It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
They had a great interview with the director of the '85 Bears 30 for 30. I tuned in partway through but I think it started at 4:00 and went until almost 4:30.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Heard it too. It was excellent. I'm looking forward to this tonight.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Spaulding wrote:
Heard it too. It was excellent. I'm looking forward to this tonight.

Presuming quite a number of us will be watching, having the chatroom available wouldn't be the worst idea ever. God forbid it might engender some conviviality if only for a couple of hours.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
seeing these crippled, drooling guys depresses the hell out of me. count me out.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:55 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I didn't hear the interview. Had Silvy and Waddle seen the 30/30 yet before talking to him? I'd be curious if they asked about some of the glaring omissions. It was way too Buddy Ryan heavy. some of that was touching, but Jesus, it was like the offense didn't exist that year. It also was hideous they didn't discuss the contempt that team had for its ownership. That question to players would have led to many home run soundbytes. I give the Bears 30/30 a C. Was expecting a much better piece, given the two hours with which to program.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:56 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Look who wants to talk about sports...Yeah they saw it at the screening the week before and they loved it. Waddle said he boo hooed which I thought was stupid but whatever floats his boat. They talked about the process of the documentary how it started, how to tell it, how to make it different, people's participation, importance of sports in relationships, Vince vaughn's involvement and days at BC. I guess Hampton called Buddy Ryan's caretaker to see if he'd want to be involved and that's what changed the direction of the film.

They did ask if there were any good stories that didn't make the cut and he told them about the crappy practice facilities, going to high schools to practice, not paying tolls when they'd drive there because they didn't bring their wallets that was kinda funny. It didn't make sense because the director said that's what was great, those are the things he loved, and how everybody already knows about the season and games but that's what he omitted from the documentary. I went into it thinking that's the stuff we'd be seeing. The practical jokes, wild stories, the relationships the players had, fights but still working together, what they loved, etc, but that's not what we got. I was disappointed with it. I had a good feeling watching it but I didn't really see much that I didn't already know. I was expecting it to be different and more personal.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:09 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Mac FM wrote:
I didn't hear the interview. Had Silvy and Waddle seen the 30/30 yet before talking to him? I'd be curious if they asked about some of the glaring omissions. It was way too Buddy Ryan heavy. some of that was touching, but Jesus, it was like the offense didn't exist that year. It also was hideous they didn't discuss the contempt that team had for its ownership. That question to players would have led to many home run soundbytes. I give the Bears 30/30 a C. Was expecting a much better piece, given the two hours with which to program.

your average football (outside of chicago) fan associates 85 bears with best defense ever. So i get not having the offensive players be discussed much if you are trying to appeal to the masses.