It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Quote:
The rock, paper, scissors championship, and poker are both carried by the mother-ship. That's called synergy.

No. That is not synergy. That is called planting mother-ship kissing yes men puppets. Are you telling me RPS championship discussion is compelling sports radio? Couple that with Salisbury asking everyone for dates, discussing women, and where to meet them is just bad sports radio. If I want to hear a horny, egotistical, ass hat I can listen to Mancow.

Quote:
Steve and Sean have had more recognizable names on the air in a month

Mac's quote "Don't confuse activity with accomplishment." applies here. They need to do interviews they have no original material of their own to discuss. Sean can only yell for so long. The interviews break up the 3 hours so he doesn't lose his voice.

I barely notice Rosenbloom on the show. When I do notice him, it's more arrogance and sarcasm. It's just too much. IMO This show is as bad as Mariotti's ever was.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:32 am 

[quote="grillboy"]Gentleman, thank-you for proving my point about the lack of intelligence in this forum. non withstanding), quote]

It looks like you are going to fit in very well.

NOTwithstanding is one word.

I suppose your type of intelligence is geared more to the sciences.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:38 am 

grillboy wrote:
Hey Woodridge, what kind of defect do you have when it comes to understanding the english language.

it was at this junction .

derth .

I hope this was intentional.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:49 am 
1000 CLUB

gd, just ignore this pud, he'll lose steam and go away. He comes here looking to start and continue fights, and if you respond to him he'll keep going.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:12 am 

I don't have a problem with him posting opinions that differ from the majority. I also don't have a problem with people displaying improper spelling and usage on the internet. I welcome grillboy and hope he stays.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:46 pm 

Thank-you good dolphin. Its that type of attitude that leads to healthy, and fun debates. You can't take anything seriously in here, but I'll gladly accept your hospitality.

Dearth, stupid fingers, typing to fast. In my defense, "derth" is a an accepted spelling according to dictionary.com, but not Webster's, so I really don't know where I am going with this one. "non withstanding" is a proper term that can be hyphenated or unhyphenated, so that one is correct. Not to sure about "this junction" unless improper sentence structure, or run on, which is practically an every day occurrence for me. Thanks for keeping me honest good dolphin, I look forward to many intelligent debates.

P.S. Its really history, poly sci, and psych.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Grillboy when did I say Silvy and Carmen were pulled because Slvy doesn't know the NHL? I never said that. I can also play this game with you where you twist things if that how you want to be.

All I was doing was commenting that I doubt this hurt Silvy all that much at the station. I'm fine with a disagreement, but don't start telling me something I said when I never did. I never said that you said they were pulled because Silvy didn't know the NHL. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:00 pm 

pizza_Place: grimaldis
grillboy --- you have to understand the woody is a lapdog for silvy and carmen. silvy or carmen could get busted for child molestation and woody would be on this board defending them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:41 pm 

[quote="Woodridge Ryan"]I never said that you said they were pulled because Silvy didn't know the NHL. Thanks.[/quote]

Because I cannot figure out how to place two different quotes on one post, you will need to read the next post to see how wrong you are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:46 pm 

[quote="Woodridge Ryan"][quote]Let's see here grillboy. You give two reasons why Silvy eroded any legitimacy with the station. You clearly state one reason is the fact he doesn't understand the NHL. [/quote]

Woody, I believe this is your quote. Are you really that obtuse that you don't even remember what you wrote. This is so easy, it isn't even fun anymore. I receive more of a challenge playing my 5 1/2 year old in chess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:50 pm 

[quote="Deacon Blues"]grillboy --- you have to understand the woody is a lapdog for silvy and carmen. silvy or carmen could get busted for child molestation and woody would be on this board defending them.[/quote]

I'll take your word for it. That really made me laugh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:50 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Againg grillboy, you are the one that actually stated this in your earlier post

Silvy eroded any legitimacy with the station

That doesn't mean this is why the two were bumped. I don't remember in that sentence where it states "Silvy and Carmen were bumped because Silvy does not know the NHL."

You did say this..
Quote:
Also, Silvy did state on several occasions, on air, that he did not understand the game or know the rules of hockey, and did not want to learn them. Again, not a good thing if you co-host a show in the city of an original six team. In my many conversations with Mr. Schwartz (a clue perhaps?), he reiterated the amount of complaints he presonally received about those repeated on air statements, and how it was eroding the listener base.

I'm done with it anyway. You are going to continue to play this mindless game for whatever reason.

By the way, weird how it was "eroding" their listener base when their listenership had increased beating the North show in the 9-10 slot and beating Mully from 10 - 12. Actuallly, they beat both of them pretty handily before Space yanked them. Again, I'm done though because your type of discussion is to play word games the entire time and not actually talk about the actual subject matter.[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:22 am 

grillboy wrote:

Dearth, stupid fingers, typing to fast. In my defense, "derth" is a an accepted spelling according to dictionary.com, but not Webster's, so I really don't know where I am going with this one. "non withstanding" is a proper term that can be hyphenated or unhyphenated, so that one is correct. Not to sure about "this junction" unless improper sentence structure, or run on, which is practically an every day occurrence for me. Thanks for keeping me honest good dolphin, I look forward to many intelligent debates.

I'm not the English police here but for the sake of argument:

1) You would be better off trusting webster

2) i may have to do some research on it if i ever come up with the proper amount of care

3) you meant at this juncture not junction

4) you are missing the best one of all-unless you meant that they are like a cartoon character or a greek epic poet.

Again, I would not have cared about any of this if you had not questioned people's facility with english in your posts. You cannot do that and then make these mistakes. It makes you look foolish.

Welcome but tone down the personal insult until you are here long enough to know for sure that we are stupid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:04 am 

Thank-you again good dolphin. Regarding no. 4, I predicate my whole life on the teachings of Bugs Bunny, Tom and Jerry, and all things cartoons.

You are absolutely correct, it dose make someone look foolish.

Thanks for the advice, you are correct again, and I shall heed it. The "mindless first quote" post riled me up. I'm glad you realize this is all in good fun. I'll try to refrain from the personal attacks, unless warranted. Sorry, Woody.