It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 7:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Quiet steak
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:18 pm 

I rarely have a chace to hear the show, but I did catch a bit today, and from the messages on the board I thought this was odd.

Just after 10 @ 10, Sean was going out of his way to be extra quiet and ask why Steve always had to shout. Rosey seemed to get a kick out of this - pot calling the kettle black and such.

Anyone else catch this, and did it continue?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

I caught it too, grad, and was going to post about it. It was like Salisbury was on Lithium - really creepy. If they finally learned at least this part, they are halfway to being decent.

The thing I noticed today though, was that there seemed to be a false rapport between the two.They kept taking pot shots at each other that friends wouldn't have a problem with, but with all of these they seemed like they weren't taking them well (Salisbury was really taking some cheap shots about Rosenbloom's marriage, etc). It was kind of uncomfortable, and I've never even met either of these two. Did anyone else think this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:12 pm 

Kind of a low blow on the marriage thing. My understanding is that Rosey is recently separated. I think the wounds are still pretty fresh. I doubt, although I don't know this to be true, that the divorce is even finalized.

I'm pretty sure Sean's marriage has been done for a longer period of time and he has quite obviously moved on. My guess is he thinks he can take a shot at Rosey because Sean figures he's been in the same boat - kind of like fat guys can make fun of fat guys - but when it is on the newer side, I don't really catch the humor at all.

I didn't hear this on the air though. Was there any humor in it or did it just seem like a cheap shot?

I think the on air interaction between hosts is an interesting dynamic. They often flirt with the sensitive issues going on with the other, but the other person is just suppose to take it and move on. I bet they often have to deal with whether they are suppose to be offended or not. I think the thought is, be a man and take it - everything is fair game in this business, but that isn't real life. I'm sure once the mics are off there is often uncomfortable discussion about cheap shots. Not only on this show - all of them. As long as it makes good radio, I'm sure they are encouraged to put their feelings on hold and go with it.

That all being said, I doubt this was good radio. Tell me if I'm wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Not listening but will be back July 1...I will say that Rosey ealry in the show's existence made fun of huimself a few times about marriage and let Sean go away and laughed about it. I don't think Sean low blow'ed him. I think they've both joked about each other's experience in the past.