It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:07 am 
1000 CLUB

I remember when Sean started with ESPN. He was kind of X and O's guy and that was it and it was good. Somewhere along the way he decided to go to that "class" where you have to act like an ass on ESPN. You know the one. The same one Berman, Stu Scott and many others from there attended. Now he's a pig with a MIC. This guy is now a pud I have no time for. I've always liked Rosey but I will not waste my time with that nonsense.

By the way...The few times I've listened, It sounds like Sean is doing the show from a phone. Is that the case?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:57 am 

pizza_Place: Dan's Pizza, Downers Grove
I used to like Sean when he cameo'd on DP's show a few years ago, but at 9:50am on Friday, I just listed to that show for the last time. He was confronted by an articulate caller who was making points directly to Sean that EVERYONE has been talking about here since they started, and Sean jumped on the guy for having an opinion about Sean's lack of preparation and know-it-all attitude about Chicago sports. It was 3 minutes of Sean talking over and attacking the guy for bringing a negative opinion about the new show to the air.

He's a loudmouth, a buffoon and a bully. He has no tact, patience or class, and I'm done with the show. I'll listen to streaming radio or even the hot dog dropout for an hour instead of listening to this pabulum. This is garbage.

This show is easily the worst sports radio talk show in prime time that I can remember. I feel sorry for Rosie.

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:11 am 
1000 CLUB

Hawkism wrote:
I used to like Sean when he cameo'd on DP's show a few years ago, but at 9:50am on Friday, I just listed to that show for the last time. He was confronted by an articulate caller who was making points directly to Sean that EVERYONE has been talking about here since they started, and Sean jumped on the guy for having an opinion about Sean's lack of preparation and know-it-all attitude about Chicago sports. It was 3 minutes of Sean talking over and attacking the guy for bringing a negative opinion about the new show to the air.

He's a loudmouth, a buffoon and a bully. He has no tact, patience or class, and I'm done with the show. I'll listen to streaming radio or even the hot dog dropout for an hour instead of listening to this pabulum. This is garbage.

This show is easily the worst sports radio talk show in prime time that I can remember. I feel sorry for Rosie.

:roll:

YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT! WHAT, YOU HAVE TO HAVE SPENT X AMOUNT OF TIME IN CHICAGO TO HAVE AN OPI-I MEAN, ROSEY, COME ON! WHAT IS THIS GUY TALKING ABOUT! I-I-I-I- I JUST DON'T GET THESE CALLERS WHO CALL IN AND SAY THESE THINGS, BUT DON'T SUPPORT WHY THEY SAY IT OR WHO THEY ARE! COME ON! ROSEY, IS THIS WHAT YOU HAVE PUT UP WITH ALL THESE YEARS? HELP ME OUT HERE! NEXT CALLER!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:20 am 
1000 CLUB

i hate this guy...seriously. He interrupts everyone...but two days ago, Rosie was gonna interrupt him..what does this shitface say? "Don't interrupt, don't interrupt, don't interrupt"...Rosie didn't and let him finish his thought. When Rosie was going to debate that thought when he was done...all this effin' guy DID was interrupt ROSIE?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:28 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Yeah, I heard this as well. He truly is a loudmouth. And I, like the others, thought this guy was okay back in the day.

-Hank Kingsley

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:37 am 
1000 CLUB

Thing is, you can tell SOMEONE over there is relaying our thoughts, or management thinks the same as us. Everytime we have one of these threads, and it always boils down to Sean yelling and interrupting, the next day he comes on the air and acts like he got Keith Moon's leftover horse tranquilizers. But gradually, the true Sean returns. He is just not capable of succeeding here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:46 am 
1000 CLUB

Dead host yelling.

Let's do it for Johnny!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:47 am 

The odd thing is that all of these criticisms were brought up well before he came on the air locally. Take a look at posts when it was announced that he would be on the station.

At some point I'm sure the guy says, I am who I am. He does not have an incentive to change because he has equally lucrative gigs to fall back on.

I don't get a chance to listen to mid day shows. I would, however, like to reserve final judgement unitl football season starts.

Post subject: He's not even in Chicago
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:53 pm 

pizza_Place: PaPa Passero's Westmont
On his national show this weekend, he talked about how easy it is for him to broadcast from his home in Dallas. How can this be a local show when one of the hosts isn't even here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:28 am 

pizza_Place: Boboli
In my brief time of listening to these two, I've reached a couple of conclusions:

Rosie - will take a side of an argument simply to stoke what few listeners they have.

Sean - as stated above, a bully who uses yelling to "win" arguments and certainally sounds to be literally phoning it in (if I hear him refer to being a Mavericks season ticket holder one more time...mut be a hell of a commute).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:34 pm 

God, imagine Murph and Sean together. I don't know if either of them would finish a thought.

Post subject: What Excellent Remarks
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:20 pm 

These are just excellent comments and couldn't be more correct. I was prepared to write a similar post but these guys have covered it so accurately there is nothing I can do but take my hat off to them. Sean is just awful....unlistenable. It's unfortunate Rosenbloom,who brings a measure of knowledge,satire and style is being completely wasted with a stiff like Salsbury. These are dark days for WMVP with this waste of sportstalk space and Mac and Harry continuing to be off the air.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:28 am 
1000 CLUB

Crapowski.......

I do agree he sucks NOW as a X's and O's guy. I do remember when he first started with ESPN TV. He was adequate if thats a better term. Thats all gone now. Fact is, he's a punk now.