It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Although his syndicated sports talk radio show does NOT air in Chicago these days, there is news if you are a fan of Jim Rome. While Rome can be seen weekdays at 5P on CBS Sports Network, DIRECTV 613, and has a new show that'll soon premiere on Showtime, it appears as if the Los Angeles-based sports talk radio host has his "eye" on a new radio home, too.

According to deadline.com, Rome is about to part company with his longtime radio syndicator, Premiere Radio Networks, the unit of San Antonio-based ClearChannel that has syndicated the sports talk radio show weekdays since 1996. All indications point towards Rome signing on with the new CBS Sports Radio Network to host his daily sports talk show when the new sports talk radio network launches in January. It's unclear if Rome & his "Clones" will be heard in Chicago, most likely on WSCR 670 The SCORE, when CBS Sports Radio Network does signs on. Rome's radio show previously aired on ESPN Radio 1000 here in Chicago, both live as well as on tape delay.

Rome's likely addition at CBS Sports Radio is the third such hire for the new network. He'll join former ESPN analyst/ESPN Radio host Doug Gottlieb & WFAN (New York) SportsRadio's Boomer Esiason as key voices/contributors to CBS' new sports talk lineup. Since Rome signed with CBS Sports in January after leaving ESPN for a second time, in addition to shows on both CBS Sports Network & Showtime, Jim's contract allows him to talk smack about the NFL, the NCAA Basketball Tournament & the U.S. Open to name a few of the network's major sports properties.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Rome overnight on SCR would be the best thing that has ever happened...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:35 pm 

Krazy Ivan wrote:

Krazy, I don't know if The SCORE will air Jim Rome's show locally, even if he does relocate to CBS Sports Radio Network in January. It's far from a sure thing.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Krazy Ivan wrote:

Sliced Bread wrote:
Man, fuck you!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
SHARK wrote:
Krazy Ivan wrote:

Krazy, I don't know if The SCORE will air Jim Rome's show locally, even if he does relocate to CBS Sports Radio Network in January. It's far from a sure thing.

A girl can dream...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:38 pm 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
SHARK wrote:
Krazy Ivan wrote:

A girl can dream...

I think we all can. I'm not sure how it's all going to work.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:46 pm 

Krazy Ivan wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
rogers park bryan wrote:
Krazy Ivan wrote:

Best game show ever!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Beggars
Krazy Ivan wrote:

Not.

Keep Les!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:20 am 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Rome from 1-5 in the afternoon would be the best thing ever.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:39 pm 

Why would Rome succeed where Dan Patrick didn't with an over-night re-broadcast?

I like Rome and his act; but I think it would work only if it gets aired live. B&B are a lock in that slot right now.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Krazy Ivan wrote:
...to those suffering from insomnia. Keep it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:35 am 

Frontman wrote:
Why would Rome succeed where Dan Patrick didn't with an over-night re-broadcast?

I like Rome and his act; but I think it would work only if it gets aired live. B&B are a lock in that slot right now.

I think Rome's show is one that lends itself to the replay.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:04 am 

Frontman wrote:

Interestingly enough, when Jim Rome aired his sports talk show live on ESPN Radio 1000, it's believed that BOTH Tony Kornheiser & Dan Patrick were not happy that their national sports talk shows on ESPN Radio were nipped to accommodate Rome, his pregnant pauses & his "Clones". I think it was only after so many people complained that ESPN 1000 management elected to tape delay Rome's show and eventually removed it completely.

That being said, it's not a sure thing that 670 The SCORE would even pre-empt Les Grobstein to air a show in Jim Rome that's likely outdated and loses its freshness like DP's show after tape delayed for some 12 hours after originally airing live. That defeats the purpose.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:41 am 

It's a done deal. Jim Rome is indeed signing onto CBS Sports Radio. He'll be signing on weekdays 11A-2P (CT) starting January 2, 2013, the same day that CBS Sports Radio starts up its sports talk format on radio stations across America. However, Rome's new show will NOT be heard on 670 The SCORE. The CBS Sports Radio outlet won't necessarily air Rome & Doug Gottlieb's afternoon show that'll follow it locally, but BOTH Jim & Doug's voices will be heard on WSCR through those 60 second commentaries called the "CBS Sports Minute" airing weekdays 9A-6P.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:01 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
SHARK wrote:
Frontman wrote:

Interestingly enough, when Jim Rome aired his sports talk show live on ESPN Radio 1000, it's believed that BOTH Tony Kornheiser & Dan Patrick were not happy that their national sports talk shows on ESPN Radio were nipped to accommodate Rome, his pregnant pauses & his "Clones".

Haha, there's only enough room in this town for Dan Patrick's pregnant pauses!

It must've been around that same time (some point between 2000 and 2004?) that Rome started airing on Milwaukee's ESPN as well, cutting into Kornheiser and Patrick, and Kornheiser actually called out poor old WAUK 1510 over the air for their programming decision. Rome didn't last long.