It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: HOW ABOUT A FRESH START?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Doesn't Rosey get credit for 10+ years of Decent Saturday Morning Radio in Chicago? and Sean, OK the guy need a small dose of humility, maybe a little self deprecating humor, maybe even just admittign you might be wrong about things like Dusty as a good manager based on him handling Bonds? As if his terrible handling of the Cubs team over the past 4 years didn't mean anything?

Now, give me a good contest, a prize, something cool? Rosey, How about a Poker Tourney?

Come on! The Door is wide open in this town.

Hit the rewind button and lets try this again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
i think rosie is great. he and baum worked perfectly on a saturday morning....

sometimes, sean gets it....he does his "quite" voice. he starts every show this way. listen to when he interviews guys on the huddle or this show. he does the quiet voice. and it works. but when they get loud.....
i don't know.
it's hard to listen to with work sh*t going on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

damnit....
spelling errors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

I'll keep trying to like them Bigfan but I really don't think there's much that can be done to improve this show with Sean still a part of it. As Jesse would say, "An elephant doesn't change his stripes".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:56 am 

pizza_Place: Boboli
I heard the show a few times when they first came on the air and gave up. I couldn't stand listening to two people yelling and arguing with each other (I could have just talked to my wife for that).

But, I've tuned in a few times since and it seems like they have a better flow going now. They are both still annoying in different ways, but it's easier to listen now.

Now, about those Rohrman commecials...did he have a stroke or something? He doesn't sound right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:19 pm 

I've been listening to this show periodically (while reading the board fairly regularly) and trying to figure out what I honestly think of Salisbury as a radio host. My opinion seems to change frequently, but I do think Salisbury sounded best when he sat with Mac a few months ago. Like it or not, he and Mac seemed to have good chemistry and for Salisbury to have success in this medium he needs a host like Mac to compliment him, not somebody who will constantly stoke his ire (a Rosey specialty..and god bless him for it.)

I flip-flop on whether he would be better on a three-man show or if his head would explode sharing even more air time than he currently does. To me, he could possibly be a fun listen with Mac as the driver, Sean as a #2 and the right #3 (Jurk? Could Jurk and Salisbury be like co-#2s?). I think Salisbury respects Mac and MIGHT not be so flippant with him. He and a #3 could have some spirited sparring at times, but Mac could drive that puppy in or out of those encounters.

Then again...maybe not. I guess I just want to believe that his knowledge has a place on the air in Chicago. Excuse me while I light myself on fire.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:35 pm 

OPV-

I think you are actually on to a couple of points here. I do think Salisbury would be much better with Mac . . . for about a year. I think Mac would rein him in quite a bit and coax out some better stuff, but I guess I have doubts on how long it would last. I think a couple of ratings books with Mac size numbers would make Salisbury bust out of his 2nd or 3rd slot roll and want to dominate the conversation more. Mac would challenge him, of course, and I think we are back to square one. I'm not sure Mac is ready for a co-host who doesn't know his roll and thinks there is a double standard. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

I don't understand why there is this perceived NEED from some on this board to like Salisbury. He has been on for a while, he has showcased the same dog and pony act with little to no change. If you don't like him now, why does pounding yourself over the head with him make you like him? Is this like the radio version of Stockholm Syndrome? I don't get it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Mac Murphy, nicely summed up. I pretty much agree with that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:40 am 

You get the feeling that Salisbury was one of those tots that liked to brag that he "made a poopy." Here is hoping that he will soon realize that us Chitown listeners will not deal with his shtick for long.

And it sure seems like he has been on the John Kruk diet lately, huh? Lay off the doughnuts, your Royal Pudginess!

Post subject: Bring back Sily & Carm
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Rico's in Homewood, IL
I am not a big fan of Carm, but I wish those two would come back. Sean Suck-isbury and the poker nerd have brought nothing new to the table. They stole ten at ten and have added nothing new. If their best idea for a contest win is dinner with them, their 'on crack' as SUCK-isbury wouls say. I wouldn't mind the dinner as long as they didn't come. I understand that Space needed to strengthen the line-up with no Bulls or White Soxs in the evening but this was a bad mix. I used to like the poker nerd with Baum on Saturdays but, it seems he has changed now that he is on everyday wit a bigger audience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:09 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
He did buy us shots on Friday...so....lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:41 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Quote:
I don't understand why there is this perceived NEED from some on this board to like Salisbury. He has been on for a while, he has showcased the same dog and pony act with little to no change. If you don't like him now, why does pounding yourself over the head with him make you like him?
Good post.

Salisbury is okay with John Clayton and on highlight shows as mentioned. I like/tolerate him there so I keep giving this show a chance. I'm also partial to local programming.

The 3 hours of his jock card playing, yelling, girl sniffing, too cool for the room act is garbage. I dislike him with the intensity of a white hot heat from a thousand angry suns. Everyday I'm quicker and quick to punch the button.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:45 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
double post

Last edited by Spaulding on Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:36 am 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
girl sniffing.....I dislike him with the intensity of a white hot heat from a thousand angry suns. Everyday I'm quicker and quick to punch the button.

girl sniffing? :o

that's pretty intense... :D