It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 11:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
spmack wrote:
Ed_from_Lisle wrote:
Maybe I'll see you in the ring.

Loser has to post only on MSFMB for one year.

We're all winners then. :P

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

Carm's tone changed. He was scared. It was funny. Especially when Marshall said "I'll see you one day." Carm might have wet himself.

Don't get me wrong. Marshall was a jerk. I just thought Carmen handled this badly.

Carm actually should have ended it quicker and let them do their show. But he kept on talking to him. So it just made him look worse.

Last edited by Beardown on Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucano's
spmack wrote:
Loser has to post only on MSFMB for one year.

Loser has to buy drinks when we finally bet ponies together. And no, that's not a euphemism.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

I do agree with Big Fan. Marshall needs to come up with something knew for his enemies. Challenging people to get in the ring is getting old. You can't do that every time.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

I know one thing for sure. Marshall will be traded. The new GM will not want to deal with him. I actually think you could get a 4th rounder for him. If you can't, just cut him.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Another reason Marshall should be gone.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Marshall is a 6'5" pro athlete who is paid well to keep his body in peek form.

He harped on Carm if carm was "Secure" enough to say what he thinks.

Now, if he means 'financially secure"

Guessing Brandon, like so many other athletes, wouldnt be such free thought souls if they didnt have generational wealth in the bank.

Was a punk move by brandon....and Carm should have said it!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:06 pm 

spmack wrote:
Carmen is from Naperville, right? Not too many threatening people out there.

Racist. :afro:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

bigfan wrote:
Marshall is a 6'5" pro athlete who is paid well to keep his body in peek form.

He harped on Carm if carm was "Secure" enough to say what he thinks.

Now, if he means 'financially secure"

Guessing Brandon, like so many other athletes, wouldnt be such free thought souls if they didnt have generational wealth in the bank.

Was a punk move by brandon....and Carm should have said it!

Bingo!!!! That sums it up nicely. Except Marshall didn't mean financially secure. He meant secure to say what you mean when you're talking to somebody instead of just saying it on the air when that person isn't around. Marshall was actually right about that. Carm wasn't secure to say what needed to be said to him. But Marshall still was a bitch, too, obviously.

You could tell that Carm was thinking as this was going down, "I just don't want to get fired over this." He was scared to death. A little intimidated by Marshall but mostly scared not to say anything to get fired. Especially cuz he knows how Disney works.

But why does Disney hire a wife beater? Marshall gets paid by ESPN 1000 for these shows.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

I'm shocked this hasn't made Deadspin. I'm sure it will, but it should have been there by now.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:54 pm 

The kicker was 15 saying he was shocked when Tresty was fired. then Jurko asked him if was really shocked as if he didnt know and he walked around it. not that secure i guess

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

Another angle to this: How Jurko was fucking with Carmen as this was going on. Didn't have his back. Was trying to be funny, yes. I get that. I thought Jurko was actually funny by fanning the flames. He made this thing more fun. But Carm was pissed at his partner. You could tell. He was about to break bad on Jurko, said he had something on Jurko during this exchange, but held back.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Beardown wrote:
I'm shocked this hasn't made Deadspin. I'm sure it will, but it should have been there by now.

We're the only ones that listen to local sports radio.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

immessedup17 wrote:
Beardown wrote:

We're the only ones that listen to local sports radio.

Grobber shitting himself made Deadspin. This is much bigger than that. It's not about them listening. People send them the weird shit that happens. You should realize that.

I googled it. Sun Times is the only one that has it as of now.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/bears-football/7/71/244088/brandon-marshall-challenges-carmen-defalco-espn-radio

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:46 pm 

he's Terrell Owens without the HOF career. this guy is so thin skinned...it's unbelievable he is an NFL player.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:52 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Grobber shitting himself made Deadspin. This is much bigger than that.

Are you sure about that?

Athletes say dumb shit all the time. Sports radio guys say things before fully thinking it through all the time.

Media shitting themselves? That ain't everyday.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

immessedup17 wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Grobber shitting himself made Deadspin. This is much bigger than that.

Are you sure about that?

Athletes say dumb shit all the time. Sports radio guys say things before fully thinking it through all the time.

Media shitting themselves? That ain't everyday.

Athletes rarely challenge radio host to fights.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:08 pm 

Beardown wrote:

I'm fairly confident they've had your email blocked for some time now ...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:09 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Athletes rarely challenge radio host to fights.

And if you believe Marshall, he didn't mean it this time and he didn't mean it last time.

Athletes arguing with the media? Happens all the time.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:37 am 

pizza_Place: Fasano's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Beardown wrote:
It's funny because Carmen got the info that the Bears are scared of Brandon from Bernstein. :lol: You know he did.

Even more ironic that Carmen seemed extremely scared of Brandon as well

Honestly I do not blame Carmen for being scared. Sure he should have stood his ground but we are talking about a sports radio host dealing with a crazy person that could explode. Not to mention who Carmen works for and it would definitely not be worth it to risk your occupation.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:18 am 

WL Bill wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Beardown wrote:
It's funny because Carmen got the info that the Bears are scared of Brandon from Bernstein. :lol: You know he did.

Honestly I do not blame Carmen for being scared. Sure he should have stood his ground but we are talking about a sports radio host dealing with a crazy person that could explode. Not to mention who Carmen works for and it would definitely not be worth it to risk your occupation.

Yeah, I understand being careful with Marshall but there is a way to strongly state your position. He backed off at first. Just hold your ground and when Marshall mentions boxing treat it like the ridiculous idea it is

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:32 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
rogers park bryan wrote:
WL Bill wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Yeah, I understand being careful with Marshall but there is a way to strongly state your position. He backed off at first. Just hold your ground and when Marshall mentions boxing treat it like the ridiculous idea it is

Right. Carm made the statement and then he wouldn't or couldn't back it up. From then on Marshall had him on the run. And Jurko was enjoying it even though he knows Marshall is a fuckin' tool and he would have hated being in a locker room with him. It's not hard to back up either. The Bears treat Marshall with kid gloves. You could ask the question, "Do you think they would allow the 50th man on the roster to act like you do without saying a word?"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:58 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:47 am 

I thought both Marshall and Carmen came off looking bad. I like Carmen but where did he get that info? Was it from Bernstein? Obviously Carmen was speaking out of his ass and got called out on it. Marshall went overboard and pushed it to an unwanted place. I never thought Marshall was serious about boxing or getting in the ring. I think he knew he had Carmen on the ropes and liked playing with him.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:16 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Not sure about Deadspin, but it made Awful Announcing and The Big Lead.

http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/brandon ... host-clown

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:26 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
WL Bill wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Beardown wrote:

I agree, but you can tell Marshall would never drop it. He would bring everything back to that one topic. "Why dont you box me?"

Marshall attained that threshold of where his production is no longer equal to the pain in the ass he has become, plus he scares Dannys friends, so we need to get rid of him.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Carmen was talking out of his ass and got called out on it. Marshall was begging for examples and Carmen couldn't give him hardly anything. Carmen choked under pressure and looked like a bitch. There is a reason why he got bumped from the afternoon slot and him not knowing what he's talking about is reason number 1435.

And just FYI I'm not a huge Marshall fan.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:25 pm 

I had the radio on for a little while today and caught JD and Fred talk about this, albeit really briefly. I just listened to the interview and I thought both sides came off looking bad. Carmen got caught with not having information to go right at Marshall with, and there was plenty he could have. From Marshall's press conference to his heading out to do his tv show to Jay's benching to Lance's restaurant opening to Trestman saying practices were good when they weren't...there was a lot to go on. When Carm talked about the problems he should have rattled off from a prepared list, but he got caught and didn't really have a comeback until Jurko brought up the fan in Detroit.

Marshall just came off bad as well by resorting to name calling and bullying. The team was 5-11 and was plenty dysfunctional. If you don't like the questioning, take the high road and be polite. Just because you don't raise your voice doesn't mean you still can't come off as an idiot. He claimed Carm called him a name when he didn't. It was cringe-worthy radio.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:55 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
chip egan wrote:
He claimed Carm called him a name when he didn't. It was cringe-worthy radio.

He said Carm called him a "Boogie Man". :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

Carm did get it from Bernstein. The "Bears are scared of Marshall" thing. Cuz I remember catching some of their show the day after the press conference. That's when Bernstein reported the scared thing. I remember them - either Carm or Jurko - reciting Bernstein's report without giving him credit. That the Bears tried to stop the presser but they can't say no to him cuz they are scared. I think they just said there are reports saying this. No way they would credit somebody from the competing station.

So I guess you could call out Carm for saying something that he doesn't have first hand knowledge on. Relying on a Bernstein report.

Weird. Bernstein causes trouble at both stations.