It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FOX NFL Sunday pregame
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:25 am 
1000 CLUB

I noticed they are in the studio for the pre-game show this week. While Joe Buck is on baseball duty, that Curt guy is sitting in.

What do people think? I am pretty indifferent about them being on the road each week. The noise of the crowd gets irritating, but it never broke the broadcast for me. But after watching the show right now, I realize how much I like it better while their in studio.

I am also indifferent about Joe Buck. I don't think the show would tank if Curt was the permanent host and they were in the studio each week...

What do you guys (and gals) think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:28 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
I thought I was the only one who did not care for the on-site shows. To me the crowds are distracting, as is the hosts having to shout at each other.

I was ambivalent about today's host, as I am about Joe. I miss James Brown on Fox. Maybe they should have Jillian Barberie be the host.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:42 pm 

Probably offered more money from CBS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

Brown lived in NY I think, which is where the CBS studios are. The FOX studios are in LA. A lot less travel for Brown.

CBS probably offered more money, but the kicker, I think was that CBS has college basketball and the NCAA tournament. CBS announced Brown will be involved in the NCAA hoops coverage, upon his hiring.

Those three factors probably decided it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:22 pm 

JB has no chemistry with the CBS group...and he had it with Howie and Terry from the get go on Fox.

Someone should have reminded JB that chasing dollars isn't all it's cracked up to be in the long term. Craig James career is STILL trying to recover after leaving ESPN for the big bucks at CBS a number of years ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

Dan Marino- He has to be one of the dumbest man in the world. He's just a simpleton that really never says anything. He's hired because he's a pretty boy and has all the QB reccords. He just has a dumb glazed look about him. Has a very limited vocabulary. Seems to be very slow and a little punch drunk from those NFL hits.

Boomer Esiasan- Likes the sound of his own voice. Has a few good points but tends to do that fake laughter and banter with the panel that is annoying. I'm sure the producers tell them all to do it. Most of the time I'm saying "what the hell are these idiots laughing at."

Shannon Sharpe- It's tough to understand him with that deep South Carolina drawl. His brother doesn't have that heavy accent. He does step out more then the pretty boy QB's however

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:15 am 

Captain Crunch wrote:
JB has no chemistry with the CBS group...and he had it with Howie and Terry from the get go on Fox.

Someone should have reminded JB that chasing dollars isn't all it's cracked up to be in the long term. Craig James career is STILL trying to recover after leaving ESPN for the big bucks at CBS a number of years ago.

He prefers college basketball. That was deciding factor for him. He will get to host the NCAA tourney shows which is plenty of exposure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:37 pm 

GD,

If that was it, than that makes sense. If it was to get more money, than no. I would say they need to blow up that pre game team at the end of the year. It's a tough watch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:25 pm 

While JB looks like he played offensive lineman in college he was actually a basketball player.