It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: This show sucks!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:26 pm 

All of us serious sports talk listeners can tell when a show is going nowhere. Are there contractual reasons why management has to keep a show on the air or is it because management refuses to admit they made a big mistake? The Score stuck with the inept Telander, hopefully ESPN will not make the same mistake with this debacle.

Not a big fan of Carmen, but will gladly take S&C from 9-noon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:42 pm 

I think this show is MVP's Murph.

Except Murph has a few fans.

Good to hear Mac hammering Rosenbloom for having that hockey guy on. I couldn't believe he had that crap on during baseball season and the day after the NBA draft.

Poker is shut-off-the-radio programming, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:22 am 
1000 CLUB

WTF is with this show!

In the last three weeks, I have only listened to this show on TWO occassions. Three weeks ago, they have some paper, rock, scissors promoter on. WTF! Yesterday, they have a poker champ on. HUHH??

Thank goodness for Mac slamming them for that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:46 am 

pizza_Place: Deep dish - Giordano's
Regular - Nancys
Wonder if anybody went to JB for the remote. Sounds like they had a "raucous" crowd at the rejoin but the producers and wait staff can only do so much.
The only way I could listen to these two is through the haze of morning alcohol.

Quote:
"Mac" I've heard from Hollywood insiders that Jodie Foster is Asexual

Quote:
"Jurko" A sexual what Mac? ,,,,,,,Dynamo??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:17 pm 

I'll second all of this. This show is awful. I'm beginning to thing that Spaceball is the radio equal to Isiah Thomas. Bring in all the morons you can and think it's going to be gold. C'mon. Why are you bringing in a washed-up never-has-been and a bitter old man who thinks he's cool cause he plays poker? Bring Silvy & Carmen back to the 9-12 spot!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Maybe the whole 'Interviewing people associated with crazy sports' is their shtick. If so, why were Silvy & Carmen bumped to the night shift? So we can here about the retierment of a copetitive food eater? I'm done with this crap now. I've finally had enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Coach Crapowski wrote:
I can't believe they REALLY had a rock paper scissors promoter on. When Tiny mentioned it during Mac's rant, I thought it was one of his dumbass jokes.

LOL! I thought the exact same thing Coach!

I'm waited with bated breath for their interview with the Roman knuckles champ. :roll:

Post subject: everyone is high
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:56 pm 

Are you kidding me. This show is the only original programming on MVP right now. The rock, paper, scissors championship, and poker are both carried by the mother-ship. That's called synergy. I for one am happy to hear something/anything different, rather than the same old fire Dusty, and Ozzie is great for/ruining this team. If given even have the timetable MJH was given in the beginning, this show will be kicking everyone's ass in the ratings.

F--- Mac for slamming this show. He has much bigger things to worry about. Instead of looking over his shoulder, he should try to think of something original to say other than "Fatha" and the same lame repetitive movie quotes every five minutes. You want to talk about a tired, stale, overplayed, resting on its supposed laurels show, look no further than MJH. I like many, many other people, enjoyed the respite the lat two weeks. Mac should get his own affairs in order before getting into anyone else's business. If he is worried about the station, Mac should look no further than the mirror.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

Super informative first post for those with a child like mind. Just how many names are you going to create to say the same stupid things about Salsibury's suckfest?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Dan's Pizza, Downers Grove
Poker, Spelling Bees and Rock, Scissors, Paper are not real good ways to get new and loyal listeners in the 3rd largest sports radio market in the country. Following up this week's sports stories with crap like that is a good way to make people change the channel.

Too many other things that Chicago sports fans want to talk about... crap, even Bears football has more thud factor in June than the crap they were pushing.

Garbage. Please, stop listening already. It's really easy and makes you much happier to not watch that car accident.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:09 pm 

Hawkism wrote:
Poker, Spelling Bees and Rock, Scissors, Paper are not real good ways to get new and loyal listeners in the 3rd largest sports radio market in the country. Following up this week's sports stories with crap like that is a good way to make people change the channel.

Still waiting for them to interview the World Paintball champions and members of either Chicagoland area LaCrosse teams.

A--A Leafblower

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:58 pm 

Quote:
I can't believe they REALLY had a rock paper scissors promoter on. When Tiny mentioned it during Mac's rant, I thought it was one of his dumbass jokes

Wait, that wasn't a joke?

Hmmm...confirms correct call not to listen anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:13 pm 

[quote="Score is doomed"]Super informative first post for those with a child like mind. Just how many names are you going to create to say the same stupid things about Salsibury's suckfest?[/quote]

Child like mind. Just writing to the level I'm reading. Figure most of you people must be Sun-Times or USA Today guys. Can't read at a level higher than 5th grade. Clearly, the sheepskin is lacking in many a poster's back pocket in this forum.

As for creating new names. Must say you are greatly misinformed on that one. If you are this bad at reading people, you must be a real treat at a poker table. They must call you Mr. ATM.

The facts remain. Steve and Sean have had more recognizable names on the air in a month, than Carmen and Silvy had their entire time in the same slot. Heck they even bested the vaunted MJH yesterday(pretty much everyday). The had the linebackers coach/head of recruiting from Northwestern the morning after the coach died. On a remote no less. You didn't here that on MJH.

Post subject: ds
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
MJH had Ted Albrecht on and on a remote.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:23 pm 

Who cares how many recognizable names they have on? That's not how you rate the quality of a radio show. They could have Jesus Christ join them in studio for an hour. But if Sean and Rosenbloom can't be entertaining, then it doesn't do any good.

If you listen to MJH you must know that their philosophy is not to do many interviews. They're better when it's just them three. So to compare Sean and Steve to MJH based on the bigness of names is pointless. Not to mention that MJH is the most successful sports talk show in Chicago radio history. I highly doubt Sean and Steve would ever come close to approaching those kinds of numbers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:26 am 

hey grillboy,

you can recognize names all you want. i have been listening to chicago sports radio like many on this board for many years. i recognize that salisbury and rosenbloom will not have CLOSE to the ratings that carmen and silvy had. any wager??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:16 am 

One book, or ratings period at no.1 does not make you the most successful sports talk show in Chicago history. Especially, when the last ratings book has them falling back to Earth. That is what you call an anomaly. You are witnessing the real numbers now, not inflated, Sox residual numbers. They were in the right place at the right time.

I can't believe the love fest for Carmen and Silvy. All credibility is lost when those two are brought into the argument. They just plain sucked. No one could drive that show. They were a constant contradiction to what they said a day or week before. They are two Homer's with there own show. Who did they have pictures of? There should be a rule that if you don't understand the principals of the four major sports leagues, you should not be a host. Silvy's constant blather about not understanding the N.H.L., and not wanting to take the time to learn, eroded any legitimacy he may have brought to the radio station. The whispers were that is one of the reasons they were yanked from the daytime slot. A note to the rest of you in here, don't flaunt your ignorance.

Regarding the numbers. I'll take that bet. The weekly Arbitron numbers, which make up the final book, show them ahead of where Carmen and Silvy were. This will be akin to shooting fish in a barrel, or taking candy from a baby. You guys terrible at getting inside information around here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:25 am 

grillboy wrote:
I can't believe the love fest for Carmen and Silvy. All credibility is lost when those two are brought into the argument. They just plain sucked. No one could drive that show. They were a constant contradiction to what they said a day or week before. They are two Homer's with there own show. Who did they have pictures of? There should be a rule that if you don't understand the principals of the four major sports leagues, you should not be a host. Silvy's constant blather about not understanding the N.H.L., and not wanting to take the time to learn, eroded any legitimacy he may have brought to the radio station. The whispers were that is one of the reasons they were yanked from the daytime slot. A note to the rest of you in here, don't flaunt your ignorance.

Huh??? Carmen and Silvy are off because they didn't understand hockey? I love hockey but Chicago Sports talk radio hasn't included hockey in the discussion for years. Speaking of looking at the numbers, Hockey isn't even in the four majors anymore with Golf and NASCAR garnering far superior ratings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:45 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Grillboy, can you give examples of the sports talk shows done locally where the hosts talk hockey? Oh wait, you can't. And Carmen knows plenty about the NHL, it just isn't a topic discussed in this town. Maybe they got the boot because they don't understand rock, paper, scissors quite like your boys Salisbury and Rosenbloom do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:05 am 

grillboy wrote:
They are two Homer's with there own show. A note to the rest of you in here, don't flaunt your ignorance.

I could not read these two sentences together without laughing to the point of tears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:09 am 
1000 CLUB

Grillboy is probably one of the 17 children of Sean's across the country hoping to get some attention from daddy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:42 am 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
Grillboy is probably one of the 17 children of Sean's across the country hoping to get some attention from daddy.

I think all of them read Teddy's article and signed up on here to promote Salisbury - that explains the recent rise in lame posts.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:50 pm 

Gentleman, thank-you for proving my point about the lack of intelligence in this forum. Not once did I state that Carmen and Silvy were pulled off for not talking about hockey. Nor did I state anything about any show discussing or not discussing hockey. What I stated is that when any host of any sports talk radio show openly states he doesn't know anything about, or care to learn anything about one of the four major sports leagues (the lowbrow, fat mans games of golf and Nascar, non withstanding), he loses credibility. This was a source of many complaints fielded by the now departed Mr. Schwartz. It was also rumored that it was that type of attitude, or unwillingness to learn, that helped make a difficult decision on pulling the plug, a little bit easier. Yes, Carmen does know hockey. Unfortunately he was never allowed to showcase his knowledge due to the handcuffing by his on air partner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

Grillboy wrote:
Quote:
(the lowbrow, fat mans games of golf and Nascar, non withstanding)

So Golf is lowbrow? Man those lowbrow, fatmen paying 80k a year for country club memberships keep the shittiest doublewides, don't they?

Quote:
thank-you for proving my point about the lack of intelligence in this forum

Keep posting, you're doing a fine job on your own.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:12 am 

[quote="Ozmodiar"]Grillboy wrote:
[quote] (the lowbrow, fat mans games of golf and Nascar, non withstanding)[/quote]

So Golf is lowbrow? Man those lowbrow, fatmen paying 80k a year for country club memberships keep the shittiest doublewides, don't they?

[quote]thank-you for proving my point about the lack of intelligence in this forum[/quote]

Keep posting, you're doing a fine job on your own.[/quote]

Your response does have merit. Unfortunately for you, it actually further proves my point. You really should think things out before responding. This lack of foresight is indicative of a person not very good at chess. Am I correct in that assumption? Regardless, on to the point.

I think it is safe to say 90-95%of all members at country clubs suck at the game of golf. At least the ones I frequent they do. So I would have to ask, is it not lowbrow to be handing over 80K a year to play something you suck at? Also, I haven't seen too many chiseled physiques at the old club. Watching the teley, it shows the same thing. Those are not Adonises walking around out there. So yes, it is a fat mans game. Oh wait, if it is not lowbrow, how come golfers need a caddy to tell them what to do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:47 am 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
Silvy's constant blather about not understanding the N.H.L., and not wanting to take the time to learn, eroded any legitimacy he may have brought to the radio station.

Let's see here grillboy. You give two reasons why Silvy eroded any legitimacy with the sation. You clearly state one reason is the fact he doesn't understand the NHL. I don't think you know what you are talking about here. Silvy understands the game of hockey. He understands the NHL. He, however, isn't knowledgeable about the NHL at this time, much like every other person on air in the city. There's a difference between knowing current information about a subject and understanding how a subject works. If you feel Salisbury gives you all of things, great for you. I mean, he talked so much NHL in that first month I listened to the program during the NHL playoffs. Silvy also not the only one to publicly say he isn't following the NHL these days. No one is dying for this information on sports talk radio right now around here anyway. I am sure this hasn't hurt him one bit at the station. If you want to continue to believe Salisbury's bullshit that he really does watch men's and women's tennis, loves watching F1 racing, and will sit down and watch the WNBA more power to you. If you think this is something you cherish in your sports talk radio host, then don't listen around here. I find a freshness in guys like Silvy, Mac, hell...Bernsie, Boers, etc that they aren't going to bullshit you and say they are folloing the French Open or the WNBA or the NHL. Salisbury's another Bristol bullshitting ass kisser and everyone can see right through it...well everyone except you and the other 16 youngin's grasping for attention from daddy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:42 am 
1000 CLUB

grillboy wrote:
Score is doomed wrote:
Super informative first post for those with a child like mind. Just how many names are you going to create to say the same stupid things about Salsibury's suckfest?

Child like mind. Just writing to the level I'm reading. Figure most of you people must be Sun-Times or USA Today guys. Can't read at a level higher than 5th grade. Clearly, the sheepskin is lacking in many a poster's back pocket in this forum.

As for creating new names. Must say you are greatly misinformed on that one. If you are this bad at reading people, you must be a real treat at a poker table. They must call you Mr. ATM.

The facts remain. Steve and Sean have had more recognizable names on the air in a month, than Carmen and Silvy had their entire time in the same slot. Heck they even bested the vaunted MJH yesterday(pretty much everyday). The had the linebackers coach/head of recruiting from Northwestern the morning after the coach died. On a remote no less. You didn't here that on MJH.

I see you suffer from the same mental disorder as Sean does. A legend in his own mind or in your case, mindlessness. How's your little buddy, broncosfan? Hope Sean pays you well to try to inflate his unimportantness in Chicago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:08 pm 

Hey Woodridge, what kind of defect do you have when it comes to understanding the english language. I never once stated that one of the reasons C&S were pulled was because of Silvy's lack of hockey knowledge. I stated that it was his unwillingness to learn about hockey, and the fact that he flaunted his lack of knowledge. Also, Silvy did state on several occasions, on air, that he did not understand the game or know the rules of hockey, and did not want to learn them. Again, not a good thing if you co-host a show in the city of an original six team. In my many conversations with Mr. Schwartz (a clue perhaps?), he reiterated the amount of complaints he presonally received about those repeated on air statements, and how it was eroding the listener base. Its O.K. not to be knowledgable about something, but don't tell your listners you don't care, becasues guess what, they won't care about you, and will change the dial. For the third time now, it was at this junction that it became an issue, and this is just one of the many issues that lead to them thankfully being yanked.

Now Woody, (may I call you Woody) this defect of yours when it comes to the english language. Never once have I complaind, or even mentioned anything in regards to the derth of conversation on the airwaves about hockey. I don't know why you felt it necessary to pontificate about the state of hockey, and how it relates to Chicago radio. If you can show me one of my quotes in which I specifically complained about no one talking about hockey on the radio, please do so. If not, may I advise you to travel to a local bookstore, and pick up a hooked-on-phonics cd or book. Somewhere in your melon there is a disconnect between what you read, and what was stated. I'm sure this problem has lead you to many job searches, and probablly a divorce or two.

Finally, it is not Salisbury I'm throwing the props to. Its Rosey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:21 pm 

[quote="Woodridge Ryan"][quote]Silvy's constant blather about not understanding the N.H.L., and not wanting to take the time to learn, eroded any legitimacy he may have brought to the radio station. [/quote]

[quote]He, however, isn't knowledgeable about the NHL at this time, much like every other person on air in the city.[/quote]

Hey Woody, wrong again. Rosey, Carmen, Murphy, Rome, and the boys at Sporting News Radio all understand hockey, and the current N.H.L. Now don't say anything about the names I mentioned. I realize they are not the greatest collection of on air talent. But they all now the N.H.L., and they are all currently on the air in Chicago. So yet again, factually incorrect. Do you ever get tired of being this wrong, all the time.

Now don't worry, you can still keep dirtying your knees for Mac. I mean, you need to have something going for you.