It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 8:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:04 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
billypootons wrote:
if the car was towed illegally, then she has a right to be upset..... but it appears this bitch is being a bitch to the tow service just because she was inconvenienced.... so she deserves a twitter beating

What do you mean "illegal"? You mean that some guys way back when were strong enough to grab land, claim ownership of it, subdivide it, assign legal descriptions to it, and then sell it so the guys who eventually ended up with it could grab people's vehicles and hold them for ransom? Yeah, let's cheer those people!

Did you ever see that movie, The Jack Bull? Were you pulling for Ballard?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:06 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
What do you mean "illegal"? You mean that some guys way back when were strong enough to grab land, claim ownership of it, subdivide it, assign legal descriptions to it, and then sell it so the guys who eventually ended up with it could grab people's vehicles and hold them for ransom? Yeah, let's cheer those people!
Why does Britt McHenry have the right to own a car?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:07 am 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Why does Britt McHenry have the right to own a car?

Is this Purposely Obtuse Rick or do you really not understand the difference between a manufactured product and the earth?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:09 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Is this Purposely Obtuse Rick or do you really not understand the difference between a manufactured product and the earth?
The parking lot and building were manufactured too. They just don't move quite as easily.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:18 am 

My gf's car got towed on Milwaukee one time at 3am. We were all at Nicks. We walk out and she's like where is my car? My buddy Jon is like "Oh there it goes" as the tow truck drove away.

Getting the car back is absolutely ridiculous. I think the process is worse than the tow or fine.

I understand JORR's point of view, but I never condone "Do you know who I am-ism"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:18 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
billypootons wrote:
if the car was towed illegally, then she has a right to be upset..... but it appears this bitch is being a bitch to the tow service just because she was inconvenienced.... so she deserves a twitter beating

Did you ever see that movie, The Jack Bull? Were you pulling for Ballard?

agree, congrats to those people.... probably should find a better battle to fight then defending this bitch on a nice Friday morning

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:21 am 
Site Admin

billypootons wrote:
probably should find a better battle to fight then defending this bitch on a nice Friday morning

She's beside the point. Sure, I can understand your disdain for her hot blonde noblesse oblige. But of all the cars towed that night, just one of them was owned by a pulchritudinous ESPN reporter. Many others were the cars of regular men and women who needed them to get to their shitty jobs the next day. Excuse me if I'm not leading cheers for that.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:26 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Seems to me JORR has been towed quite a bit and is salty about it. Like I said before, don't be an asshole and park where you're not supposed to and you won't get towed. It's pretty goddamn simple. Otherwise, if you insist on parking illegally, pay the price and shut the fuck up you whiny bitch.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:28 am 
Site Admin

ShipOfZion wrote:
Seems to me JORR has been towed quite a bit and is salty about it. Like I said before, don't be an asshole and park where you're not supposed to and you won't get towed. It's pretty goddamn simple. Otherwise, if you insist on parking illegally, pay the price and shut the fuck up you whiny bitch.

I don't embrace the arbitrary whims of the rich and powerful.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:29 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
ShipOfZion wrote:

I don't embrace the arbitrary whims of the rich and powerful.

So you just park wherever you feel like it, laws be damned? It's not about rich and powerful. It's about rules.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:32 am 
Site Admin

ShipOfZion wrote:
It's about rules.

Why don't you get to make the rules? Why doesn't Britt McHenry get to make the rules?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:33 am 

Zion, do you accept all rules, even if you find them unjust?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:37 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Would you call the cops if someone parked in your driveway and went away for hours?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:41 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Would you call the cops if someone parked in your driveway and went away for hours?

Homes and businesses are interchangeable.

If I owned a business and someone parked there to go to a neighboring business that was open, I probably wouldnt call a towing company. Who knows though, lots of factors.

But Im not arguing this specific case. Zion is a big rules guy. Just wondering how far it goes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:43 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Zion is a big rules guy.

Zion wants this woman to be gangraped. Doesn't sound like a rules guy to me.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:46 am 

Douchebag wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Zion is a big rules guy.

Zion wants this woman to be gangraped. Doesn't sound like a rules guy to me.

You break the rules, you deal with consequences.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:47 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
If I owned a business and someone parked there to go to a neighboring business that was open, I probably wouldnt call a towing company. Who knows though, lots of factors.
That is costing you money though. One less customer who can buy stuff from you. That lot would be full of non-paying customers if they didn't tow them.

Just another reason that cities suck. Go suburbs!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:49 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
That is costing you money though. One less customer who can buy stuff from you. That lot would be full of non-paying customers if they didn't tow them.

In the hypothetical, my business is closed.

If it was open, Id probably be reasonable about it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:52 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Just another reason that cities suck. Go suburbs!

My wife once had her car towed in Schaumburg.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:52 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:

It isn't about being opened or closed. Being closed is proof that she wasn't a customer. I was in a McDonalds once where they came in and asked "Anyone in here driving this car?" and then it got towed when no one said they were.

If the business looked the other way then it would be filled with people who would take advantage of it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:56 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

It isn't about being opened or closed. Being closed is proof that she wasn't a customer. I was in a McDonalds once where they came in and asked "Anyone in here driving this car?" and then it got towed when no one said they were.

If the business looked the other way then it would be filled with people who would take advantage of it.

It IS about whether it's open or closed, imo. Taking advantage of an empty lot? That's fine.

There are many businesses that choose to do that. I used to park in a bank when I went to McDuffys for drinks.

I understand you need to make a profit, but I think you can be 99% out to make money and save 1% for being reasonable to the people around you.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:03 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
It IS about whether it's open or closed, imo. Taking advantage of an empty lot? That's fine.

There are many businesses that choose to do that. I used to park in a bank when I went to McDuffys for drinks.

I understand you need to make a profit, but I think you can be 99% out to make money and save 1% for being reasonable to the people around you.
There is normally a sign for that though with the hours it is enforced.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:05 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
get off my lot

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:10 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

There is normally a sign for that though with the hours it is enforced.

Im not arguing that the law shouldn't be enforced. Im just saying what I would do if I owned the business.

My question to Zion that started this was more about Always following rules and if there are any limits?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:10 am 

Rules are made to be followed. It seems like a lot of you assholes feel like you're special and don't have to follow rules or pick and choose what rules you obey and what you don't. Fuck off. You're not special. If it inconveniences you, too fucking bad, it inconveniences everyone, deal with it. "Unjust rules". Really?! You cant park right in front of the door of the establishment you're going to, and that's unjust? Walk around the block a couple of times and get your fat-entitled-ass used to parking a few steps away from the entrance.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:11 am 

ShipOfZion wrote:
Rules are made to be followed. It seems like a lot of you assholes feel like you're special and don't have to follow rules or pick and choose what rules you obey and what you don't. Fuck off. You're not special. If it inconveniences you, too fucking bad, it inconveniences everyone, deal with it. "Unjust rules". Really?! You cant park right in front of the door of the establishment you're going to, and that's unjust? Walk around the block a couple of times and get your fat-entitled-ass used to parking a few steps away from the entrance.

How many dicks have you had in your mouth this morning? You sound a bit mad.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:12 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Im not arguing that the law shouldn't be enforced. Im just saying what I would do if I owned the business.
Understood.

To get this back on topic, obviously she made a mistake and was having a bad day. She should be fired from her job and never work again.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:15 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I'm not trolling at all. The vast majority of cars that get towed aren't bothering anyone. It's just a more powerful guy fucking with a less powerful guy. I highly doubt she cavalierly left her car in the middle of the street or in the middle of some poor guy's driveway.

I'd probably restrain myself a little better in her situation, but I certainly would want to say every fucking word she did. And if you make a living off other people's misery, fuck you. You deserve what you get.

you know that burger king @ western/chicago? well one day my friend wanted a slice of pizza at the pizza joint next door and said "just park at burger king dude" and i'm like "man i'm not fucking with those tow people... i'm going to finish up my cigarette and get a milkshake or something" and he said ok and went in. so i'm literally standing in the BK lot finishing up my cigarette over by the burger king door and as i turn around to go in i see these tow motherfuckers run up and BLAM they get my car.

i'm like "hey what the fuck is going on here i was just finishing my cigarette" and they said "well the other person in your car went to the pizza place and this is parking for burger king only" and i'm like "dude, i'm specifically going into burger king just for this and i didn't even leave BK property in fact i was actually 2 feet from the fucking door as i finished my cigarette because you're not supposed to smoke in there and you're booting my car" and they are clearly seasoned veterans of this and say "look your car is booted and there's nothing you can do. if you don't give us (~$125-150) in 45mins we're towing your car and then it's at least $300 to get out"

i tried calling 311, i tried waving down cops.... all to no avail. i had to give these fuckers $125-150/whatever because i didn't flick my cigarette instantly when i was walking into burger king, and these guys prolly watched me smoking and made their move only because my back was turned even tho i was specifically going into burger king just because of this shit. classy people.

ShipOfZion wrote:
Rules are made to be followed.

that doesn't sound too good in song, now does it?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:17 am 

Douchebag wrote:
ShipOfZion wrote:

How many dicks have you had in your mouth this morning? You sound a bit mad.

You're goddamn right I'm mad when people defend this entitled-above the law-shit for certain people. Didn't mean to offend you, sweetheart.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:18 am 

Tow people are among the worst people on Earth. She should have stabbed the person in the video and be given a medal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next