It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 6:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:19 am 

I am voting Sean Salsbury who is the least charismatic ,most intrusive whining baby ...The only thing stopping him from being the most arrogant is the existence of Mike North. I stopped in to listen to the show for a few minutes during a Brandmeier commercial break (Brandmeier was talking to Ditka,ironically) about 9:05 and got to hear Salsbury throwing another stupid hissy fit. Rosenbloom deserves a partner who is even a little bit appealing.
"The next sports radio superstar",Salsbury, should be doing overnights somewhere in Rhode Island.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:25 am 

pizza_Place: Deep dish - Giordano's
Regular - Nancys
I hate when Cakes answers a question that Rosey throws out. Yesterday Ditka was on and after Ditka gave an answer, Cakes gave us his expert opinion. I don't mind Cakes adding a bit, but his response was longer than Ditkas. Why bother having guests - Rosey could lob questions to Cakes for the whole show

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:43 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Great point. This is just one more example of how Sean is just horrible to listen to on the air. Heabsolutely does answer every question a guest is asked and does it twice as long than the guest himself. I forgot about this in my many rants of this horrible, pathetic show...I still can't believe how bad it is and how he seems to get defended by his "teammates" more than anyone ever in this city. What makes this guy so special? I will say that support for him has seemed to disappear somewhat. I've got one more thing to say, Do you think I'm hot?

Worst POS show ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:03 am 
1000 CLUB

Sometimes Rosey and Cakes continue their own arguments when a guest is on the line. It's so pathetic and unprofessional. These guys even ask the guest to settle the argument for them. It's like a couple of kids going to mom to see who's right. The guest is the focus ass wipes. You don't bring him on to mediate you're stupid arguments. I think Rosey realizes it but cakes is the one who starts it and he's gotta finish it. It's a joke

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:01 pm 

So I ask this counter question:

If you are going to remove one host from this show to try and revive it, who is it? Who do you replace them with?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Hawkeye Vince wrote:
Quote:
So I ask this counter question:

If you are going to remove one host from this show to try and revive it, who is it? Who do you replace them with?

Salisbury isn't going anywhere. But if by some miracle he did, Silvy & JHood.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

Don't know why but I listened to the open today and it was just embarassingly brutal. Sean was screaming and berating Rosey yet again. I even sent them the email below. I'm sure they didn't read it on air but had to send it in.

My god Sean it’s just sports discussion and you get all hot and bothered constantly, interrupting and berating Steve for no reason whatsoever. Great, you don’t agree with him but you get on your high horse because you’ve “been on a team” and turn your entire first segment into a childish yelling match. Yeah you’ll still think you’re “buddies” with Steve now but you completely embarrass yourself when you get like this. It seems pretty obvious Steve has given up on getting through to you and making an effort with this show and for good reason.

Take a step back and try to make a good radio show instead of trying to prove how tough and smart you are. And stop inviting male guests to come hang out at your house, go to coffee, and any other guy-guy date you want to plan. That is also uncomfortable and weird. You have found many other ways to kiss their asses on air so just use those.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
Does he really offer the guests a future coffee date? An offer like this from a guy will just creep the crap out of me. Is it too neurotic/phobic?

He sure does. He's also invited guys to come over to his house to hang out during interviews. He's so damn thick skulled though he doesn't understand how weird and unprofessional that is. He kisses ass like Harry but without actually being a fan of anybody. It's the worst of both worlds.

Post subject: Thanks For The Therapy
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:41 pm 

Man,its really therapeutic to read these responses. Every thought I've ever had about Failsbury is echoed here. Why do listeners so frequently know and recognize more than management does? For the love of God why doesn't someone pull the plug on this goof? I really liked the Rosenbloom-Hood suggestion. Rover got put down,now how about the dog on AM 1000 from 9 to noon?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

Someone should print off every page from every thread in this section and just mail it to ESPN1000. Obviously they won't care, but I think it'd be funny to just jave the receive a package of 100's of pieces of paper ripping on this awful show.

Post subject: OOPS!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:43 pm 

By the way I just noticed my hideous typo in the topic
"Whos Is The Worst..." I assure you I am more literate than that. I came out looking like a Mike North listener.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

I drove home last night listening to MJH, so my radio was on ESPN 1000 when I jumped in the vehicle this morning, what I heard was on the level of Harry v Mac I and II.

I don't know how those 2 can do a show together. Cakes (nice nickname, BTW) gives his partner ZERO credit for anything. He was attacking on a very personal level this morning and IMO deserves a suspension. If Mac and Harry got dumped for 2 weeks, Cakes deserves a day on the bench. Ironically, I heard later that Rosey is taking tomorrow off, don't know if that was scheduled or not.

Salisbury won't hold any athlete accountable for anything, yet tosses his partner under the bus at any opportunity.

The argument was great stuff. You could hear Rosey hanging his head in disgust from 2000 miles away. "Maybe if you didn't have your nose at a poker table, you'd know something about sports." "You should TiVo my appearances on TV and watch them carefully, then you'd know something about football." What a pompous bastard.

How does this tripe stay on the air?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:16 pm 
1000 CLUB

Hum's on a roll tonight. Great to see you back and kicking ass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

No kidding...a lot of pent up frustration LB?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
Its an awful show...Salisbury is giving North some competition as worst host in Chicago.

If you're including national personalities then the Stein guy doing overnights is the absolute worst.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
Quote:
He's also invited guys to come over to his house to hang out during interviews.

Um, in Dallas?[/quote]