It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 6/3: Video Games
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Tuned in about 4:00. Waddle is stunned at how much time Finer and Meller spend playing video games, and Finer is looking down his nose at Meller because he only has a PS3.

Holy Christ...Robert Morris University considers video games a varsity sport.

Post subject: Re: 6/3: Video Games
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I think I saw that on Real Sports. They were having lessons for League of Legends, a game of which I love but suck at.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:26 pm 

It's been a pretty entertaining discussion. I had, at various times as a kid, an Atari 2600, 7800, and Intellivision. In my 20s I had NES, SNES, PS1, and an original Xbox. In my early 30s I had an Xbox 360 for a while, but once I started losing interest 10 minutes into a game or falling asleep a few laps into a racing game I knew I had finally outgrown it.

I still have the SNES in the closet and a few games.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Tad Queasy wrote:
It's been a pretty entertaining discussion. I had, at various times as a kid, an Atari 2600, 7800, and Intellivision. In my 20s I had NES, SNES, PS1, and an original Xbox. In my early 30s I had an Xbox 360 for a while, but once I started losing interest 10 minutes into a game or falling asleep a few laps into a racing game I knew I had finally outgrown it.

I still have the SNES in the closet and a few games.

In College think i stayed awake for 36 hours playing metroid...but actually fell asleep in finite math , which was 45 minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:19 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
Tuned in about 4:00. Waddle is stunned at how much time Finer and Meller spend playing video games, and Finer is looking down his nose at Meller because he only has a PS3.

of course it's a sport! haven't you ever seen "the wizard"??

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:51 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
W_Z wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

of course it's a sport! haven't you ever seen "the wizard"??

DUDE. remember going to see that because it was our first glimpse at seeing..... SUPER MARIO BROS 3!!!!!!!

i know i went and saw that movie in the theatre just because i wanted to see SMB3, and back then with no internet there weren't sneak previews and videos at conventions and playable demos and all these websites with "hands on" stuff and etc. you literally had to go see a fred savage movie vehicle to see a precious few seconds of the game nad it was worth every fucking penny you spent.

well that and the badass punk rock kid who brandished the power glove like OMFG HE JUST MADE RAD RACER WAY MORE RAD MOOOOMMMMMM CAN YOU GET ME ONE OF THOSE?!?!?! MOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and i vaguely recall the actual movie was an improbable "coming of age" flick with crosscountry adventure that would nwo toggle my pedophile sensors, right?

but yeah TLDR = i genuinely feel sorry for the video gamer kids of today because 1) they're all misogynistic racist bigoted little assholes who don't women in their boys-only-club (ask lipid) and 2) they didnt get to grow up when, IMO, console gaming was at its absolute peak and nintendo : video games :: band-aids : adhesive bandages. i mean obviously my perspective is tainted by the rosy colored glasses phenomenon where the fuzzy memories tend to hyperfocus on the best aspects of 80s/early-mid 90s video gaming because who wants to remember the bullshit..... but man with the way video games are nowadays.... it's just not the same. especially with all these wannabe-hollywood-movies you can brandish the timeless baseball thingy "when it was a game"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
I Love The Power Glove. It’s So Bad

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:34 pm 

Newper, this thread got me thinking about that Madden tournament we had at Nate's place in, what was that? 1999? I think we played each other twice. The first time I lost when my FG attempt hit the crossbar, and I think the second time you flat out kicked my ass. I don't remember how many games everyone played that night/morning but I don't think I played Madden again for about 8 or 9 months after that. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Tad Queasy wrote:
Newper, this thread got me thinking about that Madden tournament we had at Nate's place in, what was that? 1999? I think we played each other twice. The first time I lost when my FG attempt hit the crossbar, and I think the second time you flat out kicked my ass. I don't remember how many games everyone played that night/morning but I don't think I played Madden again for about 8 or 9 months after that. :lol:

Yeah that would be around the right time... Did we have four teams each? I don't remember all the details now, but I recall there was a posterboard bracket and I believe an athletic supporter served as the Madden Cup. :) I do remember playing him for years where he would be Dallas just so he could have Sanders returning kicks/punts and I could never stop him. He could never stop me as the Bucks with Ray Allen so we made a gentleman's agreement to stop playing as those teams.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:00 am 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Waddle has 4 daughters to raise! He can't keep up w/ everything!!!!! #8pmBedtimeForEveryone