It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

No buzz here whatsoever. That means no one is listening or cares or both. I gave up already. I'd rather have a root canal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:17 am 

pizza_Place: Pete's
tuned in today during a commercial on scr and noticed gail fisher is in for the week for sean. anyone know why he's out?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:52 am 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
tuned in today during a commercial on scr and noticed gail fisher is in for the week for sean. anyone know why he's out?

His head exploded?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:59 am 

My guess is he is suppose to take all of his vacation during the summer ratings book, so he is available during football season.

I still want to know why they bring in Gail F. to fill in, other than to satisfy Rosey's perverted itch. Why are they not using Hood, J.D., or other fill ins? That has to be a request by Rosenbloom.

Now, let's hope he carries enough weight there to request a permanent replacement. Doubt anyone has that much power this side of Bristol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Dan's Pizza, Downers Grove
The Irish Warrior wrote:
I still want to know why they bring in Gail F. to fill in, other than to satisfy Rosey's perverted itch. Why are they not using Hood, J.D., or other fill ins? That has to be a request by Rosenbloom.

I listened for 10 minutes and counted 11 references by Rosie to Gail's appearance or attractiveness.

I donno why I keep hitting my finger with this hammer? Oh yeah, I remember... Mike North is still obnoxious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:59 am 

I had the entire show on today, for the first time in months.

What I find interesting is how many callers state that they enjoy the show more when Seannycakes isn't there. How often do you hear that on other talk shows?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:47 pm 

[sidebar] Why is there no post edit feature in this forum? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

I think the thinking is that since Sean is never wrong, he would not need an Edit button; therefore, if you are going to post in this forum, you do not get an Edit button either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:43 pm 

Damnit.

I'm not Sean-O—I'm wrong a lot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:06 pm 

CivilOne wrote:
I had the entire show on today, for the first time in months.

What I find interesting is how many callers state that they enjoy the show more when Seannycakes isn't there. How often do you hear that on other talk shows?

Count me in that group. I'll give the guys a short listen, but I am now on the Hanley/Mully bandwagon. I actually find those guys as perhaps the best tandem right now on the Score. B&B are good, but they get a bit over the top with the listeners from time to time to the point of pissing me off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:51 pm 

Wait until September for death on this baby Salisbury sizzle will want to talk football during a Sox division race, people will stop listening

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:37 am 

That will make them STOP listening? That's assuming someone IS listening at that point. Big stretch there.

Unfortunately. Cashew, I think Salisbury will be on at least through next spring. You have to figure that the big wigs think he will pull in the football audience. Then they have to wait until the ratings come through, which takes some time. Nothing moves quickly, especialy with the spin masters out there saying "see that .2 rise shows growth and that we are closing in on them."

Our best hope is that he reads these boards and reads the messages in the current ratings with an objective head (another big stretch, I know) and bails come football season, because the schedule is just too much for him. Translation: He's knows he's going to fail and doesn't want the ratings to embarrass him, so he comes up with an excuse for it never to happen. He just might have enough self-preservation ego to initiate damage control for his career. Or, maybe that's me wishful thinking. You be the judge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:06 pm 

[quote="cashew azumah"]Wait until September for death on this baby Salisbury sizzle will want to talk football during a Sox division race, people will stop listening[/quote]

You are assuming that the Sox will be in the division race. Not a sure thing at this point.

Also, not everybody loves baseball all the time. I am sure I am not alone in my anticipation of NFL training camps. Anything to stop the incessant, repetitive, non-informative, baseball "talk" in this town. Doesn't matter if you are a Sox or Cubs fan, everyone right now is suicidal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:22 pm 

grillboy wrote:
Also, not everybody loves baseball all the time. I am sure I am not alone in my anticipation of NFL training camps. Anything to stop the incessant, repetitive, non-informative, baseball "talk" in this town. Doesn't matter if you are a Sox or Cubs fan, everyone right now is suicidal.

I agree with you. The only thing that saves me from jumping off the ledge every summer, as a cub fan, is the thought of training camp. I am still hoping Salisbury will redeem himself come football season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Here's where I differ. I don't think Sean sucks because he can't do baseball. I do believe he knows the game well enough to do it. I just think he is a complete asshole on air and the way he argues he completely loses his point because he doesn't know how to put together a solid arguement. Talking louder, talking over someone, interrupting someone, twisting what someone says, twisting what he says for his point.....all of these things don't help make anything a convincing arguement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:44 am 

WR, I'm not so sure Sean does understand baseball. A lot of what he says is right out of the morning paper, or off of the previous nights recaps. I believe he looks for an angle opposite of Rosey, just for the sake of it.

I still think they are better than S&C were at two months, and JD&Hood do the same fake argument just to argue schtick. So I'm willing to listen every day. I think the upside is there.

I also believe, that come football season, Sean and Rosey will hit their stride. If the Bears do what they are capable of(or even if they don't), it should be very good radio.

My views, and a buck, will get you a pretty shitty cup of coffee.