It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Chet this Tuesday
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:04 am 
1000 CLUB

From Teddy's column in the Trib today...

Chet Coppock will fill in for "Salisbury and Rosenbloom" Tuesday on WMVP-AM 1000 from 9 a.m.-noon. The theme of his show: "Coppock takes on his critics." Phone lines will be wide open. …

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:00 am 

Great move -- put this show on the 4th when nobody will be listening. This way, when nobody calls, Chet can assume he has no critics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:03 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
HA! Good point. Alright all you critics, come after me! On your vacation time when no one will bother to listen to sports talk radio from 9 to noon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

I actually disagree with this "nobody listens on holidays". Most people are in there office from 9-12. On holidays people are bumming around the house or grilling outside with the radio. I think he'll get more listeners. Espesially on this slot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

I listened and it was a far superior and more professional show than the shitfest known S&R. It was actually very listenable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

Score, I listened as well today (not feeling well, damn sinuses). I thought Chet's show was also much better than S&R. I would have no problem listening to Chet from 9 to noon everyday. Much better than either station's programming in that slot right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:30 pm 

Chet easily has no less than third best show on Chicago sports radio today. It's a damn shame he isn't on instead of Salisbury & Rosenbloom.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

Listened to Chet on the way home. He was cracking me up in the crossover talk with Silvy, Carmen, and JD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:53 pm 

pizza_Place: PaPa Passero's Westmont
I tried to call in for the worse sports person locally. I said Salisbury becasue when you disagree, you can't talk to him. He raises his voice, cuts you off and says he won the conversation. Chets producer told me to call bqack with that thought when I had a better cell reception. I called back 5 minutes later and was told the station would not allow any on the air who had a negative thing to say about the S-R show. What a crock. Is this guy such a baby that he can't take criticism?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

Wow. I was actually told when I called in I could not choose ANY ESPN personalities. And then I was like, "I was going to choose Chris Fowler as one of the best?" Oh thats fine, you know what to do.

Chet's entire show ended up being a complete joke/sham for anyone that called in knowing the limits these callers had. At least Chet was allowed to rip on ESPN personalities at his will. Basically his show turned into, "Who sucks at doing sports that doesn't work for ESPN?" I was really disappointed with that comment from the screener. Probably not his call, but that's really sad on ESPN's part. Don't do the segment then.