It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:51 am 
1000 CLUB

I'm listening to this right now and Sean will NEVER recover from this embarassment. He has been rude, ignorant, disrespectful, and completely classless to Piersall. I will never have any respect for this guy after how he treated Jimmy just now. I even recorded it and am going to upload the file so you can all hear what a complete ass Sean is. I can't even describe it. Take a listen for yourself. I'll be back in a few with the audio file.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:57 am 
1000 CLUB

Here's the download link from yousendit. I've been having a ton of problems with that site lately so if it doesn't work, hopefully someone here can host it. Or PM me with your email if you want it and I'll email it to you.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... 47634EF5A4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:58 am 

pizza_Place: Pete's
typical salisbury. talk louder and interupt. what a prick!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:03 am 

pizza_Place: Pete's
isn't sean a self described red sox fan? just because he knows his favorite teams second baseman doesnt mean shit. man i hate this guy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:03 am 

Thanks for the link ... I think.

It did work, it was just rather painful to hear. At least Sean didn't ask him out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:15 am 
1000 CLUB

EIU grad wrote:
Thanks for the link ... I think.

It did work, it was just rather painful to hear. At least Sean didn't ask him out.

Actually, near the end he DOES ask him out. Something about going out together for a coffee. I just sent them this email. I know they won't read it on the air and I wasted my time even writing it but wanted to vent.

You are a complete tool after how you just treated Piersall in that interview. Not only did you intentionally try to screw him up and confuse him (2nd baseman for Boston) but you were completely disrespectful, unprofessional, and outright rude. You pulled the “can I finish” thing you like to always do with him and then whenever he speaks after that all you do is interrupt him.

Have some damn respect for people instead of trying to feed your self inflated ego by putting down a 75 year old man whose job is to only comment on CUBS AND SOX BASEBALL. Not memorizing who plays for every team in MLB. You have this dumbass idea to put Konerko in left and when NOBODY agrees with you, you refuse to back off and admit it was a stupid idea. Instead you defend this position for over a week and then embarrass Piersall because of it. You obviously have a poor memory because you weren’t just saying “if you wanted him in the lineup he has to play left”, you were promoting that this be done for the NL games and defending it with every caller and emailer by saying how he’s an athlete, blah blah blah.

I’m sure you’ll just dump this out or read it on the radio calling me a dumbass or that I should open my ears and listen which just proves how thick headed and ignorant you really are. This show will never improve until you learn a bit about contrition and being humble and respectful. Sean, I hope you feel really intelligent, smart, and tough after what you did to Jimmy. Rosenbloom, I really feel for you. Too bad you had to even be present for that embarrassment.

-Eric

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:25 am 

pizza_Place: Boboli
It would be one thing if Sean was defending his postion with facts and logic, but all he does is try to talk (or yell) louder and make personal attacks. What an f'ing buffoon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:45 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Well said Hawkeye. I have been trying to give this show a chance, but have been finding it increasingly difficult to listen to everyday. The interview with Jimmy was pointless and annoying. While I have not yet completly given up on the show yet, I'm getting close.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:51 am 

This is just who Sean is. His "discussions" on ESPN with John Clayton always turn into him calling Clayton a skinny little wimp (or something else intelligent like that) because he can't keep up on a factual or informational level. I have no idea why he keeps getting jobs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:14 pm 

I am trying to figure out what he was trying to acomplish with this posture. Even if he was correct he was bound tolook bad. Unfortunately he was not correct.

That was a pathetic attempt to prove that he knows more than simply football.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:28 pm 

Quote:
I always thought that was an act.

I did too until I heard more of Sean on this show. It's pretty clear to me that it's no act. He's just a putz.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:52 pm 

Quote:
Actually, near the end he DOES ask him out. Something about going out together for a coffee.

You're right - spoke too soon.

Unreal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:56 pm 

I just want to preface this by saying after 24 years, I moved to Arizona, where sports radio is the worst. Imagine Salisbury every day. Name dropping ex jocks or coaches are who rule the radio here.

At any rate, Mac by far is the best in Chicago. After that, it's Silvy. Outside of the Mac, Jurko and Harry show, whoever is choosing the pairings is doing a horrible job.

Its time to hang it up for North and Boers. Actually, it would be interesting to see them together.

Salisbury is the worst I've heard in any market. I don't know he keeps getting his jobs. Maybe because he's a good ole boy who gets loaded all the time and hits and trys to make out with 20 year old girls (a sight I've seen myself personally). I'd rather have Dibble and Rosy every day, Salsbury is truly unlistenable.

Anyways, good message board, I'll contribute when I can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
hawkeye...
how did you get the audio for this anyway?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Hawkeye...you know what pisses me off the most? Is that you are going to have ESPN guys sit here and try to tell us how great Sean is and how we need to give him a chance. MULTIPLE CHANES were given to this guy. He's one of the biggest assholes I've ever heard. I officially can't stand him on this show. He's much better on The Huddle. He came off like a real prick and yes, I did catch the fact he asked him who the Red Sox second baseman was. If I asked Salisbury who the Blue Jays second baseman was do you think he'd be able to get it right away? Probably not. Can't believe he used his favorite team as an exampl. Who in the hell does he think he's fooling? Apparently ESPN management. What a fuckin hypocrite how he uses the ex-jock line to his advantage for arguements and then, when Jimmy didn't use the ex-baseball player to back himself up, Sean mocked him for being an ex-ball player so he knows more. Sean, you are officially a NO TALENT BITCH. Get out of this town....oh wait, you are. You'rein Dallas, but hey "you got a condo inChicago" wink wink. Fuck You

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:00 pm 

Thanks for providing the audio of this....It confirms what everyone has opined about Sean Salsbury. Is there any chance WMVP will abandon "Chicago sportsradio's next superstar" and rid the airwaves of this arrogant,egotistical bully who has supplanted Jim Rose as Chicago's worst sports media personality. Piersall handled it well to his credit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I don't really even care for Piersall at all and I just for horrible for him. Sean tried to humiliate him and, anyone who has listened to both guys knows it was Sean that only made an ass out of himself

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

Sean is your classic meathead ex jock. I don't classify every ex athlete that way (in fact I think Jurko is smarther then people give him credit) How Sean has gained such favor with people in the industry is remarkable. Give him the 5 minutes on Sports Center. Fine. But he's had a shot with Patrick and he's gotton a gig here. He's a jerk. He might know football but most guys on this board know more about all other sports then he ever will.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

Coach Crapowski wrote:
Hawk's audio sounds like a show broadcast live from Pappyland! Is that Licorice?

Ha, not lic but Sam. She saw a nasty rot outside the window when taping and went nuts. Plus I was recording it in my office so the phone was ringing half way through. Better than nothing though right? Oh, and Sean sucks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
No worries, dude. I just laughed my ass off when the phone went off. I was fully expecting you to chime in with "We are LIIIVE at Pappyland!"

Shows how screwed up my priorities are. It was a call from the customer I'm in Houston for and I didn't answer it so the recording wouldn't be screwed up. Nice life I have :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Marinos-EGV
What a shock, Sean being a complete ass, thats a new one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:25 am 

The best line of the whole interview was when Sean was talking about who the second baseman for the Red Sox and because Jimmy didn't know the answer he doesn't know baseball. Then Sean says Mark Loretta which in Sean's mind means he knows baseball. I think I'm going to apply for a job as a baseball analyst in Chicago or at ESPN because I know every second baseman in the league. Sean, you're such a dick, leave Jimmy alone. One more thing Sean you don't know baseball. Get the hell out of Chicago Sean1!! :x :x :!: :!: