1000 CLUB

Had Mully and Hanley on missed it. I'm not for sure what the context of his comment was, but that kind of makes sense. Five players on a team, yet the NBA seems to be so one-on-one matchups compared to college basketball.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:58 pm 

He did say exactly that. It's a thought. It can certainly be debated, but it's a thought. Some would say it's been moving more and more into the individual arena then it was played years ago. I think most would say that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
Sean's response to all critics is "You guys don't like me because I have strong opinons".

Who's he crapping?

Sean's biggest problem is that he HAS NO OPINIONS yet yells, screams, bitches and moans like he does. He won't step out on anyone. He won't make any predictions unless there are 10 caviats that go with it.

"With Steve McNair as the Ravens QB, they've got to be a favorite to go to the Super Bowl. That is assuming their defense stays healthy, and Jamal Lewis has a good year, and Ray Lewis is able to rebound from an off year." How fucking gutsy is that? So the Ravens don't make the playoffs, Sean would just say, "well Jamal Lewis didn't add enough to the offense." And, if a listener DARE call him on it, he'd say, "YOU DON'T LISTEN TO WHAT I SAY, DO YOU? YOU'RE JUST A HATER, AREN'T YOU?"

To hell with him and his show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

Watch when he does Super Bowl predictions. He'll have 6 teams winning it. Plus he'll have 20 teams making the playoffs.