It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Piersall vs. Salisbury
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:21 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Alright, I'm breaking my boycott of Salisbury/Rosenbloom today at 10:40am as I was just informed Piersall is going to come on the show. While I don't think much of Piersall as a radio guy, apparently these two have been calling each other names and telling eah other how much the other one sucks. Anyone know the scoop on this? To me this will be appointment radio because its going to be funny asl hell. We get to hear TWO No Talent Ass Clowns today while Rosenbloom probably makes fun of both of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:23 am 
1000 CLUB

Yeah this should be interesting. I think it started last week or the week before when on Piersall's show he called out Sean for one of his many moronic comments. I forget what it was specifically but Piersall pretty much said he was a bufoon. First cogent thought by him in recent memory.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:27 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
This all started with that Konerko to left feild crap. This should be very interesting....or completely boring. I guess we'll find out soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:29 am 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
This all started with that Konerko to left feild crap. This should be very interesting....or completely boring. I guess we'll find out soon.

Yeah, how could I forget. I guess it just got lost in the shuffle with all the other stupid things he says. That Konerko to left really takes the cake though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:30 am 
1000 CLUB

I'm liking this. Anyone know the whole background on their spat? Hawkeye seems to have some of it. What set these two off?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:36 am 
1000 CLUB

After Piersall made his rip into Sean, the clip was played on the next S&R show and Sean apparently felt the need to defend his manhood and opinions and went off on Piersall. Said something to the effect about him not having a clue and that his next thought would be his first. Been referencing it and keeps bringing it up being quite defensive ever since.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

Man are you guys suckers for this old radio trick. When nobody is listening (and few are listening to Salisbury or Piersall these days), the old trick is to just create a little conflict to juice the numbers. And you guys bought it, hook line and sinker. Salisbury and Spaceball seem to be two guys who could care less whether you like them, agree with them or respect them. They created a little conflict and got you to listen today. They could be reading this board right now laughing at you and how they reeled you in and got you to listen.

You guys can write pages and pages of critiques about this show on this board. You can email them all you like. I would argue that you when you do that, you are working against your professed desire to improve the show. Space and Salisbury will note that every comment on this board and every email sent to them means you're listening. That's what they want.

If you give up the show, then may I suggest you be consistent and also give up writing about it. Ignoring them completely is the only language these dolts will understand. I always wondered what would happen to a radio show if NOBODY called and NOBODY emailed. I think they'd notice that. Until then, unfortunately, they'll probably be around. And the listeners and emailers have only themselves to blame.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Ha! The bastards didn't fool me. F*ck you Seannycakes and Spaceball.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

Coast, I realized this was just that. And I admit, they got me. I had to hear Salisbury and Piersall go at it. Salisbury is an asshole as he proved today. I am done now. I won't listen ever again. He is such a jerk..man. I couldn't believe the way he acted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:04 am 

How long until the books come out? I'm curious to see if we're a vocal minority (in not liking the show) or if the greater Chicagoland area feels the same. Along the same line, anyone have a good link to see the results from previous quarters ratings?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

I don't know if the first book will be a very good indicator of how this show is going to do. I've never professionally worked in radio, I've only done TV so I'm as up to snuff as you guys are on how long of the period the book looks at. Couple things to think about when checking out their ratings. 1.) This book maybe a half S&C and half S&R. 2.) As stated before, the ratings that we get to look at only shows certain time frames. Their show will get cut up from 10am - 2pm slot so we'll get some DP rating in their which traditionally has lowered that ratings time frame. Maybe we can get some insider info on the 9 to noon rating. 3.) This is a new show and with the promotion and hype of Sean Salisbury I've got to think numbers might have initially gone up due to curiousity. No matter if the number is way down or high, I'm not going to put much stock in this one. I think the second book for these boys will really tell us where they're at. Here's hoping the rating is embarrassingly low though I don't think that will be the case.