It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Football Season
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
I've read a few posters (Mac included) who say that they are reserving judgement on Seannycakes until football season. Their reasoning being that since football is his bread and butter he'll have a chance to thrive, and will be a better listen.

I couldn't disagree more. In my very limited listening of the show, I've heard him berate, talk over, and outride insult callers over topics outside of his level of "expertise". Imagine what an insufferable prick he's gonna be when someone has the audacity to question his supreme knowledge of football. How's he gonna react when "Mike in Berwyn" wants to disagree with his Monday morning assesment of a 14-13 Bears loss? I won't be tuning in to find out, but I'm confident that I'll read here that it wasn't pretty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
POST OF THE MONTH...this is what I have been saying for weeks. And you're right, he'll only be worse at football. To me, it's not so much his content that's bad, its the way he delivers his opinions and information and treats everyone like shit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
yesterday i was in the car and decided to listen for a few minutes. sean was yelling at rosenbloom about how he "owns" him. then they yelled at over each other.
sean's saying shit like "stick to poker."
he's such a dickhead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:55 am 

pizza_Place: Pete's
i tuned in today to see if they would have any word on the bears. they booked coach rivera and was going good until sean jumped in and went on a tangent about team policy. he told rosy to shut his mouth and rivera just stayed quiet. doesn't sean realize that when you interviewing you're suppossed to interview not talk talk talk?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:16 pm 

I finally lost it in the car today when Sean was trying to defend Wanny and Rosey questioned him on it. Grid sent in a good e-mail about how Sean should not try to defend Wanny in this town (and sent a nice list of draft picks in the Wanny years), and of course Sean went nuts on how he has more experience in this area, likened Wanny to Dusty Baker (Um..excuse me?), and contradicted himself about the role of a coordinator and a head coach about 15 times. "Must punch the button" radio today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
likened Wanny to Dusty Baker

Vandy, what's wrong with this comparison? They are both coaches who have captured the heart of Chicago, endearing themselves with their winning records....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:01 pm 

Point taken, Scholar. Silly me. How 'bout a Fresca? In fact, that's exactly how Salisbury compared the two. Both "great coaches who haven't had a successfull run in this town" etc etc. BUT THEY ARE GREAT. AND IF YOU TRY AND DISAGREE WITH ME, I WILL SHOUT LOUDER AND LONGER THAN YOU!

I think he even called Rosey a "dumbass" because Rosey said he lived thru the Wanny experience and couldn't agree with Sean's viewpoints.

I will now go back to being unimpressed with mid-day sportsradio.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

again....
he's a dickhead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:09 pm 

Maybe, just maybe Salisbury is trying to eventually draw the comparision to himself. He's a great radio host but his show sucks.

Then this fool pulls "I've been in this business a long time..." crap on a caller. We sat here watching Dave Wannstead who had great credentials as a defensive coordinator, not have a single All Pro for 5 seasons. And we're wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:31 pm 

OPV, I also heard Salisbury call Rosey a dumbass this morning for disagreeing with him over Wanny. He also berated him for having a poker guest on. I do believe Rosey is a dumbass, but Salisbury is no freakin' genius himself. First, I can't believe anyone hired these two losers, and second, I can't believe I was listening to them for fifteen minutes today. Obviously, I'm the dumbass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:53 pm 
Agreed. I was finally in my car today and heard Chico so stuck arround to hear what he was talkin about. Seany-cakes told Rosie "Shut your mouth and I'll tell you how it is" At that point I punched the button. Congrats Seany-cakes. It took exactly 5 minutes to turn me off from your show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

we need jim pastor's email address....
forward him this thread...