It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:18 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
https://www.yahoo.com/tv/skip-bayless-e ... 22460.html

Polarizing sports commentator Skip Bayless is officially a former ESPN employee, as his last episode of “First Take” aired on Tuesday morning.

“Thanks to all of you for watching ColdPizza/FirstTake the last 12 years. I love you all, even when you don’t love what I just said,” Bayless tweeted.

The show played a highlight reel of Bayless’ greatest moments — set to Boyz II Men’s sentimental classic “It’s So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday” — followed by his emotional goodbye, which can be seen above.

Also Read: Skip Bayless Haters Celebrate His ESPN Exit

It appears Bayless won’t be missed by too many of his former ESPN colleagues. Ryen Russillo and Danny Kanell recently said they aren’t allowed to disagree with Bayless, while other current and former ESPN personalities have taken to Twitter to express their thoughts.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:36 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
hey say what you want about skip but on twitter he very very very and i mean VERY rarely, if at all, ever replies to any of us common-folk/peasants/etc on twitter....

...but i'll be damned if skipperoo didn't up and salute me as "admiral aweesome" on a dec 23/24 night some years back (i think 2009, but possibly 2010) so he's OK in my book.

how much you wanna bet any skip "highlight reel" has that dumbass tim tebow / skip song from "dj steve porter", a guy who found his niche sampling ESPN and sticking those vocal-samples/clips on top of lame hip-hop beats enough times to get a gig with ESPN proper doing that kind of dumb shit.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:44 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
he's doing a bit. this bit has made him a lot of money. that's it, if you accept this then you can just ignore him as a phony guy doing a bit. let other mouthbreathers tweet at him

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:49 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Good fucking riddance. Only about 10-15 more "personalities" that need to leave ESPN to make it watchable again.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
billypootons wrote:
he's doing a bit. this bit has made him a lot of money. that's it, if you accept this then you can just ignore him as a phony guy doing a bit. let other mouthbreathers tweet at him

...are we talking about skip bayless or dan bernstein here?

i'm still on record as believing that dan's "rosebud" is that he's actually doing way more of a skip bayless impression than he'd ever want to admit.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
sinicalypse wrote:
billypootons wrote:

...are we talking about skip bayless or dan bernstein here?

i'm still on record as believing that dan's "rosebud" is that he's actually doing way more of a skip bayless impression than he'd ever want to admit.

very similar, but i personally believe bernstein's bit is basically an over exaggerated representation of who he truly is. he's a jerk in real life, but he takes it up a few notches on the radio

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Dan has come out in recent years and clearly stated that he believes screaming at callers moves meters after hinting at it for a while.

It's the easy way out to suggest his show is an extension of his personality. One, he's polite in public (unless you interrupt a live read or something) and two, again he believes yelling at people moves meters. This is increasingly a guy doing a bit...a guy who comes up with takes that mostly spring from being a contrarian by nature and he magnifies the arguments to pull in arguments to move meters.

I still like the guy, but while Terry suffers from a variety of ailments, Dan has no excuse for essentially putting the show on autopilot some days. There are days that are full of levity and remind me of the old midday show...ChrisRonge tends to bring out the silly in the show, but there's days where you just can't move them from a couple of dug in positions meant to maximize bad interaction with callers.