It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 5:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

White Sox - Rangers are the primary ESPN game, but won't that be blacked out locally ???

If so, anyone know who we'll get locally ?

Wouldn't mind the Tigers/Rays matchup...Kazmir vs. Verlander, that's good stuff!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

The Cubs had an ESPN Monday nighter earlier this year. It wasn't blacked out. This won't be either. You can listen to Sutcliff and Shoenweiss if you want another break from Hawk and D.J. We had Sat and Sun without them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:10 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Marinos-EGV
I never thought I would say this, but I think DJ has become a better announcer/analyst than Hawk. His grumpy pouting and no talking routine are really growing old.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
EG...Pretty sure you are a Sox guy? correct?

But I have been saying this since last year.

DJ, is apprehensive when doing a game with Hawk and thus sound sworse than he is. Hawk doesn't even respond to half the stuff he says, leaves him hanging.

DJ, is not bad during national games, without Hawk. of course being that he is in chicago, he should know it's Mabry, not Mayberry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Marinos-EGV
Absolutely agree with all of that BF. Yes I am a Sox fan, my comment was mostly in reference to DJ having potential if ever separated from the great Hawk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

DJ definately has a career ahead of him after the current Hawk/Sox gig comes to a close. Whether Hawk retires or he gets a new job doing national games, he has very good insight on national broadcasts. I'm still pretty dissapointed that he had NOTHING to do with the Sox during the whole WS run last year though. Hell, he wasn't even at the parade downtown. Very strange.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:47 am 

Has Hawk given any hints about when he is going to retire? I agree that after his disappearing act during the post season last year, I questioned his commitment level. Can you even imagine having a chance to be at every game and just deciding I'd rather be in Florida - after being with the team the whole year. Hawk just seems like he is at the stage of life where he believes he knows all and the young crowd (DJ) just does not get his expertise and are ruining the game. I can't quite put my finger on whether he thinks the game needs him so desperately that he can't leave or if he thinks it will never be the same so he might as well pack up shop soon and golf full time.

I still think DJ would be crap without him.