It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 5:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:11 am 

Personally, unlike most of you guys, I don't hate Rosenbloom. Salisbury's always been a huge douchebag with an ego way too big for a third-string QB.

If he had to partner up, I'd have Carmen move to days with him as I think they'd make a good pair. Carmen & Silvy have been together too damn long and they come off like Boers and Bernstein now with their inside and running jokes. Plus, I think they're sleeping together, which has to be against company dating policy.

If they go solo, I'd really like to see JHood get some time in the afternoons. I've always liked his radio personality and his interaction with callers. It reminds me of old-school radio where the host actually communicated with the callers and let them drive the show instead of driving the show with programming and letting callers participate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:24 am 
1000 CLUB

I'd rather stick Rosenbloom with Silvy, at least both are opinionated and could come up with some good arguments without screaming at each other. Then pull Hood out of oblivion and put him with Carmen in the night slot. Hood has done well at nights in the past and Carmen won't cramp his style.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:39 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Yea, I think Hawkeye has it right. I actually like Rosenbloom but loathe his sexual harrassment schtick when he anyone woman is a part of the show. (Sean does the same thing, and yes its just as sick and disgusting..actually worse)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:48 am 

So what I'm gathering from here is that Silvy > Carmen. I couldn't disagree with this more.

Is there any particular reason why you guys like Silvy? I find his voice annoyingly nasally (see also: Harry) and he argues just for the sake of arguing. I don't hate him at all (I'm actually a fan of the Silvy&Carm show), but given the choice, I'll take DeFalco 10/10 times.

That could have something to do with Italians sticking together too, but I doubt it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:56 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Yea, I would say the majority of people actually prefer Silvy than Carmen when it comes to being a sports talk show host. Silvy brings opinions and I could not disagree more when you say he argues just to argue. He believes what he believes and doesn't flip flop....unlike other people we know....cough cough, sean. He'll say the same thing in person he says on air. Not for sure why you htink he arges for sake of arguing. Carm's more of the neutral, middle of the road guy that can go off at certain times. I feel like you are mostly basing this off the sound of his voice. There are all kinds of voices that are on-air and some of the most famous are quite different or unique. Don't know how long you've been on these boards, but you're talking to the S&C whipping boy. I'm pretty much accused of defending them no matter what, which isn't true but I made kind of happen when I first joined. I like them both, but I'd pick Silvy as more of the driver of the show instead of Carmen. Like'em both though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:59 am 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
So what I'm gathering from here is that Silvy > Carmen. I couldn't disagree with this more.

Is there any particular reason why you guys like Silvy? I find his voice annoyingly nasally (see also: Harry) and he argues just for the sake of arguing. I don't hate him at all (I'm actually a fan of the Silvy&Carm show), but given the choice, I'll take DeFalco 10/10 times.

That could have something to do with Italians sticking together too, but I doubt it.

I do prefer Silvy over Carmen, but that wasn't the point I was making. I was concentrating on the best pairings for overall station/show quality and best use of talent. The way the deck is shuffled right now makes absolutely no sense to me and the station sucks overall because of it. No continuity or direction at all with a huge throbbing boil sticking out between 9-Noon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:04 am 

hawkeye wrote:
and the station sucks overall because of it.

Are you kidding? I mean, S&R definitely needs to lose the R and move on, but I like Patrick, and MJ&H. After that I generally am listening to games (either White Sox or Bulls) anyways so I don't get much into night radio.

Either way, there's absolutely nothing on the Score worth listening to that isn't White Sox baseball. Everything else on that station I could live without. JHood at night used to be its saving grace, but now that he's on 1000 (albeit occassionally), I have no use for 670 outside of my White Sox.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:57 am 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
Are you kidding? I mean, S&R definitely needs to lose the R and move on, but I like Patrick, and MJ&H. After that I generally am listening to games (either White Sox or Bulls) anyways so I don't get much into night radio.

Either way, there's absolutely nothing on the Score worth listening to that isn't White Sox baseball. Everything else on that station I could live without. JHood at night used to be its saving grace, but now that he's on 1000 (albeit occassionally), I have no use for 670 outside of my White Sox.

Well, I'll just pretend that you didn't just say you'd keep Salisbury and get rid of Rosenbloom because we'd never stop arguing about that one. Again, the scope of my post has nothing to do with the Score. It has to do with ESPN 1000 maximizing their talent and putting the proper mix of people together for the best full day of shows. M&M are okay and I'll even give you Patrick even though I can't stand him, but when you look at what they are offering each day as a whole it leaves a lot to be desired. I think the moves I suggested would improve ESPN's daily lineup a ton.