It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Last Supper
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:42 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
OK, I just found out these two are having a World Cup contest with the winner get to eat a meal with these two guys. One of us has to win this thing and report back. I can't even imagine being with those two for an hour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:11 am 

I thought you weren't listening until July 1? Does the World Cup challenge change your plan so that you can try and win the dinner and represent the board? Or, are you just trying to get one of the other guys to win it so that you don't have to suffer through it, but will hear all about it? Fill us in, WR. Thanks.

I wonder if anyone on this board would try and win this thing and then go to dinner and actually slam them. I bet most of the critics would go there and be the perfect sports fan guest. Any bashers who would actually try and win and come clean to the guys?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:16 am 
1000 CLUB

The Irish Warrior wrote:
I thought you weren't listening until July 1? Does the World Cup challenge change your plan so that you can try and win the dinner and represent the board? Or, are you just trying to get one of the other guys to win it so that you don't have to suffer through it, but will hear all about it? Fill us in, WR. Thanks.

I wonder if anyone on this board would try and win this thing and then go to dinner and actually slam them. I bet most of the critics would go there and be the perfect sports fan guest. Any bashers who would actually try and win and come clean to the guys?

I'm not listening. The buddy next to my cubicle listens to it and heard it on their show and informed me. He knew I'd love a chance at that! Haha. Like I've said since day one (in the minority I know) I've been a fan of Sean's on The Huddle and ESPN. Rosey can be really funny. But this three hour show was a train wreck when I was listening. I've been told its gotten better, but again I will wait until July 1.

I don't think I'd go there and bash if I won, but I'd make it known that there show could be ten times better if the other 50% of communication on their show was used, listening.

On a side note, I am almost convinced Irish Warrior is someone at MVP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:21 am 

The Irish Warrior wrote:
I bet most of the critics would go there and be the perfect sports fan guest. Any bashers who would actually try and win and come clean to the guys?

Yep. Of course it would be classless to go and bash someone as they are giving you a free lunch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:40 am 

WR - Thanks for clarifying. I noticed in your first post that you said that you found out about the contest. I just wanted to see if it reeled you in before July 1.

No - not with MVP - just a fan. Honest. I am just not as jaded as a lot of people on the board. . . . . (yet?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:50 am 
1000 CLUB

Yea, I mean I was pissed when these guys booted off S&C, but I gave them a month shot and it was unbearable. Now, my buddy Jeff says they've gotten better. I'm waiting for July 1 to decide if I want to listen. Mully and Hanley hasn't been appointment radio by any means.

On the Jaded comment....
I'm not really "jaded" all that much. I don't like North's show and I probably have a total of five posts in there. B&B is great for an hour, but listening to the entire program makes me so negative on life that I don't want to even live by the end of it. I like MJH, and I like all three guys on the show unlike a lot of people on here. I listen to as much of S&C as I can these days since the time slot isn't great for me anymore. I like the show, but found it much better from nine to noon. They really had developed it into a well oiled machine. It had good structure, but now with evenings they basically had to change it up with that slot. Murph's a goon, but I do think has some good points from time to time. OK, sorry for this long boring post, but I thought I'd explain myself to the warrior more clearly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:25 am 

Actually, the "jaded" comment wasn't really directed at you. I find your posts pretty interesting and balanced. I just thought this thread would bring out the bashers who would all go full steam ahead pushing someone to go and annihilate these guys in person, when I agree that it would be in poor taste and probably not carried through by most anyway. Although I do think several posters could have a constructive discussion with them about their show and am all for them trying to win to do just that. I, like you, would love to hear about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

If someone wants to win this dinner and bash them in-person, be my guest. Me, personally, I would want nothing to do with any dinner with them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

I doubt I could swallow a single bite of food if I was sharing a table with former Battlebots host Sean Salisbury, I'd be too nauseous. Plus, anyone who listens to the show would know that you would not be able to get a word in edgewise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quit being a hater Woodridge Ryan. Salisbury will recreate Chicago sportsradio. Just watch him. ...too bad you can't see on radio though.

The show is teetering on 'irrelevant'. I love sportsradio, but I've been listening to old CDs lately. It's pretty sad state in Chicago sports radio when has-been bands like Nazareth, Krokus and Riot command more attention. Swords and Tequila carry me through the night....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beef Rockmore wrote:
Quit being a hater Woodridge Ryan.

HA! Salisbury would be proud. Hey, I'll give them another listen in a couple weeks and see if the acts any better. I do think its funny that a lot of people that don't necessarily even like Silvy and Carmen, wouldn't mind seeing them back in the 9 to noon shift. Be careful of what you wish for.