It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

I accidentally heard this show this morning because my car stereo was still tuned in from MJH yesterday. Then, I heard these two were going to have Buerhle on, so I decided to stick around - Mark's always a good interview since he doesn't take himself too seriously, and I enjoy hearing him.

They go through an interview that wasn't spectacular, but wasn't brutal either. Then, as time is winding down, Sean asks Buehrle, "So Mark, are you a football fan?" After Mark says he is, Sean proceeds to absolutely WHORE himself out as the fantasy football guru, and that he would love to help Buerhle with his fantasy football team. I heard this, and just started yelling at my radio until I finally punched the button - literally.

Is it possible to be a jock-sniffer when you technically WERE a jock? I was certainly glad to realize that I wasn't missing anything since I tuned them out a month ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

He did this earlier in the week in an interview as well. I forget what baseball person it was, but at the end of the interview he asked "Are you a fantasy football fan" and the person just says "NO". End of conversation. It was very out of place, uncomfortable, and embarassing. Maybe he stopped asking guys out for coffe or coming over to his house and decided to do this instead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:17 pm 

He reminds me of the post football Grey Ghost in Everybody's All American.

In fact, that may be a good nickname for all future Salisbury references.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:05 pm 

The answer to the question posed on this thread . . . (in my best Hawk Harrelson) . . . No!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
The answer to the question posed on this thread . . . (in my best Hawk Harrelson) . . . No!

That's what I was afraid of - I make the mistake of leaving this abortion of a show on, find something appalling on it, then have no one to share it with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:36 am 

Stopped listening about a month ago -- but unlike most others on the board I dislike Rosenbloom as much as Salisbury. I guess the only good thing about the pairing is that they are only making one time slot suck instead of two.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Rico's in Homewood, IL
I still listen to the first hour of this train wreck. Does anybody take SUCKS-bury up on his offers? With Jeff 'Spaceball' Scharwtz gone maybe the next station manager will realize that this just is not working and bring back Sily & Carm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
Did Sean ask Buerhle if he thought he (Sean) was hot?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:46 pm 

I don't know what he said to Buerhle, but he did tell Bobby Jenks that he'd like to see him go against Big Papi @ the All-Star Game. When RosenSteve reminded Seanny that they both play for AL teams, Sean pretty much spent the rest of the show (or at least the part I heard) trying to assure Rosey that he was just joking. "I can't believe you think I was being serious!" Yes, Sean, I can. Douchebag.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
That is so typical Salisbury. Why not just say, "I can't believe I said that. My bad." No one would think any less of him. Hell, I'd think more of him if he could ackowledge he made the slip up. If that's really what happened, that just proves again how Sean has some real psychological problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:46 am 

pizza_Place: Rico's in Homewood, IL
Sean never wants to admit he is wrong. That was the same problem with Marriorti when he was on the air. There is something to be said for a little bit 'I guess i was wrong.' SUCKS_bury takes that expert tag a little too serious. That being said, i am looking forward to when football season starts and his take after BEARS' Games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:45 pm 

The difference between Mariotti and Salisbury is that there were low expectations for Jay, and I think he surprised a lot of people. If ESPN 1000 wasn't the Sox flagship station when he was on the air, I bet Mariotti and Silvy would still be hosting from 9-12. He held his own against stiff competition from Boers and Bernstein.

Salisbury got a vote of confidence from Mac and Schwartz, and I don't think anyone had any idea how much of a bonehead he was going to be. It's all about expectations.