It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Babe Bracket
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:13 pm 

This is just a stupid gimick to get listeners, I also believe Carm and silvy used to do something like this, though I do like the babes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:02 am 

I was working overnights in 2002 (I think) at a hospital, and Laurence Holmes did this same thing overnights on the score.

Not that Laurence is the first person to come up with something like this, but using the same schitck as LH is kinda sad.

Still, I'm glad this was made known on the board - I gave up listening and never whould have known about this latest round of stupidity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:51 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I'm ok with it, but I find it funny that those two are the ones doing it during the daytime...the two old, sick perverted "pigs" on sports radio.

We used to do this when I was in college, but it was a bit more out of control. 64 women broken down into 4 brackets (movies/tv, music, models, misc.) and we did it during March. Pretty fun actually. It'll be interesting to see how wold their winner is...not that there's nothing wrong with that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:09 am 
1000 CLUB

I heard them talking about this for a brief few minutes on Thursday, and they had Ann Margaret in this bracket - now, she was not bad looking in her day, but this is the kind of audience you want to appeal to? No wonder this show is such a success on this board..... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:30 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Hood and Holmes also did this with female wrestlers and divas on Wrestlemaniacs. It seemed to fit there. I don't think it fits on a daily sports talker, but what do I care, I gave up on them after their third show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:11 am 

The topic doesn't bother me and I would listen if it was February after the Super Bowl. Seems like they should be able fill three hours right now with the Sox chasing the Tigers, the Cubs falling apart and training camp right around the corner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:04 am 
Yes, but other than Bears training camp (and he'd care more about that if it was the Cowboys), those topics would require Seanny-Cakes to give a rats ass about Chicago sports.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:16 pm 

Today I heard Sean creaming his pants when rosie was talking about shannon elizabeth

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:02 am 

[quote="naked bootleg"]The topic doesn't bother me and I would listen if it was February after the Super Bowl. Seems like they should be able fill three hours right now with the Sox chasing the Tigers, the Cubs falling apart and training camp right around the corner.[/quote]

Here's the problem with your thought. The Sox having been chasing the Tigers since April. The Cubs have been falling apart since March, and training camp hasn't started yet. Everything has been discussed a thousand times.

As I keep saying, how much more Sox/Cubs suicide talk can you listen to everyday. That's the beauty of this show, or any national show for that matter. You actually hear something different everyday.

I can already hear MJH going on about the Sox losing yesterday (and all the call-ins), and their show doesnt start for another 6 hours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:10 am 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
Here's the problem with your thought. The Sox having been chasing the Tigers since April. The Cubs have been falling apart since March, and training camp hasn't started yet. Everything has been discussed a thousand times.

As I keep saying, how much more Sox/Cubs suicide talk can you listen to everyday. That's the beauty of this show, or any national show for that matter. You actually hear something different everyday.

A good host can keep the topic on sports, but go to a different topic or perspective. If your perspective was actually true, why bother listening to sports radio at all unless both teams are competitive? MJH, B&B, and others seem to be able to put on a show everyday. While it may be hard, if Salisbury and Rosenbloom wanted to they would find a way to discuss sports instead of having to wave a tired T & A segment in front of their listeners just to keep the so-called fan base.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:11 am 

A good host can keep the topic on sports, but go to a different topic or perspective. If your perspective was actually true, why bother listening to sports radio at all unless both teams are competitive? MJH, B&B, and others seem to be able to put on a show everyday. While it may be hard, if Salisbury and Rosenbloom wanted to they would find a way to discuss sports instead of having to wave a tired T & A segment in front of their listeners just to keep the so-called fan base.[/quote]

If the T&A segment is so tired, how come Silvy and Carmen utilize every Tuesday with their "hottest reporter at ESPN" segment.

More to the point, where is the criticism of C&S. The hypocrisy is dripping off of this board. People don't like S&S so lets rip their segments. C&S do the same thing, but we like them because they put us on the radio, so they get a free pass.

Ever think this might be a directive from mgmt. I can't see two different shows utilizing the same format on purpose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:17 am 

grillboy wrote:

More to the point, where is the criticism of C&S. The hypocrisy is dripping off of this board. .

That's not hypocrisy...it's our collective dingleberry onto your posts.

Read C and S and you will find very few people who are overly excited about the show. Unfortunately one of their fans is the biggest post whore on this site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:37 am 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
If the T&A segment is so tired, how come Silvy and Carmen utilize every Tuesday with their "hottest reporter at ESPN" segment.

More to the point, where is the criticism of C&S. The hypocrisy is dripping off of this board. People don't like S&S so lets rip their segments. C&S do the same thing, but we like them because they put us on the radio, so they get a free pass.

Ever think this might be a directive from mgmt. I can't see two different shows utilizing the same format on purpose.

You are comparing apples and oranges. As a weekday mid-morning show, S & R's job is to discuss sports, especially local sports since they are the first local show on the air every morning. White Sox, Cubs, Bears, things Chicago-centric. They also, as a mid-morning show, are supposed to stick as much to sports as possible.

As an evening show, much the same as weekends, C & S's job is to attract as wide an audience as possible while still associating with sports. It is a filler time, used mainly as bait to attract listeners and hook them to the daily programming, to bring up the audience and hence more advertisers. Especially because the basic premise of the 7p-5a hours is just to bring ANY listeners, they can get away with the Erin Andrews segments and the like. If you notice, they NEVER did something like this Babe Bracket when they were on the 9a-12p shift (that I can recall anyway) - yes, they had Erin Andrews on, but the scope was always limited to the game she was to be at that night, and other sports-related things; the closest they came to going off topic was maybe one of the 10 @ 10 topics. Now, they do play games with her on-air like the pop culture thing because it is a looser shift and allows them to do that; the subjects of the day have mostly been beaten into the ground by then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Thanks for the comment good dolphin. You're always their to be an asshole for me :D