It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:05 pm 

I love to hear his stories about picking up women at bars or while out on the town. I imagine it is a real challenge to pick up women when you are a millionaire, former NFL QB, and movie appearer (I refuse to say "star" for anything he has done in life). So seriously, I enjoy hearing about the dating lives of the rich and "famous". (Tongue in Cheek)

I was wondering when he met that waitress and took her to the Cub game with Harry's tickets, and he met her father, what the age difference was between him and her dad, and just how much older Sean was?

Hopefully he stutters with the women like he does on the air and it leads to some turn offs.

He can go back to Bristol or Dallas or San Diego as far as I am concerned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Marinos-EGV
MY NAME IS SEAN SALISBURY!! I AM A NATIONAL TV STAR AND A CHICAGO RADIO SUPERSTAR. WHAT? I CANT HEAR YOU, I YELL OVER CONVERSATION.

Keep up that great work Sean, that 9-12 show is really going well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

First of all anybody on TV gets to bang hot women. That's just the rule. Look at the hot broads that David Spade gets. No self respecting women would ever get married to Salisbury. Or if they do its just so they can divorce them and get half his money.

The smart one's try to get knocked up or black male them for money with the threat of a rape allegation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:35 pm 

Totally agree. Sad but true.

You might recall a show about a month ago when they had a female guest on to promote some Kickball For Charity event.

Sean offered to make a donation and sponsor a few teams. Nice guy, right? F uck no, he had the audacity to ask her if HE was hot! She chuckled uncomfortably...and said yes. So yeah, ex-jocks and TV heads know they have the power to bang hotties.

Mr. Beardown - I hate to be a grammar/spelling dick, but the word is "blackmail." I'm sure it was a Freudian slip, but the use of "black male them" certainly has a different connotation. :wink:

I know bitching about this show is like pissing in the wind, but it helps.

Post subject: Dating game
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Rico's in Homewood, IL
Is SUCKS-bury just using this show to meet women? I guess I would do the same thing, so I'm no better. Does that work on women, tell them you stab people in the back to get their radio time slot and was a former CFL Championship QB. I guess when they are that drunk, it doesn't really matter at that point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:59 pm 

The thing that I don't like about Salisbury is the same thing that I don't like about Dan Patrick. They want us to know that they are famous and that they are as big as the athletes that they are talking about. I would rather listen to a "regular guy" that has an opinion and doesn't have to preface every criticism with the phrase: " I love (insert name here) but,"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Rico's in Homewood, IL
Very well said, that is the essence of my problem with him. That what works in this town, just a regular guy talking sports. If he would just embrace that attitude, he might be toleable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:29 pm 

If I wanted to hear a regular guy talk sports, I would turn a tape recorder on, talk for several hours, and play it back. I happen to think the regular guy schtick is way overplayed.

If the regular guy works, how to you account for the solid numbers Mike & Mike, and The Dan Patrick show put up in this market. Not to mention the numbers Kornheiser use to put up.

Sals and Rosey just need some time to find there footing. Remember back to how awful MJH was in the beginning. I wasn't even sure who was talking have the time. Carm and Silvy just recently found their comfort zone, 7PM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:50 pm 

Imagine that - grillboy is out swinging for Salisbury and Rosenbloom.

Just a couple quick points:

I'm pretty sure Kornheiser and Patrick did and/or do poor ratings in this market. Mike and Mike do a bit better, but I think that is because they are more "Chicago-friendly" with Greenburg having worked here and Golic being very ND. They are also very good at the self-deprecating approach that plays well here, unlike the "I'm too pretty for my own damn self" approach that Patrick and Salisbury are selling.

You make a decent point that shows need to find their (not there) footing, especially around here, AND you backed up your point appropriately with the MJH reference, considering they have come a long way. I tried to think that way the first couple of months too, but that ship has sailed for me, like I bet it will with you too soon. Salisbury has asked one too many people if he is hot. It just gets more and more creepy to me. That is just one example of many I could list as to why I'm not holding my breath on this show anymore. It's just pretty bad radio.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:22 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Maybe grillboy thinks Sean is hot?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:53 am 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
If I wanted to hear a regular guy talk sports, I would turn a tape recorder on, talk for several hours, and play it back. I happen to think the regular guy schtick is way overplayed.

You're right, the "I know everything about everything" act is not used NEARLY enough..... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:21 am 

Quote:
Salisbury has asked one too many people if he is hot. It just gets more and more creepy to me.

Yeah, and now that the NFL season is coming up, we've found another case of uncomfortable, look-how-cool-I-am radio: fantasy football.

Now every time an athlete comes on, Sean is showing us all how cool he is by negotiating to be everyone's personal fanatsy football expert. OK, I guess I shouldn't say every time. I heard it twice and stopped listening, so maybe he's not doing that anymore.